Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 6:40:43 PM EDT
Anyone remember Icky Twerp and Slam Bang Theater? This was a wacky kids show on every morning that played cartoons and Three Stooges shorts. This show was part of the morning routine from the first grade till college for me. If you remember the show check out these two links.
[url]http://www.ickytwerp.net/ [/url]

[url]http://home.texoma.net/~kgreg/slam_bang.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. I was there.

Eric The(Fiftyish)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, hey, hey...  I was just talking about Icky Twerp last week on a thread here about something or the other.  Something about Gibby Haynes and the Butthole Surfers and Gibby's dad's show The Mr. Peppermint Show (Gad is that queer or what?).

Anyway I compared Icky's show with Ernie Kovaks being set in a day-care center.  Mr. Peppermint was a smarmy doofus but Icky had a harder edge.  Icky had an evil side to his humor.  I've always thought Bill Camfield was the reason some of the earliest punk bands came out of the Dallas area.  Folks like Kenny Wayne of Kenny and the Kasuals who Johnny Rotten said was his inspiration.

EDITED to note your links are great.  The gorilla costumes were a steal from Ernie Kovaks' "Nairobi Trio" from say 1957.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I never knew he did the intros to the horror shows. I had thought that guy looked familiar but could never place him. Amazing what the net will produce sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top