Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 6:43:53 PM EDT
I posted that we had pups a few days ago.  Well one of the pups was a little whiny.  I heard the wife open the kennel...and the whining stopped.  I went into the bedroom to see this...

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not like he takes up alot of space.............yet.

After we got our pup. The wife and I said the bed is for us and the floor is for the dog.....................................yeah right. The 90lb beast is on our bed at least three night a week, unless the wife and I are gettin' some.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
How could you dislike an adowable wittle fwuffy puppy?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Oh I don't dislike her...just...damn...that was quick!  And this isn't even the ONE pup from the litter that we are keeping.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
what kinda puppy is that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest that you end that right away, unless you like your sheets, pillows, and mattess smelling like dog.

Animals should sleep on the floor.

Good looking pups, BTW.

Later
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh I don't dislike her...just...damn...that was quick!  And this isn't even the ONE pup from the litter that we are keeping.

wanna bet?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
my wife said on the day we brought home the puppy "no dogs on the bed"
Her rule lasted about 5 hours
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My Jack Russell's in bed right now,it's his bed(along with the couch,anything that comes in a fast food bag, the Siverado,ect......) I just happen to sleep there every once in a while!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh I don't dislike her...just...damn...that was quick! And this isn't even the ONE pup from the litter that we are keeping.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wanna bet?

+1        What type of pups are they?              

First thing I taught my Lab when we got him was not to sleep on my bed. He soon discovered my parents room and has crashed with them ever since.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I suggest that you end that right away, unless you like your sheets, pillows, and mattess smelling like dog.

Animals should sleep on the floor.

Good looking pups, BTW.

Later

Aww, come on. It's just a little extra cushion. Don't know about other peoples dog, but mine smells real purty

Says you!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
dogs are pack animals, your the alpha just bite the dog a few times and let it no who is boss.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
dogs are pack animals, your the alpha just bite the dog a few times and let it no who is boss.

That's actually not far from the truth.

The Alpha sleeps higher than the pack. When a dog sleeps with you, it learns that it is on equal footing, which is NOT GOOD for behavior. It may grow up to think it's in its own best interest to challenge or ignore your commands.

Get the dog a nice bed, put it next to yours if you want, but don't let a dog sleep with you.

Some dogs don't see it as a "oh boy, I'm an alpha too" sign and become problem cases, but why chance it since it's a puppy? Might as well start it out right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Put a worn t-shirt in the kennel. The familiar scent keeps pups comfy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I don't dislike her...just...damn...that was quick! And this isn't even the ONE pup from the litter that we are keeping.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wanna bet?

+1        What type of pups are they?              

First thing I taught my Lab when we got him was not to sleep on my bed. He soon discovered my parents room and has crashed with them ever since.

Beagles from some FINE stock.

Some of these responses have me rolling!  Thanks!

The Dam doesn't sleep on the bed when I'm home....but will sleep in my spot when I'm away.

Here's a pic of the grandfather to the pups...

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I just saw the pics and guess what??? That dog just staked out it's new territory!! It may not have been the one you were intending to keep but it is now!!!!

Beautiful pup btw.......
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like you need to practice your whining skills and then maybe your wife will put you to bed comfy like the pup.   Btw you are most likely going to keep this pup too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top