Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:05:39 PM EST
So my wife asks me to bring her something at work. I say ok. Pick up my pants from yesterday and a clean shirt, throw my AR in its case and out the door. Get downstairs and realize I forgot the car keys. No problem, I'll just run upstairs and get them. Problem no house keys either, no wallet no knife. The only thing I did have with me was my CCW (with no permit). I figure I'll just go in the sliding glass door on the balcony. Get up there and its locked. So I break my tools out of my storage room and start wailing on the balcony door to get in. I was out there for more than an hour breaking in and nobody called the cops. Fine with me CCW w/o permit and an AR right next to me and I didn't want to see the cops. Anyway just feel stupid and lucky.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:12:31 PM EST
Nice, its not nessecarily a good thing that no one called the cops. What if it had been a burgaler

Wolfe
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:36 PM EST
my thoughts exactly, and it took me 1.5 hours to finally get in. I'm talking hammer and pry bar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:17:44 PM EST
It's the best way to realize just how easy it would be to break in if you weren't you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:18:07 PM EST
After an adventure many years ago I always have/carry...

----2 sets of keys--house, cars, and shop.

----key to house hidden on property.

After my wife had an adventure she now carries two sets of keys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:19:34 PM EST

Thats what I was thinking, next trip to wally world
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:25:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By ajm1911:

Better off fabricating something yourself. You don't want a wouldbe theif saying, 'Hey, I saw one of these at Walmart. I bet there's a key inside."
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:26:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By ajm1911:

You would not believe the amount of times this has saved my ass. My wife has a habit of locking the door behind her when she leaves in the morning and if I walk her out I come back to find the door locked!!!

DOH!
Top Top