Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:11 PM EDT
TMZ Sports

Seriously, one of my worst nightmares.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Doing what he loved?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I clicked on that site and learned Bieber isn't going to the Mayweather fight bc they are feuding. That sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what he was eating?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have stuck to the protein shakes.

26?

Damn....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
His family will need something to help lift their spirits
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably not possible to perform heimlich on someone that big around.  I know if you have a really low heart rate choking can be more dangerous, but is there also an increased risk for body builders?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Choking on food, terrible.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder what he was eating?
View Quote
Roids
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt he would have made it to 40.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw that early morning. Bad time to be a bodybuilder. One dead from backflip, Rich in coma from hitting his head (possible coke related) and now Dallas
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I saw that early morning. Bad time to be a bodybuilder. One dead from backflip, Rich in coma from hitting his head (possible coke related) and now Dallas
View Quote
Who was the backflip?

Link?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh, and don't forget about the lady bodybuilder that died from too much protein.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#13]
This guy died eating a shoe  

Video: MMA fighter kills powerlifting champion in brutal street fight in Russia

Link
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote
Damn
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Probably not possible to perform heimlich on someone that big around.  I know if you have a really low heart rate choking can be more dangerous, but is there also an increased risk for body builders?
View Quote
You do know you can heimlich yourself right? it's pretty easy just have to know what to do and not panic
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do not forget Meeghan Hefford who died from a combination of too much protein drinks and an undiagnosed metabolic disorder a called urea cycle disorder that shuts down the body's ability to process protein and causes a build-up of ammonia in the body.

Edit, she was unknowingly OD on one of the few products she was essentially allergic too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Read about this earlier, Dallas had a lot of potential.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt. I imagine news like that is tough to swallow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#20]
The fact that we have to eat using the same tube that we breathe with disproves "intelligent" design all by itself.

If we were really designed intelligently we'd have something similar to a blowhole.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really surprised people don't die regularly from this horse shit.  Just because you think you can turn yourself into a walking freak show doesn't mean you will get away with it forever.  The body is a machine, you abuse a machine 24/7 and it's going to break down on you. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Damn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
Damn
Yup
That's murder
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The fact that we have to eat using the same tube that we breathe with disproves "intelligent" design all by itself.

If we were really designed intelligently we'd have something similar to a blowhole.
View Quote
So we could cover it with clothes or hats?

What would you do if you couldn't wear your tapout hat and shirt?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm really surprised people don't die regularly from this horse shit.  Just because you think you can turn yourself into a walking freak show doesn't mean you will get away with it forever.  The body is a machine, you abuse a machine 24/7 and it's going to break down on you. 
View Quote
Huh ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Why did he do that to himself? He looked so bad
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]
And if you believe that's what killed him I have a bridge for sale.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup
That's murder
View Quote
Russians gonna rus.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's about 100 different examples you could use to make this point.  Either there isn't much in the way of intelligent design,  or someone worked really hard to make human beings unadaptable and unresilient as compared to tons of simple organisms like insects and lower life forms. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Dallas was local to me. I know people that have seen him in the gym a lot. No one ever had anything bad to say about him. Said he was always in a good mood and putting in work.

He had a crazy career ahead of him. Hadn't even reached his potential yet.

If you ever watched his videos he was a good dude.

I'm pretty sad about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bodybuilders are immune from choking?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
To what?

Be yuge?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Living alone, thats a fear that crops for me once in awhile...Choking is scary shit...Years ago I was eating a meatball hoagie in the Student Union Building when I was taking night classes.  Second bite, a meatball flew out of the roll and lodged in my throat and i literally started choking right away and the fear and realization that the meatball wasn't come out set in.  2 or 3 people saw what was going on, but didn't do anything.  Somehow I managed to dislodge the meatball...have not had a meatball sandwich since than.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#33]

