Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I already did

Quoted:

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

"From:  "DC Police (imailagent)" <[email protected]>

Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)

Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST

To:  (OODA_Loop)

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment.  NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied.  This matter is currently being investigated.   Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan  Police Department"

Can I repost this on FB?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
devil's advocate

This is a non-violent crime even if a felony.

Should David lose his gun and voting rights over this?  After all if he's free to live in our society he should have all the same rights as any other free man

If it was YOU, you would be spending Christmas in jail.  Why should the elite have a pass?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment.  NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied.  This matter is currently being investigated.   Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

So how do you know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it actually was a "high capacity magazine"????

It looked like a DUCK, walked like a DUCK, quaked like a DUCK, smelled like a DUCK - and best of all - HE SAID IT WAS A DUCK!!!

What if he held up a bag of oregano and said it was marijuana, or a mason jar filled with vodka and called it white lightning?

I'm sure it was a 30 rounder......but what we know and what we can prove in court are two different things.

Well, we don't know.. that's for a Judge and Jury to decide

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

So how do you know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that it actually was a "high capacity magazine"????

It looked like a DUCK, walked like a DUCK, quaked like a DUCK, smelled like a DUCK - and best of all - HE SAID IT WAS A DUCK!!!

What if he held up a bag of oregano and said it was marijuana, or a mason jar filled with vodka and called it white lightning?

I'm sure it was a 30 rounder......but what we know and what we can prove in court are two different things.

I'll bet Wayne can verify it was an actual 30 round mag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
 I wish I was still a sworn DC cop.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I think as many people as possible need to call/email the DA's office in DC and demand prosecution for the flagrant disregard for DC gun laws shown by David Gregory especially after the MPD told them it was NOT OK.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
He will get out of it by saying it was a fake or something like that, I am sure he will say it was from an airsoft AR!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 I wish I was still a sworn DC cop.

Got any old friends that still are?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think as many people as possible need to call/email the DA's office in DC and demand prosecution for the flagrant disregard for DC gun laws shown by David Gregory especially after the MPD told them it was NOT OK.

We need a contact link for the prosecuting attorney...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
That is excellent.  I hope a prosecutor grows some and takes this case on.  The point needs to be reinforced:

Criminals do not care what laws you enact.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Funny, but nothing will happen. Libs and Dems do not have to abide by the same laws us right winger, gun nuts do.

Proving the point, when legislation is introduced, Bans do not work,  and people knowingly breaking gun laws ,DO Not Get Prosecuted."
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]
That's awesome... I'm as happy as a puppy with two peters!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

Now you're just sounding obtuse.  You and I know what that was, and he admitted it.  Why is it necessary to argue with you over whether his best defense is that he lied?

And you're in law enforcement?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

He said it was while holding it in his hands....

furthermore even if it was missing the spring or follower, it looks like it could be readily converted to functioning order, which still makes it illegal according to that law.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#16]
If this isn't prosecuted, can we move to have the law struck down as the people responsible for enforcement obviously don't beleive the law to be meaningful?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It'll get bumped up to the Police Chief, since it involves a member of the media, who will ask the Mayor what to do, who will ask Eleanor Holmes Norton what to do (she's the non-voting DC representative of the House), who will ask her master Mr Obama what he wants done about it.  Being as the TV reporter sends his kids to the same school as the President does, and is in the same social circles, it's a fair bet IMHO that this will be quashed pronto.  Nothing will come of it - after all the elitists are NOT subject to the same laws as we the peons.

We'll all wail and gnash our teeth, and the game of some animals are more equal than others will continue on it's merry way.

I agree.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
devil's advocate

This is a non-violent crime even if a felony.

Should David lose his gun and voting rights over this?  After all if he's free to live in our society he should have all the same rights as any other free man

Make him play by the rules he supports...

No he shouldn't loose his rights over this...But I didn't set the penalty. Anti gun people like him did.

