Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 7:04:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 7:04:58 AM EST by NewbHunter]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=2362791&mesg_id=2362791 ( DO NOT HOTLINK)

I can't believe some of these people! They sarcastically refer to the freepers calling THEM the hatful ones and then laugh, but in the same thread they are making fun of this girl and saying how she's ugly, etc., etc.!!!

These people are complete morons!!!

If you read further down the thread there are some people saying that it's a scam and that the guy in the IUPAT shirt is her brother and the photographer is paid by the dad to take the shot. WTF? Do they have any proof to back this up or are they just engaging in one of their typical unfounded conspiracy theories that seem to run rampant over there?

There is a link to this thread that supposedly "proves" this is a scam.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=828458&mesg_id=828458 (DO NOT HOTLINK)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:16:12 AM EST
Are you honestly asking for proof from members at DU?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:19:29 AM EST
Why is it not possible that it is indeed a scam? I don't put anything past anyone nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:21:33 AM EST
I'll wait till I see the memo.

Dan? Paging Mr Rather!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:25:16 AM EST
ANYTHING POSTED AT DUh IS BS PROPAGANDA!

Any doubts - re-read the top line.

DUh has been, and always will be, the most extreme leftist (and sometimes criminal) site on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:33:33 AM EST
There is a link to a DU blogger in the main thread that spells out their case, and I've got to admit that the son in the gray shirt in the family photo does look a lot like the "union thug" in the AP photo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:35:01 AM EST
DUers also claim that Laura Bush is a murderer and a drug dealer (I'm not kidding).

So there you are.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:37:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 7:38:06 AM EST by NewbHunter]

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:
There is a link to a DU blogger in the main thread that spells out their case, and I've got to admit that the son in the gray shirt in the family photo does look a lot like the "union thug" in the AP photo.

Can you post that link?

I'm not trying to stir shit here or anything like that, I just want to make sure that I have my bases covered and I keep myself honest for when I have to deal with a few of my more liberal co-workers. You know...the whole know your enemy's argument thing...

Although in the DUers case...knowing their argument is enough to make my head spin
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:37:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:38:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:43:27 AM EST
Ron Brown's plane had an accident....

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
DUers also claim that Laura Bush is a murderer and a drug dealer (I'm not kidding).

So there you are.

Yep, and Vince Foster actually committed suicide.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:48:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By NewbHunter:

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

Can you post that link?

I'm not trying to stir shit here or anything like that, I just want to make sure that I have my bases covered and I keep myself honest for when I have to deal with a few of my more liberal co-workers. You know...the whole know your enemy's argument thing...

Although in the DUers case...knowing their argument is enough to make my head spin

rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

Family photo is at the bottom of the page. I wish the photo were larger, but I looked at hair color, the shape of the nose and ears and the general build of both people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:50:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

So there you are.

Yep, and Vince Foster actually committed suicide.

I've always been of the opinion that Foster did commit suicide. I just don't think that he did it at Fort Marcy Park.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:55:22 AM EST

I wish I had been there!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:56:31 AM EST
It was not a scam. It really happened about 3 miles from my house.

It was all over the local radio stations.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:06:27 AM EST
If it was a scam, I doubt we'd hear this:

www.ibpat.org/news/WVa.html

The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the full extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

General President James A. Williams
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

Hat tip: Little Green Footballs
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:07:37 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:10:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Spade:

The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the full extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

They obviously know the guy who did it.

Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:10:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
I have to admit the union guy does look like the sons in the family photo... nothing definitive, but a decent resemblance.

They're both Average White Guys (AWG).

Take five minutes, do a picture search, and I bet you can find 500 people who have a decent resemblance to this guy. Hell, a buddy of mine from HS, who is nowhere near WV bears a passing resemblance to that union guy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:13:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:14:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 8:28:00 AM EST by NewbHunter]

Originally Posted By Palo_Duro:

Thanks for posting that.

Yeah, I'd say this is the damning evidence right here.

About the only thing I could think of is that possibly the IUPAT would rather just apologize and save face rather than act defiant and claim it's a scam, even if it was (I'm not saying it is) ETA:and this would be clutching at straws too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:26:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Palo_Duro:

Thanks for posting that.

Can someone post this in DUh?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:12:18 AM EST
The IUPAT thug still needs to be bitch slapped.
Top Top