Page / 4
Posted: 9/29/2004 2:32:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
pooper pics?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Eric, when she stated she missed you, you should have taken control of
the situation and turned the tables on her.
You should have asked WHY did she miss you so.
Maybe next time..
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just jack off and be done with it.

You sound like a fucking school girl that just got kissed for the first time.  So learn to think straight like a man or just buy her a house now and save yourself(and us) some time.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I can't believe that she hasn't found someone else by now.

Eric The(Tonight,Girl,It'sOnlyYouAndMe)Hun

There must be a good reason for this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
why cant you go over tonight?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel for ya hon.  It can be difficult, especially if you've been feeling lonely lately.  Why does love hurt?  Nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
So what made her an 'EX' in the first place?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You sound like a fucking school girl that just got kissed for the first time.  So learn to think straight like a man or just buy her a house now and save yourself(and us) some time.

SGatr15

your married so you can't play.

One thing that always got me was, I would feel like crap when I didn't have a girl friend but when I got one I would feel good than bad. Then more bad then sometimes really good
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nah...that ain't it.  I just learned that I don't need a woman to make me a complete person.  While others always seem lost without one.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah...that ain't it.  I just learned that I don't need a woman to make me a complete person.  While others always seem lost without one.

SGatr15

I don't read where ETH is incomplete without a woman-I'd be bragging too if a 24 year old was calling me.  You sound jealous.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

but your married!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I got two words for you "HIT THAT SHIT!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
If you love something, let it go.  If it doesn't come back hunt it down and kill it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Oh, I indeed know why she misses me.

I was a bankable commodity that could be reasonably counted to take care of her and her two children.

Which I understand completely.

<snip>

I'm just serious about not getting remarried until everything is ready.

There will be NO MORE DIVORCES for me, even if that means NO MORE MARRIAGES!

Way to go, Eric.  Kudos to you for having your head totally in the game.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#20]
That was a FIBC (Female Initiated Booty Call).

Went through this myself.

She just wants some cock while she looks for somthing she thinks is better.

Enjoy the sex (Condoms for sure), just don't expect anything.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Talk is cheap, Eric...but you know that already. I am your senior by a few years, and one more marriage, and I happen to think you have your shit together very well, indeed. Do the Windex thing and let bygones be bygones...it is for the best.

But you knew that already, too!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#22]

According to her, about a month ago, or so, there was never going to be 'anyone else' but me!

I thought that was just the emotional musings of a 24 year old.

Maybe I was wrong, I don't know.

And that not knowing is going to gnaw through me like the dickens.

Eric The(FarFromHappy)Hun

Alright.  HIT IT.  Clear your head.  Then figure out what you guys need to do next.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Either let doubt eat you up, or nut up and take a chance.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#25]

If she cant wait till tomorrow, or next week and neither can you, somethings not right deep down....

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That was a FIBC (Female Initiated Booty Call).

Went through this myself.

She just wants some cock while she looks for somthing she thinks is better.

Enjoy the sex (Condoms for sure), just don't expect anything.

Good Luck

+1 Right on brother.

It's so easy for chicks isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Love hurts most when it is not returned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

There will be NO MORE DIVORCES for me, even if that means NO MORE MARRIAGES!

Well, that's the only sure way.

But then again, "Repeat marriages are the best example of hope over experience."

Eric The(BurnedChildFearsTheFire)Hun

"The burned hand teaches best.  After that, advice about fire goes to the heart." - Gandalf

What the heck, Eric.  You only go around once.  Why not be stupid?

(Good luck, old buddy. )
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#30]
How long since the break up?

Sly
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#35]
No it makes sense but she also has to realize that especially due to your past history you're not ready to simply jump into a strong committment.  You care about her very much but what she's talking about you take very seriously and don't wish for it to end in divorce.

Tell her you need a re-acquaintance period and would appreciate if she didn't attempt to pressure you into a marriage again. That should you decide, you would pop the question when the timing's appropriate.  

And............last piece of advice.....which is looking waaaaaay into the future if you two can work it out again........... prenup
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got two words for you "HIT THAT SHIT!"

I would say that we likely set some records in that department during the time that we were together.

And I know precisely what she means when she says 'Come over tonight', for I will no sooner have the door to her apartment locked before she will be undressed and in her bed....

That's great, that's wonderful, that's spectacular...

But it ain't everything that I need at this point in my rather confused and shaken life.

Don't get me wrong, IF she told me that she had no intention of marrying me and that she had found someone else, but she wanted to make the beast with two backs just for the helluva it, I wouldn't be typing this post.

I would be in flagrante delicti at this very moment.

But...for what purpose? I could do that anywhere, anytime, with a bunch of young ladies, if I may so presume.

No, this situation merits much more thoughtfulness than that.

Eric The(Confounded)Hun

I know, I know Eric.

I was hoping to get a chuckle out of you.  I know what you're going through, and in my opinion laughter is the best medicine.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I know I don't have to tell you ETH.................

There is no such thing as casual sex.

ANY time you physically join yourself to a woman through sex you, like it or not and want to or not are inadvertantly joining your spirits as well.

Be careful.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I feel for ya hon.  It can be difficult, especially if you've been feeling lonely lately.  Why does love hurt?  Nature of the beast.

Thanks, HH, I should have known that only a woman could understand such things as this!

I know that I could hurt this young lady so much more than she could ever hurt me, so I have to be a bit careful in what I do in the near future.

If this telephone call had been a year from now, rather than today, I would be much more prepared to know what to do.

Now, if I go over to see her, I know that I will be rekindling something that could hurt me badly again, but that could devastate her, as well.

She's much more vunerable than I am, at present. And we both know that.

So, if I were to go over there, she knows that I understand how much it would hurt her if it didn't work out again, and I think she's counting on me NOT to hurt her again.

Does that make much sense to you, or am I just being an ass?

Eric The(WhoseBeenKnownToBeAnAss)Hun

You are NOT being an ass.  At 24, both men and women, usually have a lot of growing up to do whether or not they have children.  If you do what a lot of the guys on here have suggested, you will end up hurting her, if you don't want to marry her.  I think you are doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Once the decision to leave has been made by one, going back has never worked out in the long run for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Eric, my brother, I understand your hurt.  The last time I saw Carol was at the mediation.  It broke my heart to see the love of my life again.  

Sometimes, I daydream about having a woman in my life, but right now, I can't muster the level of trust it would take to have a good relationship.

It's sad to distrust people you haven't even met.  Add to that the long-term effects of being told what a sorry so-and-so I was/am by Carol, and I don't want to risk giving my heart to someone who will later disapprove of me.

My desire to have someone to hold is surpassed greatly by my insistance that I won't be hurt that badly again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what about your CURRENT girlfriend ??

The spanish gal ?

+ personally, I'd have to wonder of her motives...  
Honestly sounds to me like she just wants a man....

And please don't take that the wrong way, I don't know you from my ass, but get the impression that you're a pretty damn stand up guy    And you're obviously not an idiot about women..

I'd say handle this one with kid gloves.....

This is going to sound shitty no matter HOW I try to put it, but.....

Don't be the one who she "settled for".......

You deserve the real thing.......  don't sell yourself short over anything less....

Women do some lousy things, when they want something THEY want.......

Think you know what I'm getting at

Just be careful, think with the brain, as well as the rest of the parts  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#50]
On the subject of 'pre-nups', I will never have any part of them.

A marriage is a marriage, and it is a partnership.

[\quote]

And generally I would agree.....however you stated yourself you signify financial stability to this woman and that the children's father is pretty much scum.  I'd hate to think that she might see this is a reason for marrying quickly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top