Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2002 9:47:45 AM EDT
These folks are complete boobs.  

Basically a co-worker made joke about shooting a computer.  The person that he made the comment to considered it a thread and spoke to he boss indicating that the co-worker may have a concealed gun and had made a threat.

Bad joke, maybe threat, no way.

cold link

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1315.html#1
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm shocked that a few people in that thread actually GET IT regarding concealed carry!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I like "hamsterdance".

Anyone know if he posts here?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Odd...

So many pro-CCW posts (comparitively, at the start) on such a liberal website...

I love that one guy's sarcastic VPC quote sig line...

"If a violent criminal confronts you..."
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#7]
"Pack Heat"????  WTF is that?  Does he have a campfire in his pocket?

Another thing.  What state does "Junkdrawer" live in where more than 50% of the adult population has a CCW permit.  Anyone on here that has a valid account with DU that can view this person's profile?

Here in Florida we have 12,336,038 adults over the age of 18 (2000 census) and 430,733 total licensees of all types as of 10/31/02 (Private Investigators, Armed security guards, ect.)

These figures show that only .35% of adults have a CCW permit in Florida - one of the most prolific "shall carry" states.

Edited to add - she lives in Allegheny County, PA.  I'll have to check the records for them but the figure will not even be anywhere near 50%.

Good job on our members holding up the RKBA end on DU.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Odd...

So many pro-CCW posts (comparitively, at the start) on such a liberal website...
View Quote

Heh. I've been a member here longer than I've been one there.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's how he responded to that:

Not in the state, in my area...
Several years ago it was 1 in 7. After 9-11, the application line wrapped around the block and more clerks were hired. I thought it was now about 25% and my manager (a target shooter) said he thought he read it was 60% or more.
Here's an old article:

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20000308gene.asp[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of those people are unbelievable PUSSIES.

But if someone threatened to shoot a gun at my computer, or in my general direction, and I think that was a bald threat, I'd tell the head of security for the company just what happened and just what he said. If I were feeling ballsy, I might even tell the guy that he had just crossed way over the line and that he better be careful with such nonsense. But it's not my job and it's not my life I'm talking about.
View Quote

Obviously I don't know everything about your situation, but if I were
in your place, I'd quit immediately and find another job. But I do understand you probably need it...the thing is, this guy sounds like a very dangerous wacked-out jerk and I wouldn't wanna be anywhere close to him. Just think about the several dozen instances where pissed-off employees have gone 'postal' the last 10 years or so. Better safe than sor....er, dead. I can't even begin to imagine anybody stupid/crazy enough to pack a weapon to work, unless he's a cop. But that's just my opinion (and I WAS a cop, working my way through college.)
View Quote

That's as many as I'm posting...I can't read that crap anymore.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like "hamsterdance".

Anyone know if he posts here?
View Quote

I agree, [url]http://www.hampsterdance.com/[/url] has got to be the coolest site on earth.  Also, my submarine is filled with eels!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I have worked in IT for quite a while...

Wanting to violently destroy certain pieces of equipment, and joking about it, is very common and normal (throw it out the window, shoot it, blow it up, hit it with a sledgehammer (there's even a cartoon of a duck sledging a PC most IT people have seen at one time or another), etc)...

These guys are oversensitive... Wait... That's right... They're LIBERALS!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
That site makes me want to scream and shower, in that order.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#14]
To DU, I person who wants a CCW is "paranoid," yet a person who thinks all gun owners want to shoot them, or that a gun in a safe will sneak out on its own and shoot them, is "reasonable."

Hah!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top