Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 1:05:09 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=956840

Most of the responses are muttering junk about how they are Hitler youth, smarmy assholes, etc.
But one response just blew my mind:

SOS  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-24-03 04:09 PM
Response to Original message

28. And very poor businessmen

From the article:

"Organizers charge white students $1 for a cookie, while blacks and other minorities pay 25 to 95 cents. "

Black students should buy ALL the cookies for 25c each and sell them, at a table down the hall, to everyone regardless of race for 50c.

That way the Black students can send a positive message, double their money and drive the twits out of business.

Sadly, these two business geniuses will someday have their Dad install them into management positions.

That's the point!  They are trying to tell you that is what AA is doing to "nonminorities"!
Poor DU twits.  Sometimes I almost feel sorry for them
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:52:25 PM EDT
"Double the price and drive the twits out of business?"

Thats a new one on me. From my MBA and business experience, you don't compete well when you offer the same product at twice the price as your competitor....

Oh! This is from DU.  LGB slaps forehead....
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:01:38 PM EDT
WOW, that's some breath-taking cluelessness.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:09:43 PM EDT
You've heard of FUBU shirts? For Us, By Us?

How about a tee shirt with FUDU? [;D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:15:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 3:16:08 PM EDT by raven]
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:
You've heard of FUBU shirts? For Us, By Us?

How about a tee shirt with FUDU? [;D]
View Quote

Oh god that's good [:D] That'll be my next troll account name.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 3:47:37 PM EDT by LoginName]
Actually, if they did buy the cookies at .25c each and doubled the price, they *could* make money. They'd lose money selling to other blacks and minorities, but they'd make money selling to whites. The determining factor would depend on the racial and ethnic percentage of the campus.

In other DU funnies... I noticed earlier today that they were ripping Fineswine apart... although for decidedly different reasons than people here would (no mention of the AWB).

(edited for clarification: by losing money/making money I should have posted fewer sales/more sales).
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:37:24 PM EDT
Here you go

7. as far as "sales" go, I bet the fact that white males make more money

never enters their tiny little conservative minds

View Quote

I know several minoritiea at my job that make more than me. You know why? Because they have more education than me. Mabye if people in the ghetto stopped feeling sorry for themselves and tried to improve their surroundings they could make something out of themselves. What if people in the bad area of town stopped spending all theri money on mad dog 40/40 and weed they could use it to improve their lifes, just like a black guy I work with did. He grew up in Philly in the very bad part of town and put himselve through college. I grew up in a rich white family but joined the military. This guy makes about 5k more a year than me. Ugh their are so many what-if's its not funny.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 6:19:13 PM EDT by ARDOC]
All minorities are not equal.  The University of Michigan announced new scholarships and grant money for minorities when I was there.  I got all excited and went to apply at the fincial aid office.  They looked at me and said I was the wrong kind of minority.  I said there are more of some them me.  Technically I am a minority since I am outnumbered.  They didnt like that and refused to take me application.  The next week they had sign that read, under-represented minorities only.  

Some white students did run a bagel sale.  If you were white or asian you paid $1.  Blacks and Hispanics only had to pay $.50.  We just sent our black buddy to buy the bagels!  But the admissions criteria that they used was a travesty. To this day I will not donate money to them.  I give to the athletic department that give me so much joy and to the School of Public Health that bent over backwards to help me when I was a student and make my life better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:55:37 PM EDT
AA *WAS* a good idea, to help those that REALLY needed some help to compensate for decades of abuse and discrimination.

Now it’s a lot like the “reparations” for slavery.  Sorry bud.  It’s been 30+ years of handouts and cuts to the head of the line to compete on a more level playing field.  The time for this bullshit is past.

Time to go back to TRUE merit based programs and hiring.  There should be NO places on ANY form (except the census) for race or ethnicity or even sex.  An ID number only.  No way to slant things in favor of ANYTHING other than what’s important.

People haven’t BEGUN to see the “Angry White Man” syndrome yet.  As jobs keep going offshore and people find they start losing jobs and benefits CLEARLY because they are the “wrong” race there is going to be some sort of backlash at this insanity.
Top Top