Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:51:10 PM EDT

link

LONDON (AFP) - In a tale reminiscent of the last Wallace and Gromit movie, furious villagers in northeast England have hired armed guards to protect their beloved communal vegetable gardens from a suspected monster rabbit.

Leeks, Japanese onions, parsnips and spring carrots have all been ripped up and devoured by the mystery were-rabbit -- prompting the 12 allotment holders in Felton, north of Newcastle, to hire two marksmen with air rifles and orders to shoot to kill.

"It is a massive thing. It is a monster. The first time I saw it, I said: 'What the hell is that?'" the Northumberland Gazette newspaper quoted local resident Jeff Smith, 63, as saying on its website (www.northumberlandtoday.co.uk).

He claims to have seen the black and brown rabbit -- with one ear bigger than the other -- about two months ago, and at least three fellow allotment holders say they have seen it as well.

"I have seen it and it is bigger than a normal rabbit. It's eating all our crops and we grow the best stuff here," said retired miner George Brown, 76, quoted by the domestic Press Association news agency.

Smith could not be reached for comment Friday, but his mother told AFP that the hare-raising story is true -- and no less an authority than the British Rabbit Council said it was credible.

"Certain breeds do grow very big, like the Continental Giant" which can be 66 centimetres (26 inches) in length or more, a spokesman for the Nottinghamshire-based council, which represent rabbit breeders, told AFP.

In the last hit movie featuring Wallace and his dog Gromit, the two cartoon characters battled a monster rabbit that was cutting a swathe of destruction through locals' prize vegetable plots.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
thats hilarious and very ironic with that movie.

i'd love to see a "rabbits foot" from that guy.  dayuum
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
.300 Winchester Magnum.

Hey, bigger varmint, bigger varmint bullet.  Same level of explosive discombobulation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Gotdamn that's a huge wabbit!

Nuke that shit from orbit, boi.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
they are truly dangerous rodents and have been known to launch amphibous attacks on heads of state.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, judging by the size of that particular monster bunny wabbit, I'd suggest something along the lines of a 12 gauge 3" magnum load of hevi-shot #4's fired out of a full choke or extra-full choke barrel. Aim for the head so the meat can be preserved for some fine wining and dining. Use the fur to make some nice winter gloves or something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, you would need the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch!  

ONE.

TWO.

FIVE!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, judging by the size of that particular monster bunny wabbit, I'd suggest something along the lines of a 12 gauge 3" magnum load of hevi-shot #4's fired out of a full choke or extra-full choke barrel. Aim for the head so the meat can be preserved for some fine wining and dining. Use the fur to make some nice winter gloves or something.

Gloves? hell you might be able to make a whole jacket out of him, hassenpfeffer for the whole battalion
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
THE HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
THE HOLY HAND GRENADE OF ANTIOCH!

Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Chuck Norris could take that rabbit using only his pinky finger.  There would be very little left of that rabbit after Chuck was done with it
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I just hope they don't strat breeding like "normal" rabbits do.

Imanage thousands of these jumbo-sized rabbits
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Lock this thread! Ban Everybody!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone ever see an old movie, I think it was called "Night of the Lupus".  It featured lots of bad rabbit footage that was tweaked to make them look big and threatening.  Didn't work.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anyone ever see an old movie, I think it was called "Night of the Lupus".  It featured lots of bad rabbit footage that was tweaked to make them look big and threatening.  Didn't work.

I believe you are referring to "Night of the Lepus"...
Damn, you beat me to it!

Hehe, I love that movie...

Edited for pics, oh and as usual:

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Lock this thread! Ban Everybody!

+1000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top