Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:52:40 PM EDT
Rant / Consumer ALERT for Counterstrike: Source:

So I get the game, it runs on the new Half life 2 engine so the graphics are supposed to be pretty good. Anyways I go to play online and check out the new maps, well I find out there are no new maps and that this NEW game isnt even NEW!!! Its the same old bullshit game with all the cheaters, hackers and dumbass kids. Everybody has hacks for auto-aim- so they end up shooting you a mile away with a shotgun thru walls. The graphics arnt even that great. It is the exact same game from like 6 years ago...just with a semi-better graphics engine, which is still lacking compared to todays standard.

Freaking hell- Im Fuckin pissed, I wonder how the hell I can get my money back. I also wonder how many other consumers feel like they got fifty bucks stolen from them by getting this game.

PEOPLE< SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Sit on a digereedo... you'll feel better
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get it?

I will avoid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where did you get it?

I will avoid.

http://www.steampowered.com/ ....like the plague
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like me with Battlefield Vietnam.  I bought it because some friends were pressuring me to get a game to play online with them.  I bought it, played it maybe 3 hours.  Now it is stuffed into my computer desk to never be played again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like me with Battlefield Vietnam.  I bought it because some friends were pressuring me to get a game to play online with them.  I bought it, played it maybe 3 hours.  Now it is stuffed into my computer desk to never be played again.

I'll give you $5 for it
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where did you get it?

I will avoid.

http://www.steampowered.com/ ....like the plague

I dont like the online thing.

If it was a game from a store I could have told you how to pull a fastone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just say "NO, DAMMIT!" to Peer Pressure!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give you $5 for it

Shit, I'm not that desperate to get rid of it.  Maybe $15 to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty sure it's going to updated with more maps.  I mean they only have a model for one terrorist and one counter-terrorist how could it be done?  It still has the report bugs icon in the main menu which points to future updates in my opinion.   It wasn't meant to be a new game.  I really like it with the physics and better graphics.  There really isn't a big problem with cheating yet.  Not saying your doing this, but alot of people who aren't doing well in cs start throwing around the word cheater/hacker pretty pre-maturely.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure it's going to updated with more maps.  I mean they only have a model for one terrorist and one counter-terrorist.  It still has the report bugs icon in the main menu which points to future updates.   It wasn't meant to be a new game.  I really like it with the physics and better graphics.  There really isn't a big problem with cheating yet.  Not saying your doing this, but alot of people who aren't doing well in cs start throwing around the word cheater/hacker pretty pre-maturely.

LOL...ya ok.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give you $5 for it

Shit, I'm not that desperate to get rid of it.  Maybe $15 to get rid of it.

I'll ask someone at work if they want it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Plus your not just paying for CS-source.  Your mostly prepaying for Half  Life 2 and $50 is pretty much what you'd expect to spend on HL2.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Steam ruined half-life for me.

I stopped playing it when Steam became pretty much madatory.

I hate having to authenticate with a centarlized server to play a game that I own.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't wait until DOD-source is released.  I don't think it comes with the $50 bronze package though.  It's worth the extra $10 for silver.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I can't wait until DOD-source is released.  I don't think it comes with the $50 bronze package though.  It's worth the extra $10 for silver.

Yea that was a good game. I hope they dont ruin it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#16]
lol CS man that was freshman year of college all over again...........beta baby
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So I get the game, it runs on the new Half life 2 engine so the graphics are supposed to be pretty good. Anyways I go to play online and check out the new maps, well I find out there are no new maps and that this NEW game isnt even NEW!!! Its the same old bullshit game with all the cheaters, hackers and dumbass kids. Everybody has hacks for auto-aim- so they end up shooting you a mile away with a shotgun thru walls. The graphics arnt even that great. It is the exact same game from like 6 years ago...just with a semi-better graphics engine, which is still lacking compared to todays standard.

Freaking hell- Im Fuckin pissed, I wonder how the hell I can get my money back. I also wonder how many other consumers feel like they got fifty bucks stolen from them by getting this game.

