Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:02:50 PM EDT
Today I was talking with a coworker about muzzleloaders.  

He told me that you don't aim one with the sights - you just eyeball down the barrel.  He said he has a .45 Pennsylvania rifle and he can hit a quarter at 100 yards without using the sights.

Good eyes!  I don't think I can see a silver dollar at 100 yards.

I'll have to invite him the next time I go to the range.  I'll even supply the quarter!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to bet him a weeks pay first.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Be sure to take pictures.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Those conestoga wagon door gunners are incredible.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Comparing the woodsman skills of any modern man to a man like Crockett is laughable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Those conestoga wagon door gunners are incredible.

Quigly isnt even that good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
He will always have an excuse for not going with you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
it is called instinctive shooting, I do it with my longbow as well.

I have seen some people who are absolutely spectacular doing it with a front stuffer, I am not so good, I could kill a deer at that range with a firearm (and at about 30-40 yards with my longbow) but hit a quarter? I could, but not every time, maybe 2 times out of fifteen, with a rifle

Maybe
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He will always have an excuse for not going with you.

Mark my word on that. Over the years I've called dozens of people up on their bragging, and I've yet to this day had even ONE of them take me up on my offer to put their boasts on paper.

The Marine Ranger Recon sniper that the Marine Corps permitted to use his own rifle (a .45/70)turned chalky when I pulled out a picture of Franklin and told him the $100 was his if he could keep 10 shots in the black at 200 yards. Then he got really antsy when i told him I had a couple rifles in the vehicle and the range was only 5 minutes away.

He musta had pretty good ears. He heard his mother calling him or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top