Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 5:12:18 PM EDT
OK, so my 8 year old decides to cook dinner tonight (some kind of black bean birrito thing).  My usual solution to this is the liberal use of hot sauce.  So I grab a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce (that I picked up at some outlet store while shopping for kids clothes) and pour it on.  Oh My God,  I finished everything on my plate but I am sweating profusly and am on my 4th beer. Not bad stuff (for someone that that thinks that tobasco is not too hot)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
most people can't come close to handling that stuff.  i got down a sub sandwich loaded with it and i wasn't in too bad of shape, but my buddy who tried a single drop of it just about died.

i love hot sauce...  my sauce of choice is blair's death or blair's afterdeath sauce.  good taste and a good kick as well.  i usually won't mess with the supersauces like daves or maddog's 357 unless i'm with some friends and want to see them sweat.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This obviously wasn't Ultimate Insanity Sauce, the bottle that comes in a little coffin.

It's so hot it isn't even any fun, it's just too painful.

It has a warning for children and pets too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
+1

I love hot stuff and I can handle Dave's, but the stuff is just stupid hot. A test of manhood, not a flavor enhancer.

Try some datil pepper sauce. Great, hot, unique flavor, much different than the average jalepeno stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
In Before Someone Mentioned Scoval Units
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1

Try some datil pepper sauce. Great, hot, unique flavor, much different than the average jalepeno stuff.

I have had this quite a few times, and would agree....I have had it down south, but not here in Maryland. Any ideas on where to buy it?

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont know seems to me the point of it and others of its ilk is heat not flavor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1

I have had this quite a few times, and would agree....I have had it down south, but not here in Maryland. Any ideas on where to buy it?

Thanks,
Sean

this it?

www.pepperproducts.com/datil-pepper-sauces.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OK, so my 8 year old decides to cook dinner tonight (some kind of black bean birrito thing).  My usual solution to this is the liberal use of hot sauce.  So I grab a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce (that I picked up at some outlet store while shopping for kids clothes) and pour it on.  Oh My God,  I finished everything on my plate but I am sweating profusly and am on my 4th beer. Not bad stuff (for someone that that thinks that tobasco is not too hot)

Does your  8 year old know you're an alcoholic ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I love that stuff..  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm a Death man myself and have a few different ones.

The one I seem to be pulling out the most these days is Mega Death.

Plenty of kick but still lets the flavor come through.

+1.  Blair makes the best.

ETA:  here is what i got.  i have since filled this shelf and need to build another one.  hot sauce is good.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Dave's is good stuff.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It's used for adding fire to batches of food and even then just a drop or two. Not directly applied to a bite you're about to eat, like normal hot sauce. Although I see some maniacs here actually do that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I absolutely love the stuff!  There is another Daves Sauce that is even hotter.  I wont go hotter than that though.  When you can feel your meal move through your entire system its too hot :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like I'm starting yet another journey over to the dark side a cup of icecream and around one hour on a exercise bike and i'm starting to feel normal again.  Never thought I'd come up against a store bought condiment that would slap me upside the head so well.

And nowI find out there are even hotter sauces on the market!  I've got to start reading those labels.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Thinly sliced habanero in sandwiches
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
most people can't come close to handling that stuff.  i got down a sub sandwich loaded with it and i wasn't in too bad of shape, but my buddy who tried a single drop of it just about died.

i love hot sauce...  my sauce of choice is blair's death or blair's afterdeath sauce.  good taste and a good kick as well.  i usually won't mess with the supersauces like daves or maddog's 357 unless i'm with some friends and want to see them sweat.

That is good stuff, I prefer 2Am or 3Am for my seasoning needs, though I have not seen it in a shop for some time now

I had a friend who claimed he could handle any sauce I had, he took one teensy little drop of the Insanity and he starts gasping and saying he had an allergic reaction and it almost killed him. Kind of a whiner, the only sauce I have that he can handle is redhot and tabasco (in small doses )

If it ain't making my nose run (or bleed ) and giving me the hickups, it ain't hot enough!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It's used for adding fire to batches of food and even then just a drop or two. Not directly applied to a bite you're about to eat, like normal hot sauce. Although I see some maniacs here actually do that.

Yup.  I like to add a half a shot or so to a pot of chili, gives it a nice boost to the heat that jalapenos just won't bring it to.

Put it into the bowl of chili that I'm eating, and it'll make me take repeated trips to the fridge for beer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Dave's is the HEAT, baby!  Just DO NOT GET IT IN YOUR EYES!!!!!!  Trust me, it hurts.  Almost as bed as having Freeze +P sprayed in your face.

