Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 9:48:28 AM EDT

Dad Allegedly Tries To Circumcise Son After Reading Bible

POSTED: 9:34 am EDT September 9, 2004

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A father who allegedly tried to circumcise his 8-year-old son in the bathroom after reading Bible passages has been charged with first-degree assault on a child.

Edwin Bruce Baxter, of Vancouver, faces at least 10 years in prison if convicted.

According to an affidavit, Baxter told sheriff's deputies he tried to circumcise his son with a kitchen knife after reading chapters from the books of Genesis and Exodus that call for circumcision.

The 33-year-old Baxter called 911 when the boy appeared to be losing too much blood. The 8-year-old was taken to a hospital where he received several stitches.

Baxter lives with his wife and nine children in a two bedroom rental home. Baxter was once convicted of domestic violence in 1993 and has been reported in the past for allegedly failing to enroll the children in school.

This is sick.  Maybe the father should have considered giving himself a vasectomy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont see any difference between this and circumcision at birth.  Both are barbaric practices and amount to male genital mutilation.  If common practice was to cut skin off of the vagina or clit at birth, the feminists would have raised an outrage years ago.  But since it is males being cut on with no anisthetic, it is accepted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow. Somebody shoulda read the new testament first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
why didnt he have it  done when the child was born? what a weirdo
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Although this guy might have been crazy... this takes us in a bad direction. I swear the day that I hear about a parent getting arrested for changing their baby boy's diaper and seeing his penis or something dumb like that the world will just end right then.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dont see any difference between this and circumcision at birth.  Both are barbaric practices and amount to male genital mutilation.  If common practice was to cut skin off of the vagina or clit at birth, the feminists would have raised an outrage years ago.  But since it is males being cut on with no anisthetic, it is accepted.

1) There is huge difference.  Would there be "no difference" between the father trying to operate to remove a tumor, and having it done by an actual doctor?

2) A circumcision is not done with "no anesthetic".  At none of the ones I've witnessed were.  

So stfu.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Although this guy might have been crazy... this takes us in a bad direction. I swear the day that I hear about a parent getting arrested for changing their baby boy's diaper and seeing his penis or something dumb like that the world will just end right then.

Not sure I am too worried about that, but it's good to see that your ride a Triumph. Nice bike. I myself am leaning towards a Ducati (or an MV Augusta if I could afford one), but the Triumph was my third choice. For now, it's just a Kawasaki ZX-6E.

Back to our scheduled thread...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a rope....

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1) There is huge difference.  Would there be "no difference" between the father trying to operate to remove a tumor, and having it done by an actual doctor?

2) A circumcision is not done with "no anesthetic".  At none of the ones I've witnessed were.  

So stfu.

Ditto... I was there for the birth of my THREE sons (and two daughters) and there was anesthetic used. I will admit that I HATED having it done and felt for my sons, but I thought it was for the best. It's not just for religious reasons that it's done either. It is easier to keep clean and other considerations. Plus, I know women who are disgusted by un-circumcised schlongs...

Edited to add: this crackpot should be strung up. At that point it's the kids choice as far as I'm concerned and if done -- needs to be done by a doctor.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Geez... what an ass. Instead of taking him to the hospital and having it done, he does it himself and now the kid's in the hospital anyway and he's in jail w/ a mentally messed up kid to boot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure I am too worried about that, but it's good to see that your ride a Triumph. Nice bike. I myself am leaning towards a Ducati (or an MV Augusta if I could afford one), but the Triumph was my third choice. For now, it's just a Kawasaki ZX-6E.

Back to our scheduled thread...

Most people see "Daytona" and think Im a huge Nascar fan... not that there's a problem with Nascar, but you know. I built mine back up after someone took it down and were scared of it, it was a good deal The Triumph will beat my brothers GSXR 1200 like im racing against an ATV until you get way up to speed. I love Ducati's, I ride around with a guy that has a 749S and it's really light weight, my girlfriend could probably lift it off the ground for a short time. MY dad has two classic Triumphs(Trident, TR-6), and all his brothers all have one too, so I got hooked on them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]

If common practice was to cut skin off of the vagina or clit at birth, the feminists would have raised an outrage years ago.

Just so you know it is a female circumcision is a common practice in parts of Africa and its usually at puberty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
[Most people see "Daytona" and think Im a huge Nascar fan... not that there's a problem with Nascar, but you know. I built mine back up after someone took it down and were scared of it, it was a good deal The Triumph will beat my brothers GSXR 1200 like im racing against an ATV until you get way up to speed. I love Ducati's, I ride around with a guy that has a 749S and it's really light weight, my girlfriend could probably lift it off the ground for a short time. MY dad has two classic Triumphs(Trident, TR-6), and all his brothers all have one too, so I got hooked on them.

I was drooling over the Sprint ST for a while. Nice bike. Right now my plan is to keep my ZX-6E for a small/mid-size sport tourer and add a Ducati 916 as my "show bike".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top