Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:07:19 AM EDT
I was wondering if there are any free DVD Codec's fro Windows Media Player? I want to be able to watch DVD movies, and don't want any free standing programs like PowerDVD to be shown in the program list.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
media player plug-ins

DVD X Pack sounds good to me but.....

I still prefer VLC
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Will any of these show up as a seperate program? I want to know if someone would be able to tell by browsing the program list that this machine will play dvd's?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so I'm a little behind in my reading.

Just grab Ulead DVD Player 1.0 from FOSI's.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Lemme guess,  your work doesn't let you install unauthorized programs for a reason, but you want to be able to watch DVDs at work?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lemme guess,  your work doesn't let you install unauthorized programs for a reason, but you want to be able to watch DVDs at work?

What makes you think that????
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing that they don't have Windows Media Player 10 installed?  Would they notice if it was and you used the classic skin?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck media player, rip and watch your DVD's using a decrypting software, such as DVD decyptor or DVD shrink.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
If you have media player 10 installed, do you still need a codec like Power DVD to watch DVD's on the PC?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you have media player 10 installed, do you still need a codec like Power DVD to watch DVD's on the PC?

Yes - Media Player 10 does not include a DVD decoder. It can play them once you install one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top