Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 4:14:59 PM EDT
Everytime something like this breaks, I check em out to see what sort of lunacy they're spraying everywhere.  Here's just a couple:

Obvious this one didn't watch our bombs hit numerous targets in the past....

Scurrilous  (1000+ posts)    
Response to Reply #8
62. BushCo...
..."The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight."

Compassion.....

Joey Liberal  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-12-06 03:52 PM
Response to Original message
2. This is too good to be true n.t

Make sense of this one....

tishaLA  (1000+ posts)    
Original message
Why do they let vampires play with guns?

And this dimwitted Texan responds....

Midnight Rambler (1000+ posts)    
283. He's not a vampire
He's a cyborg

Finally, a conspiracy breaks.....

sarcasmo (1000+ posts)      
Original message
Faux, keeps saying over and over again. Accidentally, LMFAO.

This one is obviously the brain of the bunch and one of their resident PETA fucktards....

dubya_dubya_III (85 posts)      
Response to Reply #175
360. The guy was left behind retrieving an innocent bird he'd murdered
Edited on Sun Feb-12-06 07:12 PM by dubya_dubya_III
Apparently Sharpshooter Cheney was shooting backwards into the same area they had already pillaged and confused the fallen legalist for an especially plump bird.

A Republican in their midst....

ewagner  (1000+ posts)      
4. I hope Whittington is okay
having said that....I don't know what else to say....I'm sort of stunned that an experienced hunter like Cheney would make such a mistake.

Finally, I leave you with this mental midget.  Yes, you Mary, a gun is a tool for killing...AND defending yourself against the various types of morons in this world.  We don't stop you from ass spelunking, so don't fuck with our sport!

Karmakaze (436 posts)    
Response to Reply #4
182. Im not stunned at all
I don't care how well trained or experienced you are, you can still make mistakes with firearms that can result in serious injury or death - guns arent toys even though people like Cheney use them like that (ie for enjoyment rather than as a a tool).

I'm not saying they should be banned, but people have to stop looking to firearms for thrills. In my opinion firearms should only be used as a tool to accomplish a specific task - and as far as I am concerned hunting for pleasure doesn't fall into that category. Sure if you need to eat and hunting is how you do it then fine, but killing quail just for the pleasure of having blown the hell out of a small bird is not something I believe people should do.

But I am talking about a cultural change rather than a legal change - I don't mean to ban these activities, but the sooner they become socially unacceptable and thus undesirable the better. As far as I am concerned people should treat thrill hunters the way they treat smokers.

Ban them from using their death/boom sticks in public?  Make them shoot OUTSIDE of buildings, instead of inside?  

DO NOT HOTLINK!!!!
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x2103377
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
you say not to hotlink, but you hotlinked to the DU
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to believe, they make our trolls seem smart by comparison
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you say not to hotlink, but you hotlinked to the DU

Where?  I did not use any code to hotlink it.  Maybe your computer hotlinks URLs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
well the link is highlighted and when I click on it I go to the webpage
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Hotlinking to DU is bad, mmmkay?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Who gives a shit if they know we're reading their site?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hard to believe, they make our trolls seem smart by comparison

That's because we get the trolls that couldn't even making the cut in DU. DU rejects... what could be worse.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

b/c if they do, we will get a fresh crop of these idiots trolling our boards.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't.  There are reasons for this, among them is the fact that we don't want or need a board war.

Alrighty. No problem. I'm not advocating a board war or anything, just didn't see why we should care if they know we see them or not......
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, at least AR15.com & DUh can both agree that Hillary Clinton is a much better shot. (Vince foster)

-Scott
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, at least AR15.com & DUh can both agree that Hillary Clinton is a much better shot. (Vince foster)

-Scott

YOU, SIR.......are a uniter, NOT a divider
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I quit reading DU after I found the Universal Democratic Underground Thread:

UNIVERSAL DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND THREAD

----

muck4d00

[News Headline]

[Excerpt of article about military issue, political issue, man-made event, natural occurence, or... well... anything followed by link to entire article]

Looks suspicious to me.

