Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 1:55:19 PM EDT
Remember the end credits? They're on the boat, they run out of gas, water, etc and it's all being filmed with the camera they found on the boat, right?

They come up on a small craft of some type...

What's up with the head in the cooler? WTF? I've thought about this for a while and can't figure out what that was supposed to be all about. A living, detached zombie head in a cooler adrift in an unoccupied boat.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Some other survivor wanted to know how long the head could live on it's own, is my guess.

Also, maybe just for the pure shock value.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Occupants of the boat kept it as an experiment to see how long it would live to help judge the expected life span of a zombie.

Probably bodyless to reduce it's threat level.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
This must be the alternate ending I did not see in the theaters.  I guess I'll have to rent that one.

Did anyone notice that one of the characters was killed because of the AWB?
His 10 round mag was not enough to save him.  If he had a hicap, he would have had 5 to 7 extra rounds(depending on the calibre) to get out of that tight spot he was in.

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, the head in the cooler was in the theater release too.  I know it's in the version they show on cable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Which is the best zombie movie for someone who hasn't seen any yet?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Did everyone see the two chicks kissing at the end while Down With The Sickness is blasting (interspersed with the screaming zombie noises)?

A sweet bonus for those watching 'til the very end.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The original DOTD.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original DOTD.

No doubt. The one, the only.
+1.

DOTD 1978

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember watching it in the theater, and when the credits started, about half or more of the audience got up and left, completely missing the actual ending of the movie. Stupid.

Most movies I've ever seen have something at the end, and I always stay for the credits.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original DOTD.

No doubt. The one, the only.
+1.

I think so, too.

DOTD 2 had better acting and was visually superior, but I thought the storyline and characters were a bit flat.

I still enjoyed it, though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The original DOTD was the best of all IMHO.  

"The only person who could miss with this (Rifle) is the sucker who paid for it."  

I still like the idiot who tried to get his blood pressure measured while zombies are all around.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original DOTD.

I enjoyed 2004 version but 1978 is better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This must be the alternate ending I did not see in the theaters.  I guess I'll have to rent that one.

Did anyone notice that one of the characters was killed because of the AWB?
His 10 round mag was not enough to save him.  If he had a hicap, he would have had 5 to 7 extra rounds(depending on the calibre) to get out of that tight spot he was in.

Bilster

Thats why Imbroglio said, when the move came, out to stay for the credits...........

As for the head in the cooler................... Maybe it was just a morbid person.............. Who would do that to those poor zombies~
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
It wasn't just a head, portions of the torso are there. It's just badly, badly decomposed. My guess is, two guys got on the boat to escape the zombies on the island and one was infected. He locked his buddy up in the tackle locker and then either abandoned the boat or was himself infected and wandered off to seek the flesh of the living.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
maybe some zombie was going for a nice little  boat ride and took a snack. but then he saw his reflection in the water and thought he was drowning so he jumped into save himself but then his boat floated away and he had to walk to shore. but thats just my guess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Which is the best zombie documentary for someone who hasn't seen any yet?

Hard to beat the original DOTD.Other great training/documentaries are

Resident Evil series
28 Days Later
Return of the Living dead 1+2 (3 sucks)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Althought I'm a fan of the original DOTD. I picked up the new one in a 2 pack with Shaun of the dead at BB for $19 this weekend.  Should both make good additions to the library if anyone is looking

YMMV

Blitz
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#18]
i heard shaun of the dead is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

shaun of the dead was quite funny.

DOTD 2 was bullshit for one major reason.
Zombies don't run.
Rules must be followed

It worked though.  I watched it ready to hate it because it wasn't a Romero masterpiece.  But I couldn't hate it, it was cool.

C'mon, man!  Most ARFCOMers wouldn't be afraid of a slow, lumbering zombie.  Those fast ones were serious shit!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think that's the point............

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that's the point............

It most definately is the point.  There's no better way to pay homage to someone than by mocking them.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Which is the best zombie documentary for someone who hasn't seen any yet?

Hard to beat the original DOTD.Other great training/documentaries are

Resident Evil series
28 Days Later
Return of the Living dead 1+2 (3 sucks)

The only good thing about ROTLD-3 was Melinda Clarke.

Another decent zombie flick that has potential to be a fave here on arfcom:  Hide And Creep
It's kinda cheesy & a "B" flick (or less) but any movie whose main protagonists are a zombie movie love'n video store clerk & a good 'ol boy gunnut is OK in my book.

Re DOTD-04 running zombies:

Quoted:
C'mon, man! Most ARFCOMers wouldn't be afraid of a slow, lumbering zombie. Those fast ones were serious shit!

+1
Slow, stumblebum zombies?  ARFCOMer reactive target Shutzenfest!
Fast movers?  GAH!!!!  OMFG!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Leave us not forget the Resident Evil movies, especially the second one.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Resident Evil 2 was a big let down for me. They ruined the story lines. If Valentine had gone about her story in Resident Evil 3 the gamme it would have been fine. But by introducing a new charecter they really changed things.

And the Nemisis was just sad. The one in the games was a fast, scary MoFo. The movie version I could escape while sleep walking.

But, I still enjoyed it just because the actors and crew worked really hard to make it a decent action flick. The writter is the one to blame for the problems.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody else watch DOTD 2004 (or any other zombie training file, mass mob/riot film) and get the increible need to have a shotgun close at hand? I just kept feeling out in the open, exposed....... so I bought a Remington tactical magnum last week.

Shaun of the Dead is a great movie.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I really liked the original but I have to admit, fast movers are cool.

Bomber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top