Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 5:47:50 AM EDT

Stubby served with the 102nd Infantry, 26th (Yankee) Division in the trenches in France for 18 months and participated in four offensives and 17 battles. He entered combat on February 5, 1918 at Chemin des Dames, north of Soissons, and was under constant fire, day and night for over a month
View Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Stubby
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Stubby lived in an age before all the retard was bred into the monsters.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

you mean the other dogs that kind of look like pitbulls but are not in fact pitbulls that most people label as pitbulls or are you talking about real pitbulls?

Click here to find the real pitbull
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

you mean the other dogs that kind of look like pitbulls but are not in fact pitbulls that most people label as pitbulls or are you talking about real pitbulls?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very familiar with the different breeds and the confusion.  Nailed it first guess.

The problem is that interbreeding has nearly eradicated pure bred american pitt terriers.  We now have an amalgamation of different breeds that had different traits and today's "pitt bull" is a quite different than Stubby.

I really don't care either way.  I don't think they should be banned or anything of the sort.  I just dissaprove that every douchy tough guy needs to own a poorly trained musclebound killing machine.  

I do know however that if my dog or family member is ever attacked by a "pitt bull" I will take great pleasure in putting a bullet in it's thick skull.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm very familiar with the different breeds and the confusion.  Nailed it first guess.

The problem is that interbreeding has nearly eradicated pure bred american pitt terriers.  We now have an amalgamation of different breeds that had different traits and today's "pitt bull" is a quite different than Stubby.

I really don't care either way.  I don't think they should be banned or anything of the sort.  I just dissaprove that every douchy tough guy needs to own a poorly trained musclebound killing machine.  

I do know however that if my dog or family member is ever attacked by a "pitt bull" I will take great pleasure in putting a bullet in it's thick skull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAT?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not own a pitbull....never had most likely never will...I prefer large breed dogs...

but every dog call I ever went to was a "pitbull" call...usually it was a boxer mixed mutt.....hell one time it was a German Shepard....so it has become a pet peeve with me...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Stubby was actually not a Pit Bull. He was a English Staffordshire Bull Terrier. (what Pits were bred from)

Bully breeds (English Staffys, Am-staffs, American Bulldogs, Renascence Bulldogge, Alpapha Blue Bloods, etc.) are often generalized as Pit Bulls, when they are one of the many breeds in the Bully family. Its a shame that the urban/ghetto culture has bred these dogs to be what they are known as in today's society, monsters. Which by breed makeup, they truly are not. Its all about the owner, and training.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its all about the owner, and training.  

View Quote

That's what the owner of a 99% Red Wolf told me, literally 10 minutes before it bit all the way through his hand... twice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what the owner of a 99% Red Wolf told me, literally 10 minutes before it bit all the way through his hand... twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wild animal vs domesticated pet. not a valid comparison

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apples and oranges.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

but every dog call I ever went to was a "pitbull" call...usually it was a boxer mixed mutt.....hell one time it was a German Shepard....so it has become a pet peeve with me...
View Quote

Eventually people will get tired of calling all large dogs "pit bulls" and use the more common vernacular for all things considered "dangerous".  (Hide the chilrens!  It's an AK47!!1!!)

Sly <----- Owner of small breed sissy mutts from rescue shelters.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its a shame that the urban/ghetto culture has bred these dogs to be what they are known as in today's society, monsters. Which by breed makeup, they truly are not. Its all about the owner, and training.  

View Quote

You can't have it both ways.  Breeding matters in dogs, people and everything else.  

And yes it really is a shame that a good breed has been taken over by ghetto trash and had its reputation and bloodlines ruined.

Hopefully there are still a few actual breeders out there that are breeding them as they are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can't have it both ways.  Breeding matters in dogs, people and everything else.  

And yes it really is a shame that a good breed has been taken over by ghetto trash and had its reputation and bloodlines ruined.

Hopefully there are still a few actual breeders out there that are breeding them as they are supposed to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shame that the urban/ghetto culture has bred these dogs to be what they are known as in today's society, monsters. Which by breed makeup, they truly are not. Its all about the owner, and training.  

There are many, many good breeders out there. But you don't hear about them because their dogs don't do bad things. They just go about their everyday lives being good pets to good people. That is why saying all APBTs and other Bullie breeds are trash is such fallacious garbage. The bad ones are the ones that grab headlines and attention, and those incidents are what many people base their opinions off of, but they aren't the majority. They're actually a very, very minuscule percentage of the breed/group of breeds.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol you sound like an educated, tolerant person.  I bet I can guess your views on other races in this country as well.  What a moron, even for GD.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You lost all credibility on the subject when you added the second "t".  Apparently, you're not as familiar with the breed as you seem to think.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you get this from my post in the Marine horse thread?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow you're a real bad ass!
Not really, lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol you sound like an educated, tolerant person.  I bet I can guess your views on other races in this country as well.  What a moron, even for GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you sound arrogant and condescending. If a dog attacked my family or animals inwould shoot it as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Dogs arent subject to genetic predisposition, yall just racist. Muh puppy din do nuthin.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dogs arent subject to genetic predisposition, yall just racist. Muh puppy din do nuthin.
View Quote

People in GD say things like this, but in 30 minutes we will be talking about the superior guardian instincts of GSDs in the next thread. Some dogs are simply more aggressive.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

People in GD say things like this, but in 30 minutes we will be talking about the superior guardian instincts of GSDs in the next thread. Some dogs are simply more aggressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the attributes that make a dog good for guarding, make them dangerous. They wouldn't be good guards if they weren't.