I was showing my Dave's (Millenium Reserve, came in the little wooden coffin) to some friends one afternoon.  All I touched was the outside of the lid.  About five or ten minutes after putting it away, I wiped something out of my eye.  Apparently, I got a little oil on my finger, because my eye nearly spontaneously combusted!  It took about 45 minutes for my eye to feel relatively normal.

I used to take a bottle to the field when I was on active duty.  My section chief was addicted to the stuff.  We figured out that in order to add some heat to an MRE entree, while keeping it moderately edible (as edible as an MRE can be), you had to follow a very strict procedure.  First, you unbend a paperclip.  Next, dip the tip of the paperclip into the bottle.  Then, wipe the clip off almost completely.  Lastly, swirl the paperclip around in the entree.  If you put any more into it, you'd make it unbearable.

The last time I went to the field, I witnessed the funniest episode of "Dave's Insanity Sauce will kick your ass and your friends' asses."  On the last day of the exercise, the Battalion cooks prepared a steak dinner for us, complete with corn on the cob, rolls, salad, the whole nine yards.  Well, several of us are talking about my "Dave's", joking about putting it on our steaks.  Well, this one soldier, PFC Lee, says that he can handle it, that he has "a hot mouth", no hot sauce is too hot.  Those of us who had tried it warned him that it wasn't no Tabasco, it was a mean mother-fucker.  Well, Lee takes the bottle, opens it, and POURS it onto his steak, much like you might do with A-1!  We again tried to warn him, but he didn't want to listen.  So, he takes a few bites and begins chewing.  I'm watching for a minute or two and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.  I'm getting impressed!  All of a sudden, sweat beads begin forming on his forehead, he drops his plate and grabs for his canteen, trying to wash the taste out of his mouth.  We're all laughing our asses off at him, as he's cursing us, the Dave's, the Army, the food, and everything on God's green Earth.

Ok, so we figure everyone has seen Lee and is intimidated enough to never want to even look at the bottle, much less try the stuff.  Nope, not a bunch of hard-charging, stiff-dicked soldiers!  Three or four other young studs put Dave's on either their steaks or lick it off of spoons.  All of them ended up sweating, cursing, and damn near crying, while guzzling down all the Parmalat UHT milk they could get their hands on.  It was absolutely hilarious watching these guys try to show how macho they were, only to end up running around with their mouths on fire.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This obviously wasn't Ultimate Insanity Sauce, the bottle that comes in a little coffin.

It's so hot it isn't even any fun, it's just too painful.

My buddies at work got me some of that for a sub sammich, it was fine except I put a too much on.  When I bit down on the sub, some of the stuff shot down my windpipe.  

You can also "feel" it move through your intestinal tract too, you'll know when it is time to make a dash for the shitter too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I've had Dave's before. I'll stick with Franks and Tabasco.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dave's is the HEAT, baby!  Just DO NOT GET IT IN YOUR EYES!!!!!!  Trust me, it hurts.  Almost as bed as having Freeze +P sprayed in your face.

I was showing my Dave's (Millenium Reserve, came in the little wooden coffin) to some friends one afternoon.  All I touched was the outside of the lid.  About five or ten minutes after putting it away, I wiped something out of my eye.  Apparently, I got a little oil on my finger, because my eye nearly spontaneously combusted!  It took about 45 minutes for my eye to feel relatively normal.

I used to take a bottle to the field when I was on active duty.  My section chief was addicted to the stuff.  We figured out that in order to add some heat to an MRE entree, while keeping it moderately edible (as edible as an MRE can be), you had to follow a very strict procedure.  First, you unbend a paperclip.  Next, dip the tip of the paperclip into the bottle.  Then, wipe the clip off almost completely.  Lastly, swirl the paperclip around in the entree.  If you put any more into it, you'd make it unbearable.

The last time I went to the field, I witnessed the funniest episode of "Dave's Insanity Sauce will kick your ass and your friends' asses."  On the last day of the exercise, the Battalion cooks prepared a steak dinner for us, complete with corn on the cob, rolls, salad, the whole nine yards.  Well, several of us are talking about my "Dave's", joking about putting it on our steaks.  Well, this one soldier, PFC Lee, says that he can handle it, that he has "a hot mouth", no hot sauce is too hot.  Those of us who had tried it warned him that it wasn't no Tabasco, it was a mean mother-fucker.  Well, Lee takes the bottle, opens it, and POURS it onto his steak, much like you might do with A-1!  We again tried to warn him, but he didn't want to listen.  So, he takes a few bites and begins chewing.  I'm watching for a minute or two and it doesn't seem to be bothering him.  I'm getting impressed!  All of a sudden, sweat beads begin forming on his forehead, he drops his plate and grabs for his canteen, trying to wash the taste out of his mouth.  We're all laughing our asses off at him, as he's cursing us, the Dave's, the Army, the food, and everything on God's green Earth.

