BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 1:08:17 PM EDT
Any of you have one?
Which one?
Is it good?
Is it bad?
What are the most important features?
Is there THAT much difference between 2 of them with nearly exact same features but one cost $400 and the other $800?
Thanks just wanted some simple inout from those in the know before I head out the door.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any of you have one?
Which one?
Is it good?
Is it bad?
What are the most important features?
Is there THAT much difference between 2 of them with nearly exact same features but one cost $400 and the other $800?
Thanks just wanted some simple inout from those in the know before I head out the door.
View Quote

I have a DVD recorder that functions like a VCR which also has a 80 gig hard drive and a DVD recorder(external) hooked to my computer.
I haven't used the DVD in the Video Recorder but the computer one(a Plextor) functions fine.
What format the DVD records(+RW,-RW,RAM) and recording features should be considered but you first should decide what you want it for and then look for one that suits your needs. Search the 'net and go to Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. to check them out in person. Take your time and buy one where you have a price guarantee. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I will use it to watch DVD's and to dub all of our home video VHS and Hi8 to DVD.
I am not a perfection hi tech audio video expert but I do want to get something that will make decent copies of the tapes we have is the most important feature.
Is progressive scan a must have?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is progressive scan a must have?
View Quote

Progressive scan is a playback feature and yes, you want it. It is a feature on all but the very cheapest players. [:D]

[devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top