Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 4:04:57 PM EDT
I'm in the process of filing for the USDOJ Public Safety Officers' Benefits program:

https://www.bja.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?Program_ID=78

Would any of you Cops, Fire, EMTs know of anybody who filed under the Disability chapter, and were successful?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:29:38 PM EDT
Talks more about a LODD than anything. I am guessing that isn't your case

What is "catastrophically injured"?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:26:16 PM EDT
March 24, 2004, I blew out the two lowest discs in my spine while #1 thru the door performing a cell extraction on a dangerous inmate.  Two man cell, human battering ram, became a heap between the welded iron bunk and the combination basin/commode.  Two deputies tried to go over top of me to put hands on the inmate, while I was trying to maintain control of the Taser.  450lbs on my upper back, while crunched over at a bad angle, half deflated L5/L6, L6/S1 was herniated from the tip of my thumb to the first joint.   Had a double vertebra spinal fusion, unsuccessful, keep doping me up to kill the pain is all they can do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:30:44 PM EDT
My lawyer is doing all that work for me so I can't really help you with that.  Keep asking around in your area, someone should know or get a lawyer that works with PSO's to help guide.  They're out there but I had to ask a few times to get it.
Top Top