Ok, so we figure everyone has seen Lee and is intimidated enough to never want to even look at the bottle, much less try the stuff.  Nope, not a bunch of hard-charging, stiff-dicked soldiers!  Three or four other young studs put Dave's on either their steaks or lick it off of spoons.  All of them ended up sweating, cursing, and damn near crying, while guzzling down all the Parmalat UHT milk they could get their hands on.  It was absolutely hilarious watching these guys try to show how macho they were, only to end up running around with their mouths on fire.

+1.  i had a female friend who got some "final answer" on her private area and she was hurt.  hurt bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I havn't tried Dave's, but Buffalo Wild Wings blazin' is some HOT sauce.  I have a bottle unopened..I don't even know what to use it on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I havn't tried Dave's, but Buffalo Wild Wings blazin' is some HOT sauce.  I have a bottle unopened..I don't even know what to use it on.

Put it on the toilet paper of someone you hate.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#28]

+1.  i had a female friend who got some "final answer" on her private area and she was hurt.  hurt bad.

Oh man . . . let me tell ya about it.  My wife of 14 years and I had a little problem one afternoon . . .

I had only been married about a year and my wife was still a hot little vixen that would actually have sex in plaes other than a bed.  One afternoon she was making her world famous kick ass chili and had just finished cutting up the jalapenos when the "need" for some man-meat struck her.   Being still young and interested in sex, she decided to put the chili on hold and give me a little pre-dinner snack.

I was crashed in front of the TV when she walked into the room, dropped to her knees in front of me, and without a word began to unzip my jeans.  She immediately went to work with her frankly amazing oral abilities.  After about a minute of squirming around trying not to blow one (she was and still is the most mind blowing talented woman in this respect) I noticed a nice warm tingling sensation in my nut sack.  I figured that she was doing the old "eat a mint Lifesaver before the blow job" trick . . . when suddenly it felt like someone had dipped my jimmy in burning napalm.  She also spit it out and started gasping with pain.  We both frantically ran to the bathroom and tried to wash off the offending substance, but water only made it hotter.  I thought about dipping the bastard in milk, but we were out.  Finally I used some Aloe Vera sunburn lotion and it seemed to put the fires out.  She ate some bread to cool her mouth down.

We later figured that she had gotten the oil on her fingers but had not managed to get it all off when she washed her hands.  Once she started to really work it, the oil had transfered itself from her hand to my johnson and her mouth.  Pain ensued.

After the burning subsided we gingerly tried again this time with much more satisfying results.

We still laugh about it.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Put it on the toilet paper of someone you hate.

Dude, that would be beyond the pale.

I would pop a cap in someone who did that

Disconnector
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
+1

I love hot stuff and I can handle Dave's, but the stuff is just stupid hot. A test of manhood, not a flavor enhancer.

Actually, Stupid Hot is made by a nice fellow named Jim Campbell and is a pretty good sauce.  For a good Datil pepper sauce, you gotta go with Datil-Do-It Devil Drops.  It's really tasty without overpowering your food.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I went into a shop in New Orleans that sold nothing but hot sauce.I look around and find a few that looked good so I go up to check out and ask the guy if the stuff I picked out was hot.He said they were pretty hot but if I wanted something hotter to try Daves.He reaches for a sample bottle wets a tooth pick completely in this stuff and I taste it.At first it wasn't to bad but it starting to really hurt but I wasn't about to let him know this.I pay say thank you and once around the corner I freak out and about drained the nearest beer vender.Gotta be real carefull with this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Problem is this.......real hot sauce should be made from hot peppers of various varieties.........to play the super hot game, producers have started adding in the  chemically refined capsascin to supplement the hotness......I BELIEVE THIS IS CHEATING!!!  I will not buy a hot sauce that contains added refined capsascin.......might as well go out and buy a can of pepper spray and spray it down your throat.
The real contest for hotness should be between sauces made only with the naturally grown peppers....more flavor and the hotness if from the natural plant....not a chemistry lab!
My 2 cents on hot sauce.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top