Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 6:17:46 PM EDT
Here's the link to me bid item and here's what has happened with this guy since I posted neg feedback.
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2174731492[/url]

[url]http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cavdoc96[/url]

[size=5][red][b]Anyone in Orlando? LOL[/b][/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Fly there and kick his ass!  LOL!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fly there and kick his ass!  LOL!
View Quote

I have a sister right outside Orlando ,I owe here a visit, LOL
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
At first, I thought that you had purchased something from somebody with a low feedback rating and was getting ready to post a snooty reply.  But he had an excellent feedback rating!...up until a few days ago, that is...

Most of the times that I have heard of people getting burned on Ebay, it's because they didn't adequately research their buyer.  

Sorry to hear about that - contact Paypal immediately to see if they can get your payment back from him.  It's one of the things that they will do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Johnny,I already did,they are trying to get back my money right now, as soon as he puts in money or someone else does they said they will refund it to me.
I have to check ,he might not be excepting paypal anymore because of this.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
pay witg credit card?if so call them
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
MAybe something happened at the first of the month? Computer blew up/stolen, serious sickness, death, dire emergency?

He had perfect feedback (and a great deal of it), maybe somehting has happened?

Or I could also be completely wrong. [:D]

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
-UHLEK- he has e-mailed me and a few other bidders so many bullshit excuses we know he's scamming us.
Plus he put up more auctions after the other ones he's not making good on.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Some fcko in NC jacked me and my friend up for USD 250.  He had good feedback and then it all became negative.  Go out with a bang I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear about your loss.

It's happened to me once on eBay. I bought a used copy of Photoshop 5.0 that was supposed to have a transferable license for $125.
It didn't. I got burned.

On the other hand, I waited 3 1/2 weeks (3 1/2 weeks from when the seller claimed he mailed it) for a package to arrive from Cleveland. I'm in the Chicago area.
And surprisingly, the seller was telling the truth. The postmark showed it had been mailed when he said it was.
Happy I didn't neg him.

Another time it took 9 weeks for a cd to come from Toronto.
Again, I kept in contact with the seller, who was very helpful. When the cd finally came, sure enough, it was posmarked over 2 months earlier.

Shit Happens.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Two things. Some accounts were hijacked a while back. This may have happened here, report it to e-bay.
Second you can respond to his feed back. scan the number and see if it even exsits.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Come on, that is nothing compared to what happenned to me. I won an auction for a Sony NV or something, for $800, which was a good t=deal at the time, and paid, and I am still waiting for it. I got her back though, I crashed her computer, closed her ebay account, and for every message sent from her IP address, there is a scam warning. Any one know a Torrie Ziegler in Las Vegas? with a friend named Dave?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a similiar situation last November, sent payment for 230.00, never received anything, no emails, nothing for about three months. Then I get an email out of the blue, this guy said he had a been in an car accident, was in the hospital for 8 weeks. I said BS, where is my money? Turns out he sent me the item plus the shipping costs of 36.00 AND a copy of his hospital bill and police accident report  [shock].
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
One word: KHARMA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that's true then you have a lot more to worry about then me ociffer [bow]
(On a side note AZ-K9, I read a few of your posts last night and this morning and came to the conclusion that your are just a trolling smart ass with a severe case of JBT attitude, have nice day "mary")
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Has ANYBODY contacted eBay about this problem?

You need to get him kicked off eBay so he can't keep doing this to people.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has ANYBODY contacted eBay about this problem?

You need to get him kicked off eBay so he can't keep doing this to people.

BISHOP
View Quote

They don't want to hear it until it's 30 days old.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any chance the original sellers ebay account was hijacked by someone who found out the password (or however that's done)? It would explain going bad fast.
View Quote

Nope the money went into his verified paypal account and they have been in contact with him and he gave them a phoney USPS tracking number.
They know he's a liar now and so does all the people who bid on his items, the other bidders and myself have been e-mailing all the people bidding on his stuff.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If that's true then you have a lot more to worry about then me ociffer [bow]
(On a side note AZ-K9, I read a few of your posts last night and this morning and came to the conclusion that your are just a trolling smart ass with a severe case of JBT attitude, have nice day "mary")
View Quote

Right.

I am impressed however, that you didnt resort to your standard tactic of quoting my post and inserting some vague threat. Impressive.

And on the JBT thing, I dont stand by and say nothing when I read idiotic statements by internet lawyers who believe they know what others should do when confronted by LEO's. Specifically, when the advice will most certainly result in that person be subjected to more scrutiny if they even did half of what some of these people suggest.

I try to offer real world advice, and not some ridiculous, knee-jerk reaction. If you call this trolling, then might I suggest that you get off the bottom of the lake and swim with the real fishes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I've only had one(almost) bad experience.

I ordered a camera lense.
After paying and a long wait, he e-mail address didn't work anymore and her name was gone from eBay.

After a few weeks I was contacted by others that also didn't get their packages and was e-mailed her new address by them.

I contacted her(the seller) and asked "what up".
She worked with another woman and it was the other women that was taking the money but not shipping anything and she(ther seller) didn't know until the other woman left with all of the money.
The seller apologised and asked if she could have another week to sort things out.
I got the package a week later and it was better than described.

I didn't leave a feedback because her old name was now gone.

I was going to contact the eBay fraud line but I wouldn't have gotten a refund because the price I paid was less than the start coverage.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top