And it sounds like its a misdemeanor anyway. There was a link posted earlier to the penalty, it was up to 1 yr in jail. That is usually a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll get bumped up to the Police Chief, since it involves a member of the media, who will ask the Mayor what to do, who will ask Eleanor Holmes Norton what to do (she's the non-voting DC representative of the House), who will ask her master Mr Obama what he wants done about it.  Being as the TV reporter sends his kids to the same school as the President does, and is in the same social circles, it's a fair bet IMHO that this will be quashed pronto.  Nothing will come of it - after all the elitists are NOT subject to the same laws as we the peons.

We'll all wail and gnash our teeth, and the game of some animals are more equal than others will continue on it's merry way.

I agree.

If we keep up the pressure someone is bound to get thrown under the bus.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If this isn't prosecuted, can we move to have the law struck down as the people responsible for enforcement obviously don't beleive the law to be meaningful?

Hopefully he's charged, convicted, then he appeals and the law is struck down. Thanks in advance David Gregory!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

I agree.

Nothing will be done about it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be happy just seeing it all over the news.  That's a retarded law to bust anyone for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
you know, that email almost makes it sound like Nbc tried to get permission after the fact.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Why would they ask otherwise?  They're the media - they don't need permission (in their minds).

I think they just f-ed up.

NOT AN ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Me, too. Good ole boys club - every politician has one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Now it's a crisis for NBC, and you know they can't waste those - so stand by for some dog wagging.

Wayne should have pulled out a Beta-C drum, and said "Now THAT'S a magazine!"
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

Now you're just sounding obtuse.  You and I know what that was, and he admitted it.  Why is it necessary to argue with you over whether his best defense is that he lied?

And you're in law enforcement?

Yes I'm in law enforcement.  Thats why I'm pointing out the folly of this.

What evidence sre you going to bring into court?

Sorry if my knowledge of the criminal justice system makes me sound obtuse.

Without that specific magazine being seized you have no evidence. You think NBC will just hand it over? You think MPD is going to do a search warrant to look for it?

Sorry to rain on the parade but beyond a reasonable doubt is a pretty high standard to meet with only a video and no actual evidence.

Y'all can go back to your circle jerk about MPD actually investigating this now
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now it's a crisis for NBC, and you know they can't waste those - so stand by for some dog wagging.

Wayne should have pulled out a Beta-C drum, and said "Now THAT'S a magazine!"

While comical, I think watching these gun-grabbers fall on their own swords is the best medicine.

There is also a list floating around of all the gun-grabbers with CCW/armed security.  They won't give up theirs, why should we give up ours?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]
lock him up scumbag
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Without that specific magazine being seized you have no evidence. You think NBC will just hand it over? You think MPD is going to do a search warrant to look for it?

Sorry to rain on the parade but beyond a reasonable doubt is a pretty high standard to meet with only a video and no actual evidence.

I had to snip your quote tree violation.

If video, and his own admission isn't sufficient than you're absolutely right -he should not be held responsible for his actions.

Back to ignore with you.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[snip]

NBC did DCPD the favor of documenting the crime along with the suspect's admission that he was violating the law.

There is no affirmative defense in DC's law.  The law doesn't require possession of a weapon, just a mag.  Let the suspect go to court and prove his innocence like any other citizen.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#31]
yay America!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Back to ignore with you.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

How about LaPierre?

Dude, I could easily pass as a "firearms expert" in a court of law.  If I saw a mag within 1-3 feet of my face I could easily tell it was real or not.  Sight, Sound, even smell sometimes can give it away.  Yeah, LaPierres' testimony could be damning.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#34]
This is a golden gift to our side.
This shows the true stupidity in the law itself.

Thank you LaPierre for scheduling your appearance. Keep on 'em.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[snip]

NBC did DCPD the favor of documenting the crime along with the suspect's admission that he was violating the law.

There is no affirmative defense in DC's law.  The law doesn't require possession of a weapon, just a mag.  Let the suspect go to court and prove his innocence like any other citizen.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[Dude, I could easily pass as a "firearms expert" in a court of law.  If I saw a mag within 1-3 feet of my face I could easily tell it was real or not.  Sight, Sound, even smell sometimes can give it away.  Yeah, LaPierres' testimony could be damning.

