Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 10:33:10 AM EDT
We have an older digital cable box. I could care less about tivo. They kept pushing it and I said no. So now our cable box is starting to screw up. I think they screwed it up on purpose so we have to upgrade. Add another $10 month to the cable bill.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We have an older digital cable box. I could care less about tivo. They kept pushing it and I said no. So now our cable box is starting to screw up. I think they screwed it up on purpose so we have to upgrade. Add another $10 month to the cable bill.

Look in to DSL and Dish Network. They saved me $40 a month and I got better programing than cable.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Bama,

my family has comcast but my sister and BIL have DirectTV, you can get the "regular" sat. reciever but they have TiVo with the "DVR" Digital Video Recorder.  BTW-what cable co. do you have?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It's Charte Cable. We did have one of the dish companies but I couldn't get cable in all the bedrooms. So we went with cable instead.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's Charte Cable. We did have one of the dish companies but I couldn't get cable in all the bedrooms. So we went with cable instead.

I'm confused.

but I couldn't get cable in all the bedrooms. So we went with cable instead.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if you don't think you want a DVR, you really do.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I could care less about tivo.

BLASPHEMER!!!!

All hail the power of TIVO!

Seriously if you get Tivo you will love it and wonder how you ever lived without it.  After getting Tivo having to watch live TV is the most horrible thing immaginable.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I could care less about tivo.

BLASPHEMER!!!!

All hail the power of TIVO!

Seriously if you get Tivo you will love it and wonder how you ever lived without it.  After getting Tivo having to watch live TV is the most horrible thing imaginable.

Amen.  While we were on vacation, my wife kept looking for the "30 second skip" button every time a commercial came on the television in the hotel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top