Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:03:35 PM EDT
I didn't know until today that Dale Dye and I share the same birthplace. When people say "role model" this is the kind of guy I think of.

Dale Dye

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:09:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:11:08 PM EDT
Did anyone ever find out that quote he gave to the BoB or SPR guys when they complained about the mini boot camp?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:12:09 PM EDT
The guy has done great things to represent the military in movies and hollywood.

BUT, more of an interesting story than trying to demean the guy. You know he ended his career in the Marines as an LDO Captain (came up through the enlisted ranks) and Public Affairs Officer, taking the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders to a visit to Marines in Beirut, fell in love with one of them, divorced his wife got out of the Marines only to be dumped by the Cheerleader. Then he got into technical advising Movies.

Not beating the guy up, just a kinda funny story, he probably always was a little hollywood his whole life.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:14:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ScoutOut:
<a href="http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zipsinthewire.jpg" target="_blank">http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5226/zipsinthewire.jpg</a>

Dump everything you've got left on my pos. I say again, I want everything you've got inside the perimeter. It's a lovely fucking war...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:15:24 PM EDT
Cool, He was our guest of honor at my first Mess Night in 99.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:19:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 12:19:23 PM EDT by HarryStone]
Originally Posted By USMC-Helo:
The guy has done great things to represent the military in movies and hollywood.

BUT, more of an interesting story than trying to demean the guy. You know he ended his career in the Marines as an LDO Captain (came up through the enlisted ranks) and Public Affairs Officer, taking the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders to a visit to Marines in Beirut, fell in love with one of them, divorced his wife got out of the Marines only to be dumped by the Cheerleader. Then he got into technical advising Movies.

Not beating the guy up, just a kinda funny story, he probably always was a little hollywood his whole life.

Hell, I think it's funny. But then I'd be the last person who could point the finger at someone else for doing something stupid when it comes to women.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:20:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TGFB:
Did anyone ever find out that quote he gave to the BoB or SPR guys when they complained about the mini boot camp?

What was the story, if you don't mind telling it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:23:49 PM EDT

Good God if that doesn't sound like good old fashioned Marine luck I don't know what would!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:28:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sixnine:

Good God if that doesn't sound like good old fashioned Marine luck I don't know what would!

Hard to blame the guy being on a plane surrounded by the Dallas Cheerleaders. I would think something was wrong if he -didn't- make a move.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:34:03 PM EDT
Actually, I knew the wife he left for the cheerleader. She was the NCOIC of TAVSC at Quantico in the early 90s.

We had the MOS, and we share a lot of the same friends, but I've yet to meet the man. I do respect him and the work that he's done.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:34:47 PM EDT

Considering how much money he makes advising, and the shithole strip club she probably ended up in, the joke is on her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:34:50 PM EDT
I read his bio at wikipedia. He seems real enought to me. He can share my barbecue any time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:39:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HarryStone:

The actors were complaining and he told them they could quit if they thought they had what it took to be a U.S. Marine. They all sucked it up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:40:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:

Hard to blame the guy being on a plane surrounded by the Dallas Cheerleaders. I would think something was wrong if he -didn't- make a move.

The Marine Corps would forever banninate him, he did as was expected.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:42:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HarryStone:

The actors were complaining and he told them they could quit if they thought they had what it took to be a U.S. Marine. They all sucked it up.

Kick ass!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:23:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jkstexas2001:

The Marine Corps would forever banninate him, he did as was expected.

Yep, he took one for the team.. Now if he were Air Force, I would expect the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:37:43 PM EDT
"The movie based on Hasford's first novel, Full Metal Jacket, included the "Daddy D.A" character, (played by Keith Hodiak) though neither the character nor Dye's name is explicitly mentioned in the dialogue."

I can probably still recite most of FMJ I watched it so many times but, I can`t find a picture of this Kieth Hodiak anywhere and I have no clue which character he was in the movie. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:41:00 PM EDT
He's out of uniform in his picture. Ribbons on his right side are not in the correct order.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:34:05 AM EDT
When I started this thread, I tracked down someone who I thought could forward an email to Capt. Dye. They did, and he took the time to send me a personal reply. I don't think most people that run in the circles he does take time out to answer what is essentially fan mail.

I'm not really surprised that he would, but I thought I should mention it.
Top Top