I mean no disrespect, but that right there is a freak of nature. No, on second thought nature wouldn't have allowed something like that, because it's so ... unnatural. If he hadn't died choking he probably would have died of some kind of substance abuse or of just plain heart attack. Doing that to your body is just not right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is another one who is in a coma and will probably be gone soon...

http://www.ibtimes.com/rich-piana-net-worth-bodybuilders-coma-status-remains-unclear-2581164

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they can crush the food into bite sized chunks with their neck muscles
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Bodybuilders react to Arnold's comments on modern bodybuilding

Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Modern Bodybuilders  

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
At least we don't shit where we eat. Now that would be stu...n/m.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Rich Piana is in a coma? Damn.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#39]
The people in the know are saying he had a heart attack, and just so happened to have food in his mouth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
It's a shame the guy died.

On an unrelated note, I don't like this steroid type bodybuilding, the guy looks like shit to me.

His muscles look like he had pot roasts sewn under his skin.

And then to make it worse, the body fat is reduced until the sinew and veins stand out under his skin.

People always express this great admiration for it, but it seems like a giant waste of time.

I can see how a guy would get into weightlifting and try to be the strongest guy at the gym, people always want to be the biggest and best at something.

But here we have a guy with muscles as large as can be grown with growth hormone and then starved down until the sinew is showing.  It looks awful.

Whenever someone puts out a shitload of effort to achieve something, and you criticize it, then people say you're jealous or bitter.

But this puffy steroid muscle + starvation skin thing is hideous and the giant effort involved seems like a giant waste of life.

It's like when you go to an amusement park and see people standing for 4 hours in the boiling heat to ride some 5 minute coaster ride.

Sure, their determination is a good thing but it's wasted on nothing.  The act of standing in a line for 4 hours to ride Disney's Magic Happy Train is bizarre.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Doing what he loved?
View Quote
I love eating dinner too
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That's a hard fact to swallow
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, he could have been on a future Star Trek movie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#44]
He was like a son to a good friend of mine and both his father and uncle are close friends.  Sad
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The people in the know are saying he had a heart attack, and just so happened to have food in his mouth.
View Quote
And these people are?

Pretty sure they need an autopsy for that. Finding food in his throat is different
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Rich Piana is in a coma? Damn.
View Quote
They supposedly found some steroids and narcotics at his home.

Emergency personnel rushed to his Florida home at 1:30 pm on Monday, where they discovered white power on a table with a credit card and a straw.

Police later revealed they found bottles of testosterone in the house and Chanel admitted to responders that he had been juicing for more than 20 years.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4223825/rich-piana-coma-bodybuilder-latest/
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's a shame the guy died.

On an unrelated note, I don't like this steroid type bodybuilding, the guy looks like shit to me.

His muscles look like he had pot roasts sewn under his skin.

And then to make it worse, the body fat is reduced until the sinew and veins stand out under his skin.

People always express this great admiration for it, but it seems like a giant waste of time.

I can see how a guy would get into weightlifting and try to be the strongest guy at the gym, people always want to be the biggest and best at something.

But here we have a guy with muscles as large as can be grown with growth hormone and then starved down until the sinew is showing.  It looks awful.

Whenever someone puts out a shitload of effort to achieve something, and you criticize it, then people say you're jealous or bitter.

But this puffy steroid muscle + starvation skin thing is hideous and the giant effort involved seems like a giant waste of life.

It's like when you go to an amusement park and see people standing for 4 hours in the boiling heat to ride some 5 minute coaster ride.

Sure, their determination is a good thing but it's wasted on nothing.  The act of standing in a line for 4 hours to ride Disney's Magic Happy Train is bizarre.
View Quote
Classic "stop liking what I don't like".

These guys make millions and have great lives despite knowing it CAN take years off.

It's called freedom, get over it
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote
Larry King is looking younger these days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

These guys make millions and have great lives despite knowing it CAN take years off.

View Quote
Indeed. Professional bodybuilders don't do this for their health. They are fully aware of the risks they take and are willing to accept the consequences. That's how freedom works.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's called having an opinion, get over it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top