Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:13:51 AM EDT
jfkjunior2004 (4 posts)      Mon Mar-13-06 07:30 PM
Response to Original message  1. 2008 Choices?

When i look at major elections we need not to look at gun support because lets be honest no politican has the balls to revoke the right to own guns. Yes maybe ban assualt weapons but on the streets of the U.S. who needs an AK. I am a hunter and i belive Al Gore is the best candidate for safe gun owners. He will ban assualt weapons but who hunts with an Ak no one.  

rfkrfk (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-13-06 07:41 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Gore brings up an issue, then doesn't fill in the details
gun safety, means what?, exactly

I'm kinda tired of.
...let me decide later, trust me...
politicans

WTF , he doesn't know what he wants?

jfkjunior2004 (4 posts)      Mon Mar-13-06 08:00 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. Guns?
As a hunter gun rights is not even on my top ten list of top priorities in an elected offical. In a time of war and economic down fall my guns are the last thing I am worried about
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Some good ones I saved:

"One handgun a month is too much."
"If you ask me, 12 handguns/year is too much."
"I'd be OK with one gun a year."
"We need the strong gun regs and enforcement Europe has."
-DU  10/23/2005
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
To quote a famous American icon, "What a maroon!"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

As a hunter gun rights is not even on my top ten list of top priorities in an elected offical. In a time of war and economic down fall my guns are the last thing I am worried about

What a fucking idiot ( being a regular poster on du only make him a regular idiot ).  In times of strife guns are the first thing to worry about.  How can demoncraps be so stupid?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]

...but who hunts with an Ak no one.
Well, the 7.62 and the .308 are nearly identical and are used to hunt plenty of animals - deer, boar, etc. While the "AK" looking rifle may not be seen slung over every hunter's shoulder, I'm sure there are plenty that have used them, including me. So,yes people use an "AK" to hunt with.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]

rfkrfk (1000+ posts)    
Response to Reply #2

3. Guns?
In a time of war and economic down fall my guns are the last thing I am worried about

OMFG.... Someones priorities are FUCKED!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

rfkrfk (1000+ posts)    
Response to Reply #2

3. Guns?
In a time of war and economic down fall my guns are the last thing I am worried about

He is a demoncrap he is probably more worried about having sufficient supply of anal lube.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, the 7.62 and the .308 are nearly identical and are used to hunt plenty of animals - deer, boar, etc. While the "AK" looking rifle may not be seen slung over every hunter's shoulder, I'm sure there are plenty that have used them, including me. So,yes people use an "AK" to hunt with.  

I regularly dispatch hogs with my AK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I regularly dispatch hogs with my AK.

I've killed 87 animals with my AK!!!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#10]

i love how liberal administrations pass laws that ban certain types of weapons and calibers for hunting use, then they turn around and justify a bigger ban with the fact that "nobody hunts with an AK."

hey, asshole, that's because you made it ILLEGAL!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a lot of crap on DU but there are some pro-gunners in the "GUN" topic forum.  The pro-gun libs give some strong arguments.
Ya'll should check it out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Can you believe someone thinks Gore is viable?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Uh, not really equal.  About as equal as 5.56 NATO and a .22 Hornet are equal.  A 123 grain bullet at 2300 FPS does not equal a 150 grain bullet at 2800 FPS.

But the 7.62x39 is closer to say a .30-30...even though a 123 grain bullet in a .30-30 will go about 2600 FPS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

How did we let the right to bear arms become associated with hunting? What does hunting have to do with the right of Americans to own guns? Why did we allow people to develop the mindset that hunting is the only legitimate reason for owning guns?

I CAN'T FUCKING STAND IT!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well, the 7.62 and the .308 are nearly identical  

Ummm....no.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

How did we let the right to bear arms become associated with hunting? What does hunting have to do with the right of Americans to own guns? Why did we allow people to develop the mindset that hunting is the only legitimate reason for owning guns?

+pie
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]
You're all focused not on what he's saying but how he's saying it. You are not going to convince people like this. Just accept they are the enemy. Domestic enemies. And one day we will either treat them as such or get bent over the table.

That decision is not left to them, it is left to us.

They won't stop, ever, until we kick their ass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]
And while I am at it, I have shot 2 deer and a bear with my AK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
7.62x39 is not equal to a .308

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Nearly identical as in physical SIZE not Power.

87 lashes with a wet noodle for not being clear in my post!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Who fucking cares?

Don't even answer the fucking argument. It's fucking horseshit. Don't even give it one fucking ounce of credibility for one single fucking second. The second amendment right to bear arms and the constitutional rights of almost every state have absolfuckinglutely nothing to do with hunting. It's stupidity to try argue that this gun or that gun could be used for hunting because hunting is irrfuckingrelevant. You don't have to justify owning an AK47 by saying that you hunt with it, because hunting has nothing to do with the right to keep and bear arms. Learn it, live it, never give in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The reason guns are a "low priority" in hard times for democrats lies at the base of their belief system.  That base is that you don't really need any form of personal preparedness, protection, or responsibility because a good liberal government will do all this for you.

You mean that what they will do is:

[hildebeast]  "We're going to take things from you for the common good."  [/hildebeast]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#24]
The 2nd amendment is not about hunting squirrels.

The second amendment is about the ultimate right to defend your life and your rights from people who want to take them away.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The 2nd amendment is not about hunting squirrels.

The second amendment is about the ultimate right to defend your life and your rights from people who want to take them away.

Absofuckinglutely right! Hunting is completely irrelevant to the right to own a gun and any aspect of the hunting argument should be quashed the very instant that it is brought up. There is no point in discussing hunting with regards to the rights of the people to keep and bear arms, because the two nothing to do with each other.

I hope that the person who got the second amendment associated with hunting is suffering in the worst spot of hell right now!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who fucking cares?

