Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 11:32:48 AM EDT

ZAHN: The challenge, though, is trying to figure out how to live in this constant state of alert and then be instructed to go about life as normal. Do you understand why everybody's equilibrium is a bit messed up right now?

"The new reality seems to be that we have a new attack alert issued almost on a daily basis. And what that does is that puts us all into a heightened state of readiness and alert, which is a bit exhausting."  
— Tipper Gore  

GORE: Well, I do understand. The new reality seems to be that we have a new attack alert issued almost on a daily basis. And what that does is that puts us all into a heightened state of readiness and alert, which is a bit exhausting.

And the other thing that's a little concerning to me is they're not really telling us what to do. And I would like to know that. I would like to know that as a mother. I would just like to know that because I like to have a plan of action. So I think it's true that not only here in New York, but around the country, people are living in higher states of anxiety.

ZAHN: Do you think it's been [b][i]irresponsible[/b][/i] for members of the Bush administration to share these very unspecific warnings with the public?
[url]www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/conditions/05/24/gore.mental.health.cnna/index.html[/url]
------------------------------------------------

Damn Your damned if you do, and Your damned if you dont...

[red]Liberal A-hole[/red]: Why didnt you tell us !!!!!!!
[blue]BUSH ADM.[/blue]: Did not want to alarm the public with vage alarms....
[red]Liberal A-hole[/red]: BUT I have a RIGHT to know....

next day same Liberal A-hole

[red]Liberal A-hole[/red]: All this alerts are giving me a headache, why must you tell me about every single one..
[blue]BUSH ADM.[/blue]: You asked for it...
[red]Liberal A-hole[/red]: argh...!!! dont you dare make me responsable for [i]anything[/i] !!!!

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
She ain't stupid. She could have suggested something, same as has been suggested in the last 24 or so hours on this board. But to do that would be a "risky plan", in the words of her husband.
View Quote

your right she aint stupid... its not thats she will not know what to do in the event of an attack... she just doesnt want you to know where [b] her[/b] hiding spot is...   thats leadership for ya' .....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top