Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:27:54 AM EDT
You know the thing you want to say but you just know you really shouldn't say it?

yeah well I said it this morning and my girlfriend just flipped out.  

Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated"  then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated.

So I start talking with her and i say how can you go from normal and happy into downright depressed?  Well that didn't go over too well and then i really pissed her off by saying

"i think you should go talk with a counsilor about these problems"

Wow it was nuts she just rushed out of here and I was just thinking damn that probably was a bad thing to say.  I wasn't trying to impy she was crazy just that a counsilor could help workout some of those issued.

Well i really care about her but at this point i just feel like i dont have the time or effort to deal with all this fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to "the plight of man" as my Father-in-law would say.  Add this to his other axiom that "all women are F-ing crazy" and voila - you answered all your own questions . . .  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Welcome to "the plight of man" as my Father-in-law would say.  Add this to his other axiom that "all women are F-ing crazy" and voila - you answered all your own questions . . .  

Thi is the maddest i have ever seen her i am thinking she might be gone for good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop her...seriously...it sounds harsh, and being alone sucks, but I've been in a very similar situation, and it only gets worse.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thi is the maddest i have ever seen her i am thinking she might be gone for good.

Dare I say the problem has, optimally, solved its self?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
 women=
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nah, she's not gone for good.  If she's depressed, then you were right in suggesting she see a counselor.  She might have been angered that you mentioned it, but she'll come around.  If she's smart, she'll see that you were just trying to help someone you care about.  

If she bails on you now, let her go.  Good riddance to someone who can't see the light.

YMMV

yeah thats what i dont get.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
If it has boobs or wheels it will give you problems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If you want to take her mind of her current "issues" just ask her if she has put on a few pounds. Trust me She will so pissed at you her current crisis will disappear instantly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Only get involved with women for as long as they make you happy, and make that clear up front.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
....  then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated..

Her problem has been identified.Now, do you really want to deal with it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you want to take her mind of her current "issues" just ask her if she has put on a few pounds. Trust me She will so pissed at you her current crisis will disappear instantly.

Only safe to do if all ammo within a 3 mile radius has been buried 6000 feet deep....

'cause if not? You'll soon be!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#14]

i dont have the time or effort to deal with all this fucking bullshit.

There it is right there
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well i really care about her but at this point i just feel like i dont have the time or effort to deal with all this fucking bullshit.

Don't concern yourself with it or her.  It's her problem let her get mad and deal with it.  If she isn't able to deal with comments like that then you don't want her around anyway.  If she gets over it and comes back then you are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and if it has long hair and jumps out of planes, you're in for a real treat.

Only if she jumps without a shoot
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Flipping out is not acceptable behavior. It is her form of negotiation and you will not change that. Dump her or live with the bullshit 3 weeks out of every month.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Flipping out is not acceptable behavior. It is her form of negotiation and you will not change that. Dump her or live with the bullshit 3 weeks out of every month.

Wondering the type of cycle YOU'RE referring to!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 women=

+1  

No one can understand them.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and if it has long hair and jumps out of planes, you're in for a real treat.

Being divorced and single I am, by definition, a failure at relationships having never had a successful one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

i dont have the time or effort to deal with all this fucking bullshit.

There it is right there

hate to do it but.................+1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Women deal with problems differently than men.  Men look at a problem as a challange and try to correct it as soon as possible.  Women like to look at it from all angles, mull it over, discuss it with friends, on and on.  They feel pressured when men propose a quick solution and it's not unusual for them to get snippy.  She might have other problems going on that she hasn't shared with you.
She isn't gone for good, just needs space.  If she is gone for good over something like that you are better off.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

So I start talking with her and i say how can you go from normal and happy into downright depressed?  

Hormones my friend, hormones.

Buy her some flowers and cook dinner tonight along with an apology would work wonders!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Wanna really take her mind off the issue at hand?

Tell that she farts in her sleep.

Dives em nuts.     Seriously.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Tell that she farts in her sleep.