Does on a TV screen count without the actual piece of contraband?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Dude, I could easily pass as a "firearms expert" in a court of law.  If I saw a mag within 1-3 feet of my face I could easily tell it was real or not.  Sight, Sound, even smell sometimes can give it away.  Yeah, LaPierres' testimony could be damning.

If you had CCTV footage of a convenience store robbery, but never recovered the weapon used in the robbery, would that "count?"
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you had CCTV footage of a convenience store robbery, but never recovered the weapon used in the robbery, would that "count?"

To charge robbery or to tack on a Poss. of firearm charge?

You can charge 1st degree robbery even if its an airsoft since they feared it might be real.

No tack on charge.....prove its not an airsoft.

When you seize a firearm for a charge like that you have to test fire it to show it's in proper working order and actually a firearm.

No gun....no charge.

Edit: heres the definition of a firearm in my state. If you can't prove it fires a steel/ metal projectile then its not a firearm.

(3) "Firearm" includes any machine gun, pistol, rifle, air rifle, air pistol, "blank gun," "BB gun," or other instrument from which steel or metal projectiles are propelled, or which may readily be converted to expel a projectile, except crossbows, recurve, compound, or longbows, and except instruments propelling projectiles which are designed or normally used for a primary purpose other than as a weapon. The frame or receiver of the weapon shall be construed as a firearm under the provisions of this section.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It will be selective enforcement.

Liberals are above the laws they draft and support.  Look at Eric Holder, still walking free as a bird.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

Probable Cause to arrest.  I'd say they are pretty damn close already.  Let's see if there actually is an investigation and if they don't think they have it yet, if they can develop it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Someone do that animal farm quote thingy
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can charge 1st degree robbery even if its an airsoft since they feared it might be real.

When you seize a firearm for a charge like that you have to test fire it to show it's in proper working order and actually a firearm.

No gun....no charge.

Edit: heres the definition of a firearm in my state. If you can't prove it fires a steel/ metal projectile then its not a firearm.

(3) "Firearm" includes any machine gun, pistol, rifle, air rifle, air pistol, "blank gun," "BB gun," or other instrument from which steel or metal projectiles are propelled, or which may readily be converted to expel a projectile, except crossbows, recurve, compound, or longbows, and except instruments propelling projectiles which are designed or normally used for a primary purpose other than as a weapon. The frame or receiver of the weapon shall be construed as a firearm under the provisions of this section.

To charge for aggravated robbery all you need is the footage.  That was my point.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

Probable Cause to arrest.  I'd say they are pretty damn close already.  Let's see if there actually is an investigation and if they don't think they have it yet, if they can develop it.

I've never met a judge that would sign that affidavit.

If it did get signed then the case would never make it through screening.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

To charge for aggravated robbery all you need is the footage.  That was my point.

I agree....because whatever the perceived weapon is placed them in fear.

But youre not going to get a poss. of a firearm while committing a crinme of violence charge out of it because you saw a firearm on the tape.

You actually need the contraband for the charge  to be filed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

I've never met a judge that would sign that affidavit.

If it did get signed then the case would never make it through screening.

You've never met a judge that would sign off on PC?  Wow, glad I don't work where you are.  If your judges standard is Reasonable Doubt to make an arrest...holy shit....

ETA:  It's not my job to determine if they will take the case.  If PC exists I can charge.  If they determine there is PC they should charge in this case.

ETA2:  Actually, I have reconsidered.  I don't think they should charge...The law is BS and unconstitutional.  Just because a jerk/ass like this guy has violated this law doesn't mean we should be inconsistent and want him charged - even with the satisfaction it would bring.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No gun....no charge.

This is not a firearm however.  LaPierre could easily testify that it was an actual "hi-cap" magazine.  No where in the law does it say it has to be functional all the time.

(if that was the case, then you could possess as the Orlite magazines you wanted.....those pieces of crap never work)
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

Winning.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Keep up the pressure. I emailed D.C. Police about that segment a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Nothing will come of it...

because "He was just reporting"
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

WLP would make a pretty good expert witness at trial.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top