Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 6:55:02 AM EDT
I've got a question for anybody out there who can help...

I am trying to attach a remote control to my dashboard in my car - the RC is plastic and so is the dashboard.  I've tried 'Super Glue for Cars' and double sided stick pads and neither work - the glue didn't even stick at all.

Does anyone know how I can attach this to my dash?  The RC is about 1 inch square and is weighs about an ounce - if that.  The dash is not smooth - it's got a pattern on it, but nothing after market.

Short of drilling the dash, what can I do?

thanks in advance

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Hot melt glue.

Bonds plastic to plastic pretty good and sets in about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you try the 3M tape (actually like a thick sticky piece of rubber) that is used to hold side view mirrors into the casing?  Great stuff - all auto shops have it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Clean the area on dashboard thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. Apply a thin coat of contact cement. Wait for contact cement to be just barely still tacky. Apply thin coat of contact cement to RC servo (I presume). Bond the two together. Hold in place with duct tape or some other means until the contact cement is fully cured.

Go ahead and leave the duct tap on there, since it will add the perfect finishing touch to your hokey set-up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you trying to do dude?

The ire ghetto version of james bond's watch based remote control car?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top