Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/20/2011 7:26:57 AM EDT
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/16/aleta-stacey-of-putnam-lake-apparently-killed-by-bite-from-pet-snake/?hpt=us_bn4

Putnam Lake Woman Killed By Pet Snake Bite; Friends Perplexed. Aleta Stacy Attacked By Lethal 'Black Mamba'; Questions Left Unanswered

A deadly Black Mamba snake, like this one, killed its owner in Putnam Lake, N.Y., earlier this week, police said. (Photo: CBS 2)

Dumb ass.

EDIT: OK.. so after re-reading. it may have been murder and not a accident.. Suspicious circumstances.. So maybe Darwin was not at fault here...
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Good bite

The bumper sticker on her car read, " The Only Good Snake Is Live Snake" www.homegrownherps.com

Bawhahahahahahaha

Herp.........
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
IN before Kill Bill pics.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Who the hell would own a Black Mamba
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

maniacs, freaks, weirdos, drug addicts, lunatics, imbeciles, retardeds, mental insanes.
Quite a long list really.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]
A Black Mamba will fuck you up REAL QUICK...

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
12MPH - speedy slitherers.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#7]
75 snakes in their apartment,  56 of them venemous. I bet that smelled nice.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

maniacs, freaks, weirdos, drug addicts, lunatics, imbeciles, retardeds, mental insanes.

Dude. WTF? You just described me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a friend in college, kept cobras in his apartment.  

I stopped visiting when he told me that he let them out to "exercise".
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Go let's get this straight...you cannot import an antique because it has ivory from an elephant killed a hundred years ago, but you can import a living example of one of the deadliest snakes known to mankind.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#11]
At least it was quick.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/16/aleta-stacey-of-putnam-lake-apparently-killed-by-bite-from-pet-snake/?hpt=us_bn4

Putnam Lake Woman Killed By Pet Snake Bite; Friends Perplexed. Aleta Stacy Attacked By Lethal 'Black Mamba'; Questions Left Unanswered

A deadly Black Mamba snake, like this one, killed its owner in Putnam Lake, N.Y., earlier this week, police said. (Photo: CBS 2)

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/black-mamba.jpg?w=400

Dumb ass.
EDIT: OK.. so after re-reading. it may have been murder and not a accident.. Suspicious circumstances.. So maybe Darwin was not at fault here...

No, Darwin still had a hand in this.  She voluntarily lived in a house with nearly 5 dozen deadly snakes.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#13]
what the hell is so perplexing?...........you keep deadly snakes...............Darwin already has you name on his list!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go let's get this straight...you cannot import an antique because it has ivory from an elephant killed a hundred years ago, but you can import a living example of one of the deadliest snakes known to mankind.

Just a note, I think there are domestic breeders.  I know there were for cobras.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

HAHA that will not end well.

I do know a chick who is a herpyderpy and has an impressive collection... IF YOU think horse chicks are bat shit insane, they got nothing on snake chicks.
She also had one of the most giant puff adders I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#16]
www.homegrownherps.com

Oh she herped alright. Followed by derp then death.

I'm of the opinion that snakes are not pets. They may be cool and fun, but they don't 'like' you. Leave them in the wild for pest control.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
what the hell is so perplexing?...........you keep deadly snakes...............Darwin already has you name on his list!!

Never stick your tongue out at Darwin.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I need to find people like this... always wanted to hold a cobra
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/black-mamba.jpg?w=400

Dumb ass.

No, Darwin still had a hand in this.  She voluntarily lived in a house with nearly 5 dozen deadly snakes.

very true.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

serious herpers who are NOT afraid of spiders and other girly things...  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a note, I think there are domestic breeders.  I know there were for cobras.

Considering the damage non-native species are doing to our ecosystem and the expense, both public and private, they cause. WTF do we want "domestic breeders" of some very nasty animals in the US. Look at all of the pythons now loose and breeding in teh everglades. Do we need black mambas hanging around in Florida to Texas?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Mambas are in a league of their own.

As much as I like snakes, including venomous, there is no way I would keep one.

There are a select group of people who keep them and do it safely.

This lady was apparently not one of them.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the damage non-native species are doing to our ecosystem and the expense, both public and private, they cause. WTF do we want "domestic breeders" of some very nasty animals in the US. Look at all of the pythons now loose and breeding in teh everglades. Do we need black mambas hanging around in Florida to Texas?

Would tend to improve the gene pool.

Heck, come to Texas.  We have every escaped critter from snow monkeys to ostriches running around.  Axis deer are especially tasty.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#24]

This reminds me of the couple that had a snake that got loose in the middle of the night.

They found it in the baby's crib the next morning.  Baby was dead.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I had several hundred reptiles in the house at one point. If properly maintained you don't really have much of a smell. Certainly less of a smell than say a house with couple of dogs.

