Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2010 10:13:50 AM EDT
I managed to break my collar bone on October 1st. Crashed a motorcycle. Went into the ER for the collar bone and (another) nasty concussion. While there I agreed to sell the race stuff and get off the race track which in turn allowed the funds to buy the AR so it wasnt a total loss.

The Dr. said to simply lay low and the collar bone would hear on its own. I begged them to just pin it so I could get on with my life. Doc said no. 2 weeks later I displaced it pretty bad and had to go back to the ER again, more exrays and the Dr said "Just leave it alone".

Now 6 months later it still hurts like a SOB and the strength is about 30 percent. Went in to a new Dr. One round of x-rays and his exact words were "Holy crap!"

Yup, going in on the 29th to go under the knife.... I just wish they would have fixed it right the first time so I would not have wasted 6 months. The good news is the Dr said after its bolted in place it will simply be a pain management issue till I go back to work so I shouldnt be out that long.

Had to vent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta shoot your Glock 22 one handed now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top