Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 10:22:05 AM EDT
Where did he go? Haven't seen him around in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Booted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Ban hammers for being an Illinois nazi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Stuck in Eastern Europe some where?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Didn't all that turn out to be BS?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
long gone
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Didn't all that turn out to be BS?
View Quote

Pretty sure he went. But, yes, it was BS
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Was the Mexican restaurant a farce too?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty sure he went. But, yes, it was BS
View Quote
Shame. They were interesting threads that I figured at the time were rooted in a pipe dream rather than a lie. I mean, they weren't mrclean4hire level interesting, but oh well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I know Damcv62 IRL. While the conex of ammo did not work out, he wasn't a bullshitter. He had one of the most advanced collections of NFA stuff that wasn't held by a millionaire. His "buy my life thread in the EE" was absolutely on the level. I worked at the gun shop he would transfer through. I saw his gear. It was everything he made it out to be and I've not known him to aggrandize a thing.

He eventually sold the restaurant at Penn State. I've moved so I haven't kept contact as I should. But, mutual friends tell me he is importing armor into the US from Eastern Europe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know Damcv62 IRL. While the conex of ammo did not work out, he wasn't a bullshitter. He had one of the most advanced collections of NFA stuff that wasn't held by a millionaire. His "buy my life thread in the EE" was absolutely on the level. I worked at the gun shop he would transfer through. I saw his gear. It was everything he made it out to be and I've not known him to aggrandize a thing.

He eventually sold the restaurant at Penn State. I've moved so I haven't kept contact as I should. But, mutual friends tell me he is importing armor into the US from Eastern Europe.
View Quote

Well, then, I sit corrected
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wasn't it a supposed to be tons of combloc ammo he was trying to import?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wasn't it a supposed to be tons of combloc ammo he was trying to import?
View Quote

but ended up being Chinese manufacture.

Damn you, Bill Clinton.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember him being a PA guy...
didn't he have some guns grabbed by the cops while plinking? some NFA stuff, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can confirm all of this. He and I have gone shooting together a few times, hung out, etc. We're still friends on Facebook and he's still traveling to Eastern Europe pretty often.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I remember him being a PA guy...
didn't he have some guns grabbed by the cops while plinking? some NFA stuff, IIRC.
View Quote
Accused of shooting his neighbors house in the opposite direction he was shooting iirc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Accused of shooting his neighbors house in the opposite direction he was shooting iirc.
View Quote
Yeah, this happened and it was resolved in his favor. He got his guns back IIRC. Took about a year though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top