Also, how does 56 of them being venomous effect the smell.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to find people like this... always wanted to hold a cobra

Well that's doable. Run down and get you fawty.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Can't you read? 56 were POISONOUS.

So what probably happened is that she ate the 57th poisonous snake for breakfast, which slowly killed her. The bite mark(s) was from the poor snake's struggle for survival while being eaten alive.

This happens often in nature.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a note, I think there are domestic breeders. I know there were for cobras.
Plenty of them. Including at least one on ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't you read? 56 were POISONOUS.

So what probably happened is that she ate the 57th poisonous snake for breakfast, which slowly killed her. The bite mark(s) was from the poor snake's struggle for survival while being eaten alive.

This happens often in nature.

She needed a mother fucking not giving a shit Honey Badger.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I just don't see the appeal of keeping 'hot' snakes in your house. Seems like not an 'if' but 'when' you get tagged.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I just don't see the appeal of keeping 'hot' snakes in your house. Seems like not an 'if' but 'when' you get tagged.

When I was a kid my dad and I were on a road trip to TX from KS. Anyways, once you cross the border into TX there is a truck stop and I guess they had rattlesnakes there and for sale. I wandered off from my dad and found the rattlesnakes for sale and I remember the guy working there telling me I would have to ask my dad if I could have the snake and that he would probably tell me NO! So, Dad finds me at the snakes area and I ask dad if we can have a rattlesnake. Of course he said NO! lol

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Out of all the snakes in the world, the mamba gives me the willies the most.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I kill every single snake I see,shoot ,shovel ect.Even rolled the riding lawn mower last month tearing after one and not watching the ditch
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I kill every single snake I see,shoot ,shovel ect.Even rolled the riding lawn mower last month tearing after one and not watching the ditch

I am the same way with poisonous snakes. I wont kill non poisonous snakes on or around my property unless they become a nuisance.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had several hundred reptiles in the house at one point. If properly maintained you don't really have much of a smell. Certainly less of a smell than say a house with couple of dogs.

Also, how does 56 of them being venomous effect the smell.

That was for effect.

I have had friends with snakes, big ones like pythons, etc, always a certain smell in the air. Maybe  they didn't clean them often enough.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, not sure if it was murder, but still. When you have something like that, you know there are risks. I wouldn't even call it a pet, I mean, a pet is something you can play with, enjoy, have as company. Black mamba? Not what I would call a pet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#38]

"The venom of a black mamba can kill a human in four hours, if, say,
bitten on the ankle or the thumb. However, a bite to the face or torso
can bring death from paralysis within 20 minutes. Now, you should listen
to this, 'cause this concerns you. The amount of venom that can be
delivered from a single bite can be gargantuan. You know, I've always
liked that word... "gargantuan"... so rarely have an opportunity to use
it in a sentence. If not treated quickly with antivenom, 10 to 15
milligrams can be fatal to human beings. However, the black mamba can
deliver as much as 100 to 400 milligrams of venom from a single bite."
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Really man? You'd roll your mower chasing after a completely harmless garter snake or some shit?

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I absolutely love snakes, and would only kill if I intended to eat them or for protection (and no, hiking around and seeing a snake does not constitute protection).....But there is no way in hell I would keep a snake as a pet, not to mention a deadly one! What did she expect? You play with fire youre gonna get burned.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
That picture is just too hilarious to take seriously.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Someone too stupid to continue drawing breath.  No antivenin on hand I guess.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Natural selection is a beautiful thing when the people who are supposed to be chlorinated from the gene pool get theirs.  I say import more.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I usually kill several water moccasins every year when they venture too close to the house and outbuildings.
Rest of the snakes I usually leave alone unless I find them around the chickens.
Water moccasin/cottonmouth snakes are plenty aggresive enough for my taste.
I don't have any desire to find out how much more aggressive a black mamba is in comparison and can only guess it is much, much worse.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#45]
gat
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, when you choose a pet that happens to be one of the deadliest snakes in the world...
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]
No one familiar with the snake would handle it casually and police are
looking at the possibility that what happened here wasn’t an accident
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Reptiles and fish are not pets.  They are at best decorations.  They have no affection for you, no sense of pleasure or displeasure at your presence.  The only reason they have not eaten you yet is that they are too small or too captive to do so.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Three types of snakes one stays the fuck away from..... Black Mambas, Green Mambas, and Taipans.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#50]
A. Black Mamba was discovered in cage.

B. The padlock to the cage had been opened yet the snake was found where it should be.

C. The woman was dead.  Most sincerely dead.  

D.  Snake bites were visible on her arms.

E. She did not call anyone once she got bitten.

F.  Body discovered by boyfriend.

G. Her friends described her as an "unhappy woman."

I add that up and I get suicide by mamba, AKA pulling a Cleopatra.

ETA: If I was on network news reporting this story I would definitely ham it up when I said: "Lethal....Black....Mamba."  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top