Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:30:38 PM EDT
Im on my third tick bite this week and my gf keeps bitching to me about them. Its been months since my last bite but from what I remember is its common for them to swell up a little & itch like crazy. One is a little oozy but nothing real bad. They are about equal to a chigger bite. Do you guys have the same symptoms when bitten or am I dieing of lime disease.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:31:14 PM EDT
sure it's a tick? usually the tick hangs on for a while
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:35:01 PM EDT
Those aren't ticks. Ticks swell up. Unless you are 3 years old or really retarded you well know when they are attached. They also don't itch.

You have chiggers or a mosquito bite.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:42:18 PM EDT
I know for a fact they are ticks. I pulled all three off and smashed them. Im a wildlife major and have worked on a 10,000 acre reserve for the past three years. I think I know a tick when I see one. My gf says its not normal for them to swell up and itch but from what I remember it is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:47:42 PM EDT
In my experience with ticks, when you pull one off sometimes maybe a little of the bastard stays under the skin and that causes itching/irritation. Just watch for infection and Lyme's disease.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:52:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dalesimpson:
In my experience with ticks, when you pull one off sometimes maybe a little of the bastard stays under the skin and that causes itching/irritation. Just watch for infection and Lyme's disease.

Yep sounds like the head stayed buried in the skin. The bites are becoming infected.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:52:50 PM EDT
I've had tick bites they never itched though. I've had Lyme Deseace. You may or may not get the "Bull's Eye" rash. If its in you area you should get checked for Lyme. If untreated it can get pretty nasty
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:58:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedukeryan:
Im on my third tick bite this week and my gf keeps bitching to me about them. Its been months since my last bite but from what I remember is its common for them to swell up a little & itch like crazy. One is a little oozy but nothing real bad. They are about equal to a chigger bite. Do you guys have the same symptoms when bitten or am I dieing of lime disease.

I wouldn't play roulette with the possibilty. I would get on antibiotics and high levels of Vitamin C daily.

Patty
Top Top