Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2001 7:57:46 PM EDT
[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2001/12/16/jaguars_browns_ap/[/url]

"...Cleveland fans threw thousands of bottles on the field Sunday, striking the Jaguars and Browns and forcing them to run for cover after officials overturned a last-minute call that helped Jacksonville win 15-10.

The game was stopped for about a half-hour with 48 seconds to play because of the violence, and it resumed only after commissioner Paul Tagliabue insisted.

Most of the bottles were plastic, [b]but many were filled with beer, making them dangerous weapons.[/b] A few fans tried to run on the field but were quickly caught by security personnel. "

Dangerous weapons, indeed.  I wonder if they had flash hiders on them?  Hey, I know!  I'll fill my AR with beer, and make it even more deadly!   [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
And y'all thought only Southern folk could get all fired up....

Indignation - expressd in Buckeye fashion.

[smash]

[stick]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The charachterizations of the "weapons" aside, the fans that did this are SCUMBAGS and need to get a life outside of their Sunday "fix" at the ball park.

Heck, the article states they even pelted there OWN Cleveland players.

Considering SOME people are risking their lvies defending freedom in Afghanistan so these putzes can get sloshed at the ball game, these people need to hop on the clue train. In just four short months, we have seen the best and the WORST humanity has to offer.

And I'm a HUGE football fan.

And if you DON'T think a plastic bottle filled with beer, hurled at you from 50 feet above you constitutes a weapon......
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
You might get a bruise.  I'm sure it would hurt for a while if it hit you in the head, too.  And I totally agree with you about these asshole "fans."

However, I still stand by my original point that the wording of this article is being WAY overdramatic.  They simply could have said "fans were throwing bottles still full of beer" or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering the lines one finds at some stadium restrooms, they're lucky if those bottles were just filled with beer..

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top