Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:44:31 PM EDT
I'm thinking about giving them a try, has anyone had luck? What are some of your experiences?

Thanks

-Will
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:49:55 PM EDT
Dating sites or "Adult Encounter" type dating sites? I hear both are crappy, and mostly filled with spam and other fake shit. Just go hang out at a bar or something, meet people normally.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:50:28 PM EDT
I didn't realize they made adapters for dates on your AR15.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:50:41 PM EDT
Will they work on my 1911?

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:50:56 PM EDT
Craigslist.org

&

ALT.com (if your into freaky bitches)
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:53:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chesh97:
Craigslist.org

&

ALT.com (if your into freaky bitches)

Cutting and pasting!

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:53:52 PM EDT
Do those sights have tritium in them, like night sights?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:54:34 PM EDT
Dating sights? Would that be like a MILF-dot?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:56:23 PM EDT
Are you trying to date the sights to see how old the tritium is?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:58:52 PM EDT
Sites... Just goes to show, I spend to much time on a gun forum.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:20:43 PM EDT

Ok, so your tired of having sex by yourself, it happens to all of us. Try Home Depot or the local super market on the weeekends. I wouldn't do the dating sights or sites, it's just a gimmick to get your money. I've never tried them though, I'v been married for the last 16 years.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 8:22:01 PM EDT by NoStockBikes]

Originally Posted By GameOver1:
Sites... Just goes to show, I spend to much time on a gun forum.

Oh... no I haven't. There have been some decent threads on the subject, though. Someone was having some good success a few weeks back. Members here will generally complain about eHarmony for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:21:36 PM EDT
His name was Kangaroo-15...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:23:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Whoa, blast from the past there, did he get "disappeared" or what?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:24:30 PM EDT
I had met two decent girls that I dated for a bit. Then I met my wife on one them dating sites. Takes work to weed through the trash to find something worth your time. Alot like lurking in the bars actually.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:25:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:

Banned, partly due to his epic dating threads.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 8:30:56 PM EDT by Procyon]
I travel a lot for work, so it's one of the best ways for me to meet people.

I've had 3 long term relationships and plenty of short term (date 1-5 times) resulting. I'm currently working on my 4th relationship (via online) and have a feeling that this is marriage potential (I've never been married yet).

I have a few friends who have used them and married someone they met through the sites. Half of those marriages already have kids. All are still married, happily.

I recommend it, but you also need to state what you're looking for so we can help further.

If you're looking for no commitment sex, try adult friend finder or something like that.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:43:35 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I live in a college town in CA, so there's plenty of tang out there. I'm just tired of dating chicks that are really young ( I'm 27) or are brain washed by the media. I want a down to earth girl that is down to shoot/blow shit up and can think for herself.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:45:06 PM EDT
plentyoffish.com> free or match.com for $$ you will be able to find some slizzies on one of these two sites, try the fish first since its free
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:47:02 PM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I live in a college town in CA, so there's plenty of tang out there. I'm just tired of dating chicks that are really young ( I'm 27) or are brain washed by the media. I want a down to earth girl that is down to shoot/blow shit up and can think for herself.

1 in a million good luck

God save us all
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2009 11:10:11 PM EDT by Mall-Ninja]
The free ones are full of spam bots, and the pay ones are full of some seriously desperate (psycho/overweight/ugly) women.

In either case, men outnumber women at least 4 to 1

We live in CA. Those type of women are extinct here.

I found a girl here that is two out of the three you mentioned. I'm putting a ring on her finger soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:39:49 PM EDT
AshleyMadison.com FTMFW!!

Most women are lying cheating whores. And now you can find them all in one place!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:42:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
I didn't realize they made adapters for dates on your AR15.

They're like beer googles for people that "just want to be friends".
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:45:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:

That shithead was picking random women from dating sites and claiming he was flying around the country meeting and meating them.

It all came to an end when one of the women he picked was from Florida and knew me!

You guessed it! Never heard of him!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:49:21 PM EDT
Sight =/= Site
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:50:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexAR:
AshleyMadison.com FTMFW!!

Most women are lying cheating whores. And now you can find them all in one place!!

You know, I was about to jump on you for that, but recent events in my life gave me pause..

