Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 11:23:53 PM EDT
I know a few of you out there are relatively techncally minded, so:

My inexpensive Samsung DVD player skips occasionally, even on new discs (no scratches).

It has happened with enough different discs that I am assuming it is due to the player rather than disc defects.

I do have the automatic laser lens cleaner (brushes on the bottom of a disc) and use it on occasion.

Any other cleaning methods to use?

Worst case:  Buy a new DVD player.  It is hooked up to an inexpensive 25" Stereo TV, so I don't need a fancy ultimate stereo quality HDTV ready DVD player, but just one that doesn't skip much.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
now don't that just sux?

try cleaning the laser head with canned air.

does the 'skipping' occur at the same place on the same disks? ...could be a tracking problem.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Turn down the bass somewhat?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is the CD unit located? Keep it away form speakers, especially anything with bass. Can cause the unit to vibrate during bass excursions.  

and don't hit the thing with a full can of beer
[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top