Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT
Sadly, the local music store that has been in business for the last 68 years is closing. But their loss is my gain. All guitars 50% off. The guitar that followed me home filled a small niche that remained in my meager collection (justifing it just like I do with firearms). It helps that my wife is getting back into playing guitar after a nearly 10 year hiatus. There was no trouble getting it past the finance dept.

Without further ado... Here's the wife playing the new axe:

Godin Exit 22: Mahogany body, 24 3/4" scale, fixed bridge (all my others have a Floyd Rose knock-off bridges)

Kent
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:17:57 PM EDT
nice
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:20:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:38:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
I've never seen a Godin I didn't like. Very good quality instruments, and they always have some
nice innovative touches somewhere.

CJ

+1

Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:58:00 AM EDT
Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days. Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:01:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bdorrman:
Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days. Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out and play Stairway to Heaven.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Nice axe, always preferred a hard tail myself, mostly acoustic these days. Sorry to hear about your local shop, always a great place to hang out and play Stairway to Heaven.

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:16:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Rock on Wayne!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:03:28 PM EDT
At least you went there to buy something. Last time I went to the music store to buy some strings for my Strat, I walked out with a Martin. I had some splaining to do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:06:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
I've never seen a Godin I didn't like. Very good quality instruments, and they always have some
nice innovative touches somewhere.

CJ

Agreed ... ESPECIALLY for the price they sell them at.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:07:13 PM EDT
The guitar center closest to me is a pain to get to, and gas prices don't let me justify going there as much as I used to. So I'm still sticking to my Ibanez GAX-70, a $200 wonder from 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:25:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By benbob:
At least you went there to buy something. Last time I went to the music store to buy some strings for my Strat, I walked out with a Martin. I had some splaining to do.

I accidentally bought a new guitar on ebay last night.

I was messing aorund with one of those sniping websites and wanted to snipe a cheap $10 item.

Little did I know that it had imported everything I had on my watch list and set up a "snipe" at the current minimum bid for the item.

Lucky for me only the guitar came due before I had time to go in and delete the other bids from that damn website.

I contacted the guy selling it and explained the thing to him and he said "a bid is a bid" ... wouldn't let me back out of it. So I bought the fuggin thing and will probably play it for a while then stick it back up on ebay and sell it. I got a decent price for it so I probably won't lose anything.

Top Top