Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 11:35:12 PM EDT
Those who are team members will know the backstory on this.  I'll just say that I've been having some stomach problems.

Finally went to the doc a few weeks ago.  He gave me some Prevacid sample packs and had some tests run.  Tests came back fine for the most part.  Had an office visit on Tuesday, he put me on Prevacid for the next 6 months.  Got a little mad when they wouldn't fax the scrip to my insurance company (we get our meds direct from my ins. company through the mail).  But I shook it off.  I can just mail it in.

I forgot about the scrip for a couple of days, then remembered it yesterday evening.  Hit the ins. companies drug website to see how much the stuff was going to run me for a 90 day supply.  Run the drug and find out that the bastards don't cover Prevacid.  It isn't a preferred medicine.

BULLSHIT.

I can get it month by month from a local pharmacy, but it's going to run me about $15 extra a month.  Which is unacceptable to me.

So now I have to wait until Tuesday to contact my doctor and see what's up.  He can call for a coverage review, but I doubt they'll do anything since he hasn't tried me on any other meds.  Which means he'll probably tell me tough shit, pay the extra $$.

Maybe he can convince them to pay for it.  Otherwise he'll be switching me to Nexium as I refuse to pay those high fucking prices.

Cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell them you dont ''prefer'' to pay them this month. This country is going to hell.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does all the BS happen to us on the Friday before a long weekend and have to wait until the next business day to have it resolved thus ruining our weekend?

Murphy's law.

Yeah and dont you love how the ins companies that ARE NOT MD's know what is better for you?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
You can buy a 42-day supply of Prilosec OTC for about $25. In my experience, Prevacid is a little more effective (for me), but Prilosec is good enough. Unless you can get Prevacid for a very good price, I would just go with Prilosec.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Called the dr's office today.  Told them my insurance company wouldn't cover the Prevacid.  5 minutes later they told me they would be mailing me a scrip for Nexium.

Hopefully it works as well as the Prevacid.  $40 every 3 months is better than $35 a month.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top