Don't even answer the fucking argument. It's fucking horseshit. Don't even give it one fucking ounce of credibility for one single fucking second. The second amendment right to bear arms and the constitutional rights of almost every state have absolfuckinglutely nothing to do with hunting. It's stupidity to try argue that this gun or that gun could be used for hunting because hunting is irrfuckingrelevant. You don't have to justify owning an AK47 by saying that you hunt with it, because hunting has nothing to do with the right to keep and bear arms. Learn it, live it, never give in.

Outfuckingstanding!  I fucking love the fucking use of the fuck word in your fucking response!  To the fucking point!  The fucking idea our fucking founding fathers would give a fuck about inclusion of one fucking amendment to the fucking preservation of hunting abilities is fucking lunacy.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Response to Original message  1. 2008 Choices?

When i look at major elections we need not to look at gun support because lets be honest no politican has the balls to revoke the right to own guns.

Funny, I thought it was because no politician has the POWER to revoke rights.

Funny idea, being able to revoke the rights of others without their consent.  So who are the real fascists?

eta: my eyes are bleeding from the above post.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a pic of a deer with an AK sitting on top of it,if someone wants to post it there
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#30]
You might note that the dude is getting his ass chewed out by pro-RKBA posters.

cold link - http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=118&topic_id=122910
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

Yeah that drives me nuts too.
The one thing you have to remember, it is conditioning, if you repeat something often enough it becomes reality.

Also "he who frames the argument......."

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who fucking cares?

Outfuckingstanding!  I fucking love the fucking use of the fuck word in your fucking response!  To the fucking point!  The fucking idea our fucking founding fathers would give a fuck about inclusion of one fucking amendment to the fucking preservation of hunting abilities is fucking lunacy.

Someones been watching too many Deadwood reruns LOL
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Who needs another post to tell you voteing left will only
get you where you DON'T need to go.

As much as I hate how the Republican party has turned left.....

I will always vote (R).

As much as my contarian nature makes me want to vote for....
WHOMEVER....(R) is the ONLY way to defend gains made.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

As a hunter...

1968 GCA...The Sporter Clause.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#35]
We should use the same argument against SUV’s. As a driver I see no reason for some one to own an SUV.  You can’t argue with stupid people your just wasting your breath! If these people would bother to read; the Constitution, Bill of Rights or the federalist papers. They would know the right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting! It is to protect your rights against the biggest threat to are rights are own government! The founding fathers and the writers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights understood this. It as true today as it was then. As others have posted the banning of firearms is the first step to tyranny.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Nearly identical as in physical SIZE not Power.

87 lashes with a wet noodle for not being clear in my post!

One is 7.62x39 mm, the other is 7.62x51mm.

Not even close. Only bullet diameter is close, that's it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope the Dems put the major pole-smoker I-invented-the-internet Al Gore as the next presidential canidate...
He would be really freakin easy to beat (again), and then we could count on 4 more years of someone that is not a major asshat in the commanders seat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
We should use the same argument against SUV’s. As a driver I see no reason for some one to own an SUV.  You can’t argue with stupid people your just wasting your breath! If these people would bother to read; the Constitution, Bill of Rights or the federalist papers. They would know the right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting! It is to protect your rights against the biggest threat to are rights are own government! The founding fathers and the writers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights understood this. It as true today as it was then. As others have posted the banning of firearms is the first step to tyranny.

The problem is that these people see government as the solution to every problem. They don't think that government will ever turn against them because they put all of their faith and hope in government. They would not, could not believe that their government would ever turn against them (unless a Republican was at the helm).
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There is a lot of crap on DU but there are some pro-gunners in the "GUN" topic forum.  The pro-gun libs give some strong arguments.

NEWSFLASH!!!! THERE ARE NO PRO-GUN DUERS!!! THE ONLY PRO-GUN POSTERS ON DU ARE TROLLS FROM ARFCOM!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You might note that the dude is getting his ass chewed out by pro-RKBA posters.

cold link - http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=118&topic_id=122910

I can't believe what I read. It's almost an echo of this thread. Incredible!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

rfkrfk (1000+ posts)    
Response to Reply #2

3. Guns?

I know you were being sarcastic, but your right His priorities are fucked up.

Once we lose the 2nd the rest will follow, now go back to DU
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]
disregard
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEWSFLASH!!!! THERE ARE NO PRO-GUN DUERS!!! THE ONLY PRO-GUN POSTERS ON DU ARE TROLLS FROM ARFCOM!!!!!

not all of them........
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[size=]NEWSFLASH!!!! THERE ARE NO PRO-GUN DUERS!!! THE ONLY PRO-GUN POSTERS ON DU ARE TROLLS FROM ARFCOM!!!!!

A bunch of them sound really liberal to me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I would be willing to bet that should Hillary run for President, she will openly run with "Common Sense" gun laws in mind.............i.e. Assault Weapons bans, trigger locks, etc,............Shumer and the rest of the idiots wont run in another election without that as their mantra.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll never forget the most telling quote that I read over there:

"There is no room for gun rights in the progressive agenda."

I have no reason to doubt that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[size=]NEWSFLASH!!!! THERE ARE NO PRO-GUN DUERS!!! THE ONLY PRO-GUN POSTERS ON DU ARE TROLLS FROM ARFCOM!!!!!

A bunch of them sound really liberal to me.

They have to play the game to keep themselves from getting banned.  I myself am somewhat liberal (in the classical sense of the word) when it comes to a few issues, and I can freely say that here.  If I even hint that I'm conservative on ANY issue on DU, I'll be banned.  To their credit, they do seem to allow a little "wiggle room" on RKBA issues, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
To quote a famous American icon, "What a ultra maroon!"

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Who fucking cares?

FUCKIN' A  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top