Discipline is required in them, and that forms a complex relationship between the dog AND the owner/master.
Both share responsibility in a dogs temperament. But even like people, some dogs just never seem to "get it" and when you couple that with crappy, stupid owners who then breed SPECIFICALLY for that characteristic, you end up with something really bad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All the attributes that make a dog good for guarding, make them dangerous. They wouldn't be good guards if they weren't.

Discipline is required in them, and that forms a complex relationship between the dog AND the owner/master.
Both share responsibility in a dogs temperament. But even like people, some dogs just never seem to "get it" and when you couple that with crappy, stupid owners who then breed SPECIFICALLY for that characteristic, you end up with something really bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. There are breeds that are agressive towards people they don't know, but within their own family they are not always challenging the leadership structure. A dog that is aggressive with those who own it is typically one that thinks itnis dominant, which some dogs are more prone to be, such as GSDs. However, others can be quite protective without being the dominant animal. Of the 3 heelers I have known they tend to be protective without having to be the dominant being, to include my current heeler.

I believe that dogs do hold breed specific predispositions. You don't teach heelers and shepherd's to herd, or pointers to point or dobermans to guard. They already know how, they are bred for specific tasks. In the case of pitbulls I believe it is a combination of very strong will (desire to be dominant,) bastardized breeding, and a large number of douchenuggets owning them that have no business owning a dog, let alone something as strong willed as a pitbull.

overall I think you and I see eye to eye here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I obviously can't speak for the rest of the world's dogs, but I love my pibble.  He was given to me at six weeks old, and he's almost two years old now.

I've had mine since he was six weeks old.  Aside from his insatiable desire to eat television remotes and furniture, he's exceptionally gentle.  Our other dog is an elderly rat terrier that weighs all of 10 pounds, and we have two children in the house ages 8 and 6...my dangerous killer dog has never even acted like he was thinking about harming either of them.  The biggest fears we have are throwing away meat scraps in the kitchen trash can and having our toes licked by a 60lb dog as we recline on the couch!  

I had to laugh at the mail lady who walked up into the yard one day when I was taking the dogs out to shit.  The pibble stays leashed because he likes to roam, but the rat stays in the yard.  She freaked when the pibble started growling at the stranger on the lawn...but little does she know that my 10lb house rat is the vicious one!  

I'm far more afraid of one of the kids accidentally letting him out the front door where some jackass is going to shoot him for being vicious, than I am afraid that he's going to flip his shit and gnaw someone's face off.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And you sound arrogant and condescending. If a dog attacked my family or animals inwould shoot it as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD commandos gonna commando
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I disagree. There are breeds that are agressive towards people they don't know, but within their own family they are not always challenging the leadership structure. A dog that is aggressive with those who own it is typically one that thinks itnis dominant, which some dogs are more prone to be, such as GSDs. However, others can be quite protective without being the dominant animal. Of the 3 heelers I have known they tend to be protective without having to be the dominant being, to include my current heeler.
View Quote

^^^This.

I have no doubt that my pibble would start munching on any unwanted guest who walks through my front door if he were to sense that anyone in this family didn't want that person to be there...but my six year old can tell him what to do and he listens.  We got rid of any notion of dominance early in his life, and it's very evident when any of us get onto him for chewing on stuff.  Immediately, he rolls over on his back and gives the "look of shame".
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
WIKI says... boston terrier mix

usual pit thread

found this in the related section
a real hardcore badass...........pigeon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cher_Ami
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#28]
That's a cool story, pit or no pit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Throwing out the race card in a pit bull thread.  Stay classy dink nose.

I suppose you'd opt to give an enraged frothing mongrel a big sloppy kiss huh?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Mines a pit mix ,but she's the bestest dag I've ever had and would get a full blown Pit in a heart beat.

Personality plus and a couch potato that hangs with you all day.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. If a dog (pit or not) was attacking a person I would do everything I could to neutralize it.  Saying you would take immense pleasure in putting a bullet in its skull makes you sound like the kind of guy who sits at home fantasizing about the day you finally get to pop your pmag covers.  

ETA: you're right, shouldn't have made te assumption about your racial tolerances.  My point was that your comment made you sound unstable.  Don't want to get into an argument, we're all entitled to our own opinions. It's one of the last true freedoms remaining in this country
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mines a pit mix ,but she's the bestest dag I've ever had and would get a full blown Pit in a heart beat.

Personality plus and a couch potato that hangs with you all day.

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx323/progun1911/005-12.jpg
View Quote

That right there is a porgi.... That's awesome. Pit/corgilmao
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Wikipedia article says he was a Boston Terrier

I had a pit and he was a great and gentle dog, I have a Boston now and he reminds me very much of my pit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stubby lived in an age before all the retard was bred into people monsters.
View Quote

There I fixed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top