----

[Index of response titles]

----

8lame8ush

1. Obvious ploy

It's obvious that Karl Rove is behind this. How this happened on [whatever the date is] is just too convenient in timing, especially considering that [Bush's poll number's are up/Bush's poll numbers are down/Bush's poll numbers are neutral/it's raining in Antigua].
----

Th!nkH3sFunny

2. Treat for Bush*

I bet Karl Rove is giving Chimpy a banana over this one.
----

muck4d00

3. LOL!

Though your humor was blunt and inept, I will praise you for it, Th!nkH3sFunny, and pretend I laughed since it goes along with my own prejudices.
----

halfempty

4. Nothing we can do

This just make me feel so depressed. There is nothing Bush* and the neo-cons won't do to keep power and wage war. Remember, these are the same people who rigged an election, killed Carnahan and Wellstone, and stole my bong. They're going to steal the election again with the "liberal media" helping them all the way. Then they'll plunge the world into death and chaos and I'll never be able to get another bong.
----

halffull

5. This will sink Bush*

I disagree, halfempty, this is exactly what is going to make people realize that Bush* really is like Hitler… and then everyone will turn against him… and then true progressives will get in office… and then peace will be had in the world… and then gumdrops will fall from the sky… and then unicorns will roam the land once again.
----

M3sn00ty

6. We smart

You may be right, halffull, but remember that we, the progressives of DU, are much smarter than everyone else. We have to carefully move all others to our viewpoints because most still don't understand [convoluted conspiracy theory no one understands].
----

halffull

7. At least we have debate

It's great at least that we talk about things like this here, and don't block out views we don't like such as the Freepers and Repugs do.
----

Name removed

8. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules and better conform to GroupThink™.
----

Imune2Irony

9. Repugs are nazis

This all just goes along with the Bush*'s and the Repugs' nazi mentality. The only way we can preserve liberty is to round up the Repugs and put them in ovens.
----

N3wGuy

10. My own 2 cents

Ooh! Ooh! I'm a monkey!
----

muck4d00

11, Back to the main point

Imune2Irony and N3wGuy makes some great points, but I just hope everyone keeps in mind how [what was mentioned in the original article] can really be used against us. I bet even the Zionists and the Christians are all cheering about this.
----

AFewM4rblesL3ft

12. Careful

Watch how you phrase things. Let's try not to get labeled anti-Semitic and anti-Christian again.
----

4sylum3scapee

13. Don't be dumb

I wouldn't worry about offending Jews or Christians. If you've been paying attention to all that going on, especially [a weather occurrence that unconvinced Democrats], it's obvious that GOD IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY HALIBURTON!
----

muck4d00

14. Exactly

If a glowing angel approaches you or a burning bush starts talking to you, DON'T LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE IT IS PURE PRO-BUSH PROPAGANDA!
----

4sylum3scapee

15. Beware

Holy Spirit = Goebbels
----

Th!nkH3sFunny

16. Wouldn't that be great

I wish someone would burn Bush*.
----

17. Locking

Thread is being locked to keep nuttiness evenly spread throughout the forum.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,
DU moderator

From IMAO.us
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Who cares what they post?

I have never understood why you guys even bother posting this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
James and Sarah Brady Comment on the Vice President's Hunting Mishap
2/12/2006 5:40:00 PM
releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=60875
To: National Desk

Contact: Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 202-289-5792

WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 /U.S. Newswire/ -- James and Sarah Brady made comments today related to Vice President Cheney's reportedly accidental shooting yesterday in Texas.

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," said Jim Brady. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

"I've thought Cheney was scary for a long time," Sarah Brady said. "Now I know I was right to be nervous."

http://www.usnewswire.com/
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

To be aware of what the other side considers important
judging from du.com, not being able to distinguish between fantasy and reality
is important to them, that seems like valuable knowledge to have "in the field"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naaa, its mostly for shits and giggles.  

And I did NOT hotlink it!  I don't know why you were given a hotlink, but my comp shows it is cold and when I looked at the code again, it was cold.  I don't know why your computer does that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naaa, its mostly for shits and giggles.  

And I did NOT hotlink it!  I don't know why you were given a hotlink, but my comp shows it is cold and when I looked at the code again, it was cold.  I don't know why your computer does that.

Someone else had the hotlink on their computer, I said that it was NOT hotlinked
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They really are idiots, aren't they?

Yes, yes they are!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Heres how to do it !

democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x2103377

Now was this just a freak accident? or did Cheney do something really stupid? Think his buddy will sue him?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Just think.....these people actually (claim to) vote in elections.  And they call us hateful and malicious?  Sick fucks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top