Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2018 8:21:44 AM EDT
Let me start by saying I work for the Philly FD. 24+ years on the job. We work a 4 on, 4 off schedule.

Today I woke up at 0530. Showered, shaved, put on my uni, went down and had breakfast. Brushed my teeth then it's off to the firehouse.

I get in early. Anywhere form 0630 to o645. I'm driving this tour, so I took the other driver's gear off. While doing this a guy from another platoon (we have 4)
showed up and asked me what I'm doing there. I told him it's my first day work. I pulled the truck outside, all the while he's filming me with his cell phone. It was then that I realized I'm due back tomorrow, not today.

I pulled the truck back inside, then came home. I did get a call from my Captain busting my balls about working OT today.

It will be entertainment for months (or even years) at my FH.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya that’ll be batted around the kitchen table for a bit!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That's worst then me.  I was a Volunteer Fire/Emt running a lot of calls and working OT for the NJ DOC.
I came home from work and laid down at about 1500. I woke up in a panic due to it being 5: 20 on my clock. I ran out to the car and drove to work to be there by Lineup at 0600. 1/2 way there I was trying to figure out why it was getting darker and not lighter.  I pulled over when I got there and watched who was around. AHA, I'm a dumb ass and it is really 1755 and not 0555. At least no one saw me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive done that a couple times at my last facility.  Walked into the locker room, start gearing up and the supervisor comes in and gives me a funny look with "what are you doing"?  "Just getting ready for my shift".  "Your're off for 2 more days".......silence......uuuuggggggghhhhhhhh.

But I will say, its better than thinking youre off and not showing up
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's worst then me.  I was a Volunteer Fire/Emt running a lot of calls and working OT for the NJ DOC.
I came home from work and laid down at about 1500. I woke up in a panic due to it being 5: 20 on my clock. I ran out to the car and drove to work to be there by Lineup at 0600. 1/2 way there I was trying to figure out why it was getting darker and not lighter.  I pulled over when I got there and watched who was around. AHA, I'm a dumb ass and it is really 1755 and not 0555. At least no one saw me.
View Quote
I'm not a fireman, but I've done that on a couple occasions!

Too much work. Not enough quality sleep.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
So the other drive shot video instead of just saying you was in on the wrong day?
What a Dick...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top