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2009 3:55:17 PM EDT by Deej86]
I am a member of match.com.

I had a date with a great girl last Friday, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work out, because she'd rather talk on instant messenger than on the phone.

I tried Plentyoffish. It's OK...talked with a few people, was going to set up a date with one till I found out she had HPV.

And as to the comment about "getting out and meeting people"...sometimes going out to bars isn't the best way to meet people. Besides, as a college student, I know a LOT of party girls, and that's the exact scene I am trying to avoid.

Oh and by the way, my sister met her husband(who is also a member here) on Yahoo Personals. They've been married 7 years this year.

Originally Posted By HoseKing:
Dating sites or "Adult Encounter" type dating sites? I hear both are crappy, and mostly filled with spam and other fake shit. Just go hang out at a bar or something, meet people normally.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:58:28 PM EDT
6 years ago this evening, I had a dinner date with a tall handsome man that I had been through an Internet dating site.

This June will be our 5 year wedding anniversary.

And to think I was just looking to meet some folks as I was new to the area. Was not looking for love or a boyfriend; much less a husband!

Good luck and I wish I could recommend a site to you, but since I got married, the husband doesn't much care for my surfing those sites anymore
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:42:13 AM EDT
Just wanted to add: Eharmony.com is having a "Free Communication Weekend", so to the OP: if you're interested, sign up, take the little test, and you can go through the processes with the women and you might just find someone.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:48:50 AM EDT
Thus far, I am *very* pleased with eharmony.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:50:06 AM EDT
*snicker*
Originally Posted By Holden_McRoyne:

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:57:40 AM EDT
i tried match. That place is like a social network for dysfunctional and insane females. None of the ladies I met i would consider to be dating material, much less marriage material. If thats not what you are looking for, match might be the place for you. From my experience, they all screw on the first date.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:00:35 AM EDT
yahoo is a waste I see the same ads for years when I trolled it.
I have used Match.com and met my current GF of 4.5 years had a few dud dates and some fun got a really good email from a liberal fat vegetarian once. That went well....
The pay sites do seem to weed out the riff raff
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:01:03 AM EDT
Plentyoffish.com

Lots of easy chicks on that site.

More Canadian pie than you will know what to do with.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:02:33 AM EDT
I find no advantage in them. If you've got to draw down, being able to find your date in them works as well as the standard gun sights.

Save the money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:05:15 AM EDT
I guess a Palyboy model would count as a sight, but then again, so would the unwashed crazy caty lady down the street. Could you be more specific? Do you mean a good sight, like "Whoa! Look at those tits!" or a bad sight, Like a fire victim?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:05:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kaizer27:
i tried match. That place is like a social network for dysfunctional and insane females. None of the ladies I met i would consider to be dating material, much less marriage material. If thats not what you are looking for, match might be the place for you. From my experience, they all screw on the first date.

lol wut?

I saw the girl that I dated as neither insane nor dysfunctional. And no, we didn't "do it" on the first date. While I found it odd that she didn't want to talk on the phone, I am respecting her wishes. I did see her as what I am looking for and then some. Plus, she doesn't like Obama, so that's a plus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:07:43 AM EDT
Met my wife on lavalife.com. We have been together four years, and we get happier everyday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:07:49 AM EDT
I'm thinking about giving them a try, has anyone had luck? What are some of your experiences?

Thanks

-Will

I think if you live in a bigger city (Chicago, St. Louis, NYC, Houston.......blah blah blah) they seem to work better and you have a much more diverse group of women on them. In big cities it seems like there are plenty of "normal" girls that are looking to meet guys and are tired of the bar and club scene....so I can see the dating sites actually working pretty well.

Now on the other hand, if you are from a smaller town......the dating sites for those areas are crowded full of a bunch of messed up girls with multiple kids looking for daddies, or they are pretty darn ugly and have lots of baggage....or both!

Just search the Austin TX area.....then search some place like Ozark Missouri.......HUGE difference in the quality of girls you are going to find
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:16:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 9:29:35 AM EDT by Deej86]
Originally Posted By Jrock82:
Met my wife on lavalife.com. We have been together four years, and we get happier everyday.