No shit.  What the fuck made you think there were going to be NEW maps?  Do you not stay up to date with the Counter-Strike news sites?  I fucking love Source, and will continue to play it.  The models and graphics and physics are 200 times better than they were.  I dont know what you were expecting, all they did, and all they said they were going to do since day one was move 1.6 to the HL2 source engine.  It's your own damn fault for being mislead.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
lol CS man that was freshman year of college all over again...........beta baby

Yea I remember those days, when it was new and pure. Who knows, I coulda been President if it wasnt for CS taking all my time and attention. Now its a whore, and AIDS infected dirty whore that I just wasted fifty bucks on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]
i started CS at beta 3
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  What the fuck made you think there were going to be NEW maps?  Do you not stay up to date with the Counter-Strike news sites?  I fucking love Source, and will continue to play it.  The models and graphics and physics are 200 times better than they were.  I dont know what you were expecting, all they did, and all they said they were going to do since day one was move 1.6 to the HL2 source engine.  It's your own damn fault for being mislead.  

Its still a dirty whore. Your precious CS.S is a piece of crap. Deal with it, the garbage that it is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its still a dirty whore. Your precious CS.S is a piece of crap. Deal with it, the garbage that it is.

I have nothing to "deal with" seeing as how I enjoy the update.  Like I said, to me and 90% of the CS community, we love it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Started at Beta 4 I think.

Quit around mid 2002
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i started CS at beta 3

Me too. I quit sometime after it went to the actual 1.0 version.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Ya betas of original CS when it was just cool gamers playing (for the most part) were awesome. I've turned to league play since you dont talk to the other team during the match and scrim, and because there is more of a challenge then almost any legit public server player. I think I started around beta 3, got competitive around beta 7 (OGL), and went to CAL around beta 1.3. I'm in a main team right now, and I'm not looking forward to source.. I tried it in its beta, and it was what CS shouldnt be. The hitboxes are still broken as hell in Source too, so I wont spend my money until they work right.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
quote]

I have nothing to "deal with" seeing as how I enjoy the update.  Like I said, to me and 90% of the CS community, we love it.

Well sir, the CS community isnt exactly the most honorable group of guys considering they practically invented cheats and hacks forever polluting the sewer of Half-life and CS. Its no wonder they all like it, since they all have the same cheatz they are all on the same level. And hey if they arnt cheating then the weapon modeling of the game is flawed, when a guy with a 12 gauge shotgun or crap pistol can shoot one round at you and get a head shot at 200++ yards is fuckin bull shit. Oh and please explain how they seemingly know where you are behind a wall and with one shot of the AWP from 400 yds away seems to kill you thu the wall. Please do explain how they see thu walls.

This game is stupid, plain and simple. The only thing this "new version" did was make it so you can shoot 55 gallon barrels around, oh yea and whats up with that? Do you think that a 9mm glock is going to be able to make a 55 gallon METAL barrel BOUNCE around off the walls! The game is flawed, but hey if you like it- enjoy it and deal with its flaws.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Just download AA .. for free the radio tower and recon maps are great for IFF.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
quote]

Well sir, the CS community isnt exactly the most honorable group of guys considering they practically invented cheats and hacks forever polluting the sewer of Half-life and CS. Its no wonder they all like it, since they all have the same cheatz they are all on the same level. And hey if they arnt cheating then the weapon modeling of the game is flawed, when a guy with a 12 gauge shotgun or crap pistol can shoot one round at you and get a head shot at 200++ yards is fuckin bull shit. Oh and please explain how they seemingly know where you are behind a wall and with one shot of the AWP from 400 yds away seems to kill you thu the wall. Please do explain how they see thu walls.

This game is stupid, plain and simple. The only thing this "new version" did was make it so you can shoot 55 gallon barrels around, oh yea and whats up with that? Do you think that a 9mm glock is going to be able to make a 55 gallon METAL barrel BOUNCE around off the walls! The game is flawed, but hey if you like it- enjoy it and deal with its flaws.

I'm in no way saying the shit is accurate.  The AWP in CS is meant to be a .308 lapua, I believe not a magic one shot kill .50 bmg, But I could be wrong about the .308.  It's entirely way to over-powered though, I know that much.  And the animation on the M4 where the forward assist gets pulled instead of the actual charging handle, has bothered me for years, and I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed that MINOR bug in Source, as well as mirroring the weapons properly for right hand use, having the ejection ports on the left side bugs the shit out of me.  The Glock is wrong as well.  They wanted a glock 18 but the model is of a glock 17.  And I've never seen a glock 18 with 3 shot burst, it's only semi and full auto as far as I've seen.  Yeah, it's flawed in several aspects, I agree with you there.  CS was never really meant to be ultra realistic.  It's meant to be fun.  I have fun.  And yes, I get sick of the cheaters and the aimbots and the wallhacks.  It's irritating.  You don't get it in every server, but it's real common.  I rarely pub anymore.  Usually when I'm bored I just fuck around with bots or something, because I hate the idiots that play in pubs.  They think they're better than everyone in every server because they can get that one hit kill with the AWP.  I'll keep playing it though, just for the fact it's fun and it keeps me busy.  I look forward to the full version of CS:S.  They just need to fix a few of those minor bugs for once.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#28]

