Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
2/21/2020 11:35:28 PM
Posted: 10/29/2004 6:56:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 6:57:34 PM EST by Boom_Stick]
These video's are designed to scare people into voting for sKerry! Even IF they set off a bomb it wont be any bigger than what happened in spain. Thats all their capable of!

Still, I think if they do it'll get a different reaction out of the U.S.
Certainly not one they'd be expecting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:59:03 PM EST
My fiancee is a Kerry supporter. After she saw the video with OBL, she said "that's it - Bush just won the election"

I think the ONLY effect of that video (or any attack before the election) will be to help Bush, not Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:14:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
My fiancee is a Kerry supporter. After she saw the video with OBL, she said "that's it - Bush just won the election"

I think the ONLY effect of that video (or any attack before the election) will be to help Bush, not Kerry.

I completely agree. The video's are having the opposite effect they intended.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:15:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:19:18 PM EST
He also made it clear that it didn't matter who won the election, their aims were still the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:21:17 PM EST
I don't think this will steer anyone to Kerry.

The main thing this does is change the subject for the next 4 days. Kerry just lost his message and talking points. That is what will help Bush. This will give a small bump for Bush and any little bit helps. Now if this is a "go" signal and shit goes down I honestly have no idea who it helps. My gut would say Bush but ya never know. I do find it very odd that we have not seen this guy for almost three years and BOOM here he is 4 days before an election.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 7:35:36 PM EST by Boom_Stick]

"I am surprised by you. Despite entering the fourth year after Sept. 11, Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened."

But to avoid the suggestion he supports Kerry, he says:

"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands and each state which does not harm our security will remain safe."

Despite what Kerry says about being tough on terrorism, he does represents change and a more "international" (i.e. New World Order) approach to problem solving.
To me, Bin Laden's implication is clear: get rid of Bush and you will be spared.
I predict that Americans, Stockholm syndrome hostages in an unspoken charade called the "War on Terror," will get the message. They will elect John Forbes Kerry Tuesday.

This guy thinks a majority of Americans are going to vote out of fear. I dont believe that. If anything Americans will charge when provoked.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:36:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

I tried to convince her to vote for Bush then, since she already thinks he's going to win now - that way she could at least be on the winning side

She didn't go for it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:39:58 PM EST

So, is she voting bush now?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:42:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 7:43:00 PM EST by MissouriBob]

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

I tried to convince her to vote for Bush then, since she already thinks he's going to win now - that way she could at least be on the winning side

She didn't go for it.

Then tell her that her statement has no merit unless she backs it up.

Edited to move this line to bottom.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:46:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By MissouriBob:

She's a pretty hard-core Kerry gal, so she's not changing her vote - but she thought that the OBL video would sway a LOT of people, both undecideds, and tenuous Kerry supporters to vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:06:23 PM EST

She's a pretty hard-core Kerry gal, so she's not changing her vote

DK-Prof, absolutely no disrespect intended, but how can you stand to have a serious relationship with someone who does not share your fundamental worldview? Personally, I think one of the cornerstones of a lasting relationship is shared core beliefs (philosophical, moral, religious, etc.), and I can't imagine engaging in a long term, intimate relationship with someone who's political views are diametrically opposed to mine.

Seriously, I'm interested in your response.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:10:50 PM EST

not soo true here in little africa Atlanta
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:11:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By MissouriBob:

She's a pretty hard-core Kerry gal, so she's not changing her vote - but she thought that the OBL video would sway a LOT of people, both undecideds, and tenuous Kerry supporters to vote for Bush.

And you said in another thread that she's smarter than you!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:15:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By NYPatriot:

DK-Prof, absolutely no disrespect intended, but how can you stand to have a serious relationship with someone who does not share your fundamental worldview? Personally, I think one of the cornerstones of a lasting relationship is shared core beliefs (philosophical, moral, religious, etc.), and I can't imagine engaging in a long term, intimate relationship with someone who's political views are diametrically opposed to mine.

+1. Need alot more than love to make a marriage work.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:15:57 PM EST

+1

I could never do that! Ever. That is a recipe for disaster. I wish you all the luck, but just think about how she will soon limit your gun purchases.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:16:26 PM EST

When I met my wife in law school she was a determined liberal democrat who rarely attended Catholic church. Now, after 14 years of marriage, she is a die-hard Republican conservative who regularly attends protestant church and, by her example and encouragement, causes me to be a better man than I thought I was capable of being. Let it alone. He may know what he is doing or the Lord may. Sorry for the soap box.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:51:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By spm681:

I do find it very odd that we have not seen this guy for almost three years and BOOM here he is 4 days before an election.

He appeared for one simple reason: He didn't like the fact that every single legitimate poll for the past 6 months has shown Bush leading Kerry.

Think about it.

If you're happy with the direction something appears to be taking, you leave it alone.

If you're not happy with the direction it appears to be taking, you take action, in hopes of effecting change.

OBL took action = OBL wants change.

As much as folks scratch their heads and try to analyze this thing to death, it really is as simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:52:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 8:53:11 PM EST by Boom_Stick]
DK, I gotta here the answer to this one too. My wife and I are on the same page on just about everything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:47:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By id_surf:

He may know what he is doing or the Lord may. Sorry for the soap box.

Or the Lord may have sent a few people to tell him to re-think his position.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:35:29 AM EST
These guys need to at least TRY to learn how the American mind works. The American people generally slip into anger and hatred LONG before they get into fear. Maybe his people have a tendancy to cower in huts when TSHTF but around here we know we have it good and we most certainly WILL kill people who try to change that. Every threat these guys make is one vote for Bush. Even the biggest liberals int he world know that when it's time to kick ass you WANT a guy like Bush in office.
Top Top