Great to hear. That's what I'm trying to accomplish with online dating is to find the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Originally Posted By imq707s:

I think if you live in a bigger city (Chicago, St. Louis, NYC, Houston.......blah blah blah) they seem to work better and you have a much more diverse group of women on them. In big cities it seems like there are plenty of "normal" girls that are looking to meet guys and are tired of the bar and club scene....so I can see the dating sites actually working pretty well.

This (Chicago south suburbs here)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:17:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Deech:

1 in a million good luck

God save us all

Not necessarily true..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:28:14 AM EDT
Met my fiance almost 4 years ago on match.com. My widowed father met his current girlfriend on match.com over 2 years ago. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:32:12 AM EDT
Met my wife on Yahoo. Had a LOT of fun before meeting her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:35:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Holden_McRoyne:

I would definitely order some "big-dot" MILF-dots from XS-sights.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:42:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Deej86:

I had a date with a great girl last Friday, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work out, because she'd rather talk on instant messenger than on the phone.

I tried Plentyoffish. It's OK...talked with a few people, was going to set up a date with one till I found out she had HPV.

And as to the comment about "getting out and meeting people"...sometimes going out to bars isn't the best way to meet people. Besides, as a college student, I know a LOT of party girls, and that's the exact scene I am trying to avoid.

Oh and by the way, my sister met her husband(who is also a member here) on Yahoo Personals. They've been married 7 years this year.

Tell her to try out positivesingles.com. That is where she should be.

I have met a couple people from Match.com, Yahoo Personals and eHarmony. I am marrying a guy I met off Match.com. I say give all the sites a chance. Different people sign up for different sites, so you have different choices. I never really got any hits off Plentyoffish.com though.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:44:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Compass:

Originally Posted By Deej86:

I have met a couple people from Match.com, Yahoo Personals and eHarmony. I am marrying a guy I met off Match.com. I say give all the sites a chance. Different people sign up for different sites, so you have different choices. I never really got any hits off Plentyoffish.com though.

The other reason I joined match.com is because one of the daughters of the woman my mom cares for(my mom is a home health caregiver) got married to a guy she met on match.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:47:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Maxwell71:
Plentyoffish.com

Lots of easy chicks on that site.

More Canadian pie than you will know what to do with.

should be called plentyofcows.com your right about the Canadians though, just nothing here in mi.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:49:05 AM EDT
Grammatical horrors aside, I met my wife on Match.com

<–––– Not bad, if you ask me!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:50:07 AM EDT
Met my wife on Match.

Gun loving, Italian, well educated (lawyer), etc.

WIN.

DO IT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:57:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kaizer27:

I can confirm this with personal experience haha! I used it back in 2002 for a bit and you pretty much nailed it with this post.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:59:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Compass:

There's quite a difference between Herpes and HPV. Herpes is a big deal and warrants up front disclosure. HPV is little more than a "lasting cold for your dick" If you are sexually active, chances are you have or have had HPV already, and are going to get further strains as time goes on.

From the CDC:

"HPV infection. Approximately 20 million Americans are currently infected with HPV, and another 6.2 million people become newly infected each year. At least 50% of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. "

"The HPV test on the market is only used as part of cervical cancer screening. There is no general test for men or women to check one’s overall “HPV status.” HPV usually goes away on its own, without causing health problems. So an HPV infection that is found today will most likely not be there a year or two from now. For this reason, there is no need to be tested just to find out if you have HPV now. However, you should get tested for signs of disease that HPV can cause, such as cervical cancer."

You can leave the HPV - honest hotties on the market for me if are uncomfortable with it. But generally folk that make a big deal out of it do so because they just haven't learned a bit yet. It doesn't help that doctors that do pap smears on the ladies often send a canned letter that doesn't include simple information, so it becomes a "OMG I MY JUNK IS GOING TO ROT OUT" crisis when it really isn't. Men are basically never tested for it because there's no point. Someone that said they had it either just got it and hasn't looked into it, or is being exceptionally up-front and honest. (Desirable traits in a woman IMHO.)

There may be vaccines for both men and women for the strains that are risk-inducing for women though, so the numbers may start to fall off in a generation or two. (I haven't looked at where they are at recently.) In any case, it's not a big deal, and certainly less important than if she likes your dog or guns or not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top