[>(]
It sounds like you probably just suck and are pissed as hell that twelve year olds are owning your ass.  It takes a little  time (like 30 min) to get used to it when your accustomed to regular cs.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#29]
yea thats the logic there.  

[insert middle finger here]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
quote]

bwhahaa.... First off, when you run upto a corner and stop, chances are a good player will hear you and take a guess that you are standing there. Other then that, there are certain places that people 'spam' listening and looking for any evidence it hit someone. Doesn't take cheats to know a map well, take a guess, and hear a 'uhhh' or goosh from a headshot.

And any mention of realism is stupid. Its CS, I don't want realism. CS got popular when it was unrealistic like quake is, with moving accurate shots from all weapons. Only guns that should be innaccurate at long distance should be the cheap pistols (glock), subguns, and people with rifles while moving. The USP should have no problem hitting a headshot down 'long A' on dust2 or across the bridge on aztec. It keeps things interesting for players with guns. AWP shouldnt have the delay in zooming it has, its made it into something that is more realistic but WAY less fun. They also nerfed the AK and M4 to the point they just don't hit like they should (1.6 and source). Makes the AWP vs. assault rifle a stupid and random fight. AWP will almost always win with a similarly skilled (or even less skilled) player, unless they miss or the rifle player hits a good/lucky shot.

Take any game you play, and there is someone that is legitly better then you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#31]
To be fair, about ten times as many people play Counter-Strike as any other on-line game. So it makes sense that cheating is more wide-spread. I thought PunkBuster was still pretty effective though?

(here are the stats archive.gamespy.com/stats/ - right now 27,000+ people are playing CS, second place is Day of Defeat with 3,000 players)

I have seen only one game (Global Operations) where you do a proper tac load without pulling the charging handle and wasting the round in the chamber.

I played CS from the beginning (beta 3 or so). I gave it up in frustration after point-blank M4 bursts seemed never to harm people as much as a single pistol shot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
quote]

I'm in no way saying the shit is accurate.  The AWP in CS is meant to be a .308 lapua, I believe not a magic one shot kill .50 bmg, But I could be wrong about the .308.  It's entirely way to over-powered though, I know that much.  And the animation on the M4 where the forward assist gets pulled instead of the actual charging handle, has bothered me for years, and I can't believe they STILL haven't fixed that MINOR bug in Source, as well as mirroring the weapons properly for right hand use, having the ejection ports on the left side bugs the shit out of me.  The Glock is wrong as well.  They wanted a glock 18 but the model is of a glock 17.  And I've never seen a glock 18 with 3 shot burst, it's only semi and full auto as far as I've seen.  Yeah, it's flawed in several aspects, I agree with you there.  CS was never really meant to be ultra realistic.  It's meant to be fun.  I have fun.  And yes, I get sick of the cheaters and the aimbots and the wallhacks.  It's irritating.  You don't get it in every server, but it's real common.  I rarely pub anymore.  Usually when I'm bored I just fuck around with bots or something, because I hate the idiots that play in pubs.  They think they're better than everyone in every server because they can get that one hit kill with the AWP.  I'll keep playing it though, just for the fact it's fun and it keeps me busy.  I look forward to the full version of CS:S.  They just need to fix a few of those minor bugs for once.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
To be fair, about ten times as many people play Counter-Strike as any other on-line game. So it makes sense that cheating is more wide-spread. I thought PunkBuster was still pretty effective though?

(here are the stats archive.gamespy.com/stats/ - right now 27,000+ people are playing CS, second place is Day of Defeat with 3,000 players)

I have seen only one game (Global Operations) where you do a proper tac load without pulling the charging handle and wasting the round in the chamber.

I played CS from the beginning (beta 3 or so). I gave it up in frustration after point-blank M4 bursts seemed never to harm people as much as a single pistol shot.