CMOS

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Dont send her to a shrink. He will just give her more pills then she is really gone.hacko.gif
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Neal before her bounty. That usually stops the blubbering for a fews days.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You know the thing you want to say but you just know you really shouldn't say it?

Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated"  then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated. RED FLAG!!! RED FLAG!!!!
So I start talking with her and i say how can you go from normal and happy into downright depressed?  Well that didn't go over too well and then i really pissed her off by saying

Wow it was nuts she just rushed out of here and I was just thinking damn that probably was a bad thing to say.  I wasn't trying to impy she was crazy just that a counsilor could help workout some of those issued.

Sex should NEVER be part of the equation that makes life "Complicated" if ANYTHING it relieves stress.

Secondly, if you dont have time to deal with it, maybe you arent ready.

When I was going through a similar situation, my best friend told me... "You gotta either cut bait or fish"

So, Im not dooming your relationship... Just saying "Shit or get off the pot"
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#30]
"Damn I should have just kept my mouth shut"

The title of your thread pretty much sums up my life.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I start talking with her and i say how can you go from normal and happy into downright depressed?  

Hormones my friend, hormones.

Buy her some flowers and cook dinner tonight along with an apology would work wonders!

BigDozer66

Yeah But i really dont think she is coming back, I said well I will see you tonight and she was like "no you wont"
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You said:

She heard:  

You're crazy.

This has nothing to do with her being a woman.  She obviously has mental problems--and she is (understandably) terrified by it.  When you have obviously noticed it too, you have confirmed her fears--that she is "not right" mentally.  All people with mental problems react the same--it's not a "woman thing."  Good luck.  

Oh well you can't just go through life feeling all depressed and down, I say do something about it or STFU.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Tell that she farts snores in her sleep.

CMOS

Corrected the post to fit my situation.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yeah But i really dont think she is coming back, I said well I will see you tonight and she was like "no you wont"

Well I guess that worked out okay then.  

Glad we could be of assistance! (The bill is in the mail)

My first guess is that she'll be back, my second guess is that you'll be putting up with a bunch of bullshit very similar to this for the next few more months before finally deciding you've had enough.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Tell her you really care about her, but things are going too fast and maybe some time away from each other might help.

She will appreciate you giving her the breathing room she needs and will come back in a week or so in a much better mood.

THEN, you can get married, have babies, and get tied down to a job and stack of bills you never imagined could exist. You will need to pawn/sell all your name-brand firearms, as well as a bunch of your electronics and jewelry. Oh, and don't think you're gonna keep that motor cycle after the babies start lining up for your attention. Ain't no way a woman is gonna let her baby's daddy get killed on a bike.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
 women=

that about sums it up best... next topic.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated"  then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated.

Her actions backed up your statements.  You did the right thing,  if she doesn't take your (great) advice, then get out now before it gets worse.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#39]
"Only get involved with women for as long as they make you happy, and make that clear up front."

Yup - once I learned that concept, my women "troubles" became practically non-existant...

"My first guess is that she'll be back, my second guess is that you'll be putting up with a bunch of bullshit very similar to this for the next few more months before finally deciding you've had enough."

BULLSEYE!!!

"Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated" then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated."

One last thing: are you sure there aren't fidelity issues you aren't aware of???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Look on the bright side:  you could be married to her.

Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated" then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 women=

+1  

No one can understand them.  

A preacher recently compared God and women.  Nobody understands them, but they exist nonetheless.

And we both have the power to make your life miserable...................
Life is grand.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#43]
she is pregnant.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#45]

she is pregnant.

Double Bullseye and Bingo!!!

Congrats on your bun in the oven.  Try to do right by the baby.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
snip

"Here is the situation, she was feeling kinda down, (pressure from school, work...) so anyways she asks me "how did things become so complicated" then she starts talking about how Sex especially has made things complicated."

One last thing: are you sure there aren't fidelity issues you aren't aware of???

- georgestrings

I was wondering that too.

Of course, IMHO sex outside of marriage - period - does make things more complicated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#50]
READ THIS NOW: www.nomarriage.com
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top