Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/6/2018 8:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2018 8:26:46 AM EDT by joelad]
Let me start by saying I work for the Philly FD. 24+ years on the job. We work a 4 on, 4 off schedule.

Today I woke up at 0530. Showered, shaved, put on my uni, went down and had breakfast. Brushed my teeth then it's off to the firehouse.

I get in early. Anywhere form 0630 to o645. I'm driving this tour, so I took the other driver's gear off. While doing this a guy from another platoon (we have 4)
showed up and asked me what I'm doing there. I told him it's my first day work. I pulled the truck outside, all the while he's filming me with his cell phone. It was then that I realized I'm due back tomorrow, not today.

I pulled the truck back inside, then came home. I did get a call from my Captain busting my balls about working OT today.

It will be entertainment for months (or even years) at my FH.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:19:36 AM EDT
Ya that’ll be batted around the kitchen table for a bit!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:22:06 PM EDT
That's worst then me. I was a Volunteer Fire/Emt running a lot of calls and working OT for the NJ DOC.
I came home from work and laid down at about 1500. I woke up in a panic due to it being 5: 20 on my clock. I ran out to the car and drove to work to be there by Lineup at 0600. 1/2 way there I was trying to figure out why it was getting darker and not lighter. I pulled over when I got there and watched who was around. AHA, I'm a dumb ass and it is really 1755 and not 0555. At least no one saw me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:12:11 AM EDT
Ive done that a couple times at my last facility. Walked into the locker room, start gearing up and the supervisor comes in and gives me a funny look with "what are you doing"? "Just getting ready for my shift". "Your're off for 2 more days".......silence......uuuuggggggghhhhhhhh.

But I will say, its better than thinking youre off and not showing up
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:13:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pr24guy:
That's worst then me. I was a Volunteer Fire/Emt running a lot of calls and working OT for the NJ DOC.
I came home from work and laid down at about 1500. I woke up in a panic due to it being 5: 20 on my clock. I ran out to the car and drove to work to be there by Lineup at 0600. 1/2 way there I was trying to figure out why it was getting darker and not lighter. I pulled over when I got there and watched who was around. AHA, I'm a dumb ass and it is really 1755 and not 0555. At least no one saw me.
View Quote
I'm not a fireman, but I've done that on a couple occasions!

Too much work. Not enough quality sleep.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:28:59 AM EDT
So the other drive shot video instead of just saying you was in on the wrong day?
What a Dick...
Top Top