OMG, Global Ops!!!! that was a damn good game, too bad there were no updates- seemed to kill a badass game.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys pay money for games?...uh.. I mean...yeah...thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm hurt and need a medic.

NO.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm hurt and need a medic.

NO.

LMFAO!!!

NO.

NO.

NO.

NO.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Global Ops was cool for having so many weapons, and handling them realistically. But the balance was awful. People would just use RPGs(?) and blow up everything in sight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I got a copy of Gooseman's first trial version (not even a beta) of CS, I hung out in an IRC room he frequented.
I played until about 2002, then moved on to more realistic (Op Flashpoint, etc) games, too many "deagle!" type comments annoyed the hell out of me.

ETA: Global Ops was good stuff, but I was too cheap to buy the full game, I just played the demo until there werent many other people playing so I moved on.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Still playing Raven Shield until Ghost Recon 2 comes out.  IMHO it kicks Cstrike in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]
How old are you people?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#42]
my son wanted his money back also they told him no :(
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#43]
The best thing about CS was that it was free. I quit playing when that Steam crap came along. I can't believe they're charging money for a six year old game that was FREE. That's insane.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I switched from CS to BF1942 and Desert Combat.  Few, if any cheaters on the Punkbuster servers, and the games are just miles better. No comparison.

I'll get HL2 retail, and wait until and variants age a little before caring about them. It's the whole 'early adopter' thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#45]

The best thing about CS was that it was free. I quit playing when that Steam crap came along. I can't believe they're charging money for a six year old game that was FREE. That's insane.

CS still is free.  You just have to pay for Condition Zero or CS-Source.  If you already have half life regular CS is as free as it always was.  CS-Source really doesn't have a problem with cheating yet.  It's only a matter of time though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't even bother with CS online, haven't for a couple of years.  LAN is still fun, though, we still play a LOT of CS over my lan, when we're not playing Diablo 2 LOD...what crack that game is lol. I even started modding for it...got tired of weapons that weren't up to the task

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#47]
I started CS with the initial beta...with the sweet colt that that had the high ROF and good damage even with suppression...man that weapon really unbalanced play

I too, think that CS:S is a joke... the models (still) suck, the graphics are only moderately improved and the better physics that Source is supposed to sport don't even play a part in gameplay. I have Source since I have a cert for a free copy of HL2... I sure hope that won't turn out the way CS:S did. All the CS flaws when it was a beta were acceptable because the game was novel for its time and a free user-created beta mod that added something to the dull DM play of HL..but now that big corporate dollars are involved, there is no reason that CS should continue to be deficient.

Even America's Army, which was a FREE game more than a year ago had models 10x better than CS:S and animations that were far superior in terms of visual appearance and accuracy... Games like Joint Operations have much better looking graphics and more gameplay possibilities than CS. CS:S is nothing more than a poorly retextured version of CS with a couple of barrels/boxes you can knock over and a cople of new weapons

eta: the AWP is a .338 lapua, not a .308 lapua, if such an animal exists
eta: play joint operations people... BTRs, Strykers, Kiowas, Blackhawks, LCACs, etc... it isn't perfect either but it's the best (overall) fps I've ever played and I've been playing fps online since Quake..c'mon give it a chance...at least check out the free demo
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Okay, help me with a couple of questions, please.

I played CS when it was Beta.  It was fun.  But then the cheating started and ruined it.

Question:  Why do people cheat?  What does it prove?  Why can't a true "cheat preventor" be devised?  I just don't get it.

And also, if you read the rules, the Terrorists are supposed to attack and blow up certain points.  The Counter-terrorists are supposed to defend and guard the sites to prevent them being blown up.

So, if you defend the points, people call you a "Camper" and boot you from the game?  Why?  That's what you are supposed to be doing.

I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Okay, help me with a couple of questions, please.

I played CS when it was Beta.  It was fun.  But then the cheating started and ruined it.

Question:  Why do people cheat?  What does it prove?  Why can't a true "cheat preventor" be devised?  I just don't get it.

And also, if you read the rules, the Terrorists are supposed to attack and blow up certain points.  The Counter-terrorists are supposed to defend and guard the sites to prevent them being blown up.

So, if you defend the points, people call you a "Camper" and boot you from the game?  Why?  That's what you are supposed to be doing.

I just don't get it.

I'll go with "people are stupid assholes" for $1000, Alex
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'll go with "people are stupid assholes" for $1000, Alex

Okay.  Perhaps I do get it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top