Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:33:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 3:34:17 AM EST by BigJ491]
HAHAHA....I hate this man. He'll protest the liberation of the oppressed and torured Iraqis, but he supports the liberation of the tortured people of Sudan? What a dumb hollywood type. It's only wrong if Bush came up with the idea before they protested for it.

Link to Article

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:35:28 AM EST
Couldn't happen to a more deserving a**hole.

Of course this just proves the "man" is keeping him down..
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:52:06 AM EST
anything to try to salvage a washed up career...

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:56:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By Merrell:
anything to try to salvage a washed up career...

I wonder if he told the Uniformed Division Officer "I'm too old for this shit"
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:57:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 3:58:41 AM EST by fight4yourrights]

Actor Danny Glover (news) was arrested on Wednesday on the steps of Sudan's embassy in Washington during a protest against the humanitarian crisis in the country's Darfur region.

The U.S. Congress has declared the attacks genocide. The United Nations (news - web sites) calls Darfur the worst humanitarian crisis in the world, with 50,000 dead and 1.2 million homeless.

I can respect the man for that.

We all bitch that African-Americans (BLACKS) should complain about slavery in modern day African, and the other crisises there, and Danny Glover is DOING something about it, and you guys bust his balls.

Don't be hypocrits.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:57:48 AM EST
not to hi-jack, but That piece of human refuse has come here to Huntsville to protest the peaceful euthanization of some of the most cold blooded murderers you could ever imagine.

Always claiming racism .... geez. He's like a black Michael Moore to me and gets about the same reading on the Respect Meter.

Capital Punishment ! The ULTIMATE deterrent to recidivism !

rip

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:59:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:15:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 4:15:49 AM EST by BigJ491]

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Actor Danny Glover (news) was arrested on Wednesday on the steps of Sudan's embassy in Washington during a protest against the humanitarian crisis in the country's Darfur region.

The U.S. Congress has declared the attacks genocide. The United Nations (news - web sites) calls Darfur the worst humanitarian crisis in the world, with 50,000 dead and 1.2 million homeless.

I can respect the man for that.

We all bitch that African-Americans (BLACKS) should complain about slavery in modern day African, and the other crisises there, and Danny Glover is DOING something about it, and you guys bust his balls.

Don't be hypocrits.

Respect? Well, maybe if he wasn't so Anti-Iraq war. The problem I have with this is that he obviously supports military action to stop genecide and government oppresion of people, but he was so attimate about the US being wrong for liberating Iraq. All intelligence screw ups asside, the US brought the Iraqis out of brutal oppresion, which is excactly what he wants us to do for the people of Sudan. Howerver, he'll support the one, while protesting the other. It's blatent hypocracy. It stems from an anything but Bush mindset and is devoid of logic.

I'm all for bringing attention to the wrongs that happen in the world, but when you speak out against helping people who suffer oppresion and then support helping people who suffer similar oppresion, I have a problem with that. It's a lack of moral consistancy and shows a lack of character.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:18:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:19:47 AM EST
"But.. but.. but... you're black!"

Couldn't happen to a nicer jackass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:24:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By rippler:
not to hi-jack, but That piece of human refuse has come here to Huntsville to protest the peaceful euthanization of some of the most cold blooded murderers you could ever imagine.

Always claiming racism .... geez. He's like a black Michael Moore to me and gets about the same reading on the Respect Meter.

rip

+1 here.

And the same goes for his buddy, that piece of human fucking garbage, the rapist, kenny rogers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:25:25 AM EST
An actual conversation between an OnStar subscriber, and uniformed Secret Service Police:

Ofc: Sir, please remain calm and don't resist. We don't have to make this something it isn't.

Glubber: Yes, I understand that. Thank you. Do you know who I am.

Ofc: Yes, Mr Glubber, I know who you are. Loved you in 48 Hours and Beverly Hills Cop.

Glubber: Uh, no... I wasn't in those films. I was in...

Ofc: Mr. Glubber, please watch your head as you enter the vehicle.

Glubber: Wait! No!! I was in Lethal Weapon! I was in Predator 2!! I KNOW MEL GIBSON!!

Supervisor: What you got there, Patrolman?

Ofc: Well, Sir, another one of those washed up hollywood types. Claims he knows Gibson [chuckle]

Supervisor: Allright, book him, Danno.

No hollywood ego's, real or imaginary were injured in the typing of this charade.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:31:41 AM EST
Put him on death row for a couple days, then will see if he's still anti death penalty.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:38:38 AM EST
What exactly would Danny like the US to do about it?

Would he want us to invade Sudan with our Military Might and liberate these oppressed people?

What would be the difference in that and what we, the US, did for the oppressed people of Iraq?

Bigdozer66
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:29:10 AM EST
You gota wonder what prompted them to send ultra-white skin-head cops to arrest the brothers, though. A little sensitivity, please!

Ohio
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:32:46 AM EST
Where was he when the Sudansese govt was attacking the Christians in the South of Sudan
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:33:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 11:33:41 AM EST by ar50troll]

Originally Posted By rippler:

rip

I was wondering if anyone was going to chime in about this turd burglar being in Huntsville defending a murderer who raped and killed an 80 year old lady. Glover needs to have a massive heart attack and be like that French dude. A skeleton in front of the TV
heheheh
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:34:39 AM EST
Danny Glover
I don't know who he is. The name rings a bell.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:01:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ohio:
You gota wonder what prompted them to send ultra-white skin-head cops to arrest the brothers, though. A little sensitivity, please!

Ohio

Fuck that. They are just men doing their jobs. If you see it any other way, you are pandering to bigotry.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:04:25 PM EST
Look...he dug up Gregory Hines from the dead to help...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:15:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:18:17 PM EST

Ohio

Please tell me you're joking. That's not how decisions are made, especially with the secret service, and especially in washington.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:34:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Ohio

Fuck that. They are just men doing their jobs. If you see it any other way, you are pandering to bigotry.

Or mocking it, eh?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:36:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By BigJ491:

Ohio

Please tell me you're joking. That's not how decisions are made, especially with the secret service, and especially in washington.

Satire, yes. Thanks for not assuming the worst.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:46:44 PM EST
Correct me if I'm wrong, Is it the Muslims that are wrecking havoc in Sudan ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:52:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:56:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
Is it the Muslims that are wrecking havoc in Sudan ?

arab v. african. both are muslim.

it's an ethnic thing.

O.K. None of my business.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:59:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bobby_the_Hun:

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
Is it the Muslims that are wrecking havoc in Sudan ?

arab v. african. both are muslim.

it's an ethnic thing.

O.K. None of my business.

If I remember right there are Christians & animists in southern Sudan getting fvcked with by the Arab Muslim .gov also.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:07:18 PM EST
Arrested for "unlawful assembly" wh?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:08:25 PM EST

Ohio

So because they're white and one of them has a shaved head, they're racists?
please.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:10:54 PM EST
actually, their are quite a number of Christians in southern Sudan. The massacre is partly because of religious intoleration of the muslims in Sudan. But you won't hear that on CNN.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:21:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Ohio

So because they're white and one of them has a shaved head, they're racists?
please.

You should read all the posts before posting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:35:45 PM EST
Holy War,Ethnic cleansing, Famine, AIDS, and they still have a population in the millions
Top Top