Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 7:31:43 AM EDT
Democratic National Committee Website
"The Democratic Party is partnering with MoveOn.org, People for the American Way, Campaign for America's Future, and dozens of other groups representing millions of Americans to organize a massive public mobilization."

How much longer will this be up on the the DNC website - probably not for long.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Kerry hires online chief from MoveOn

John Kerry has hired an Internet-savvy Democrat to run his presidential campaign's online communications, a move that raises new questions about the link between his campaign and the independent groups that run TV ads on his behalf.

Zach Exley, the director of special projects for the MoveOn PAC, is going to the Kerry campaign to become its director of online communications and organization.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...  Does this mean they will STFU about the supposed Swift Boat/Bush connection???

Naw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Wednesday, August 25, 2004
FACT SHEET: Top 10 Connections Between John Kerry And 527s

Former Kerry Campaign Manager Jim Jordan Founded Thunder Road Group, A Consulting Firm Representing America Coming Together, The Media Fund And America Votes. "Jim Jordan, a Winston-Salem native, was fired as John Kerry's presidential campaign manager in November…. Now he has started his own consulting firm, called Thunder Road Group. The firm is representing America Coming Together, the Media Fund, and America Votes, all pro-Democratic 527 political organizations gearing up for the 2004 election." ("People," National Journal, 2/28/04)

Harold Ickes Is A Member Of DNC's Executive Committee And Head Of The Media Fund And Chief Of Staff To America Coming Together. Ickes "Admits That He Occasionally Tells The Kerry Camp What He's Up To, And He Insists It's Perfectly Legal." (Jim Drinkard, "'Outside' Political Groups Full Of Party Insiders," USA Today, 6/28/04; Paula Dwyer, "Why 527 Is The Dems' Lucky Number," BusinessWeek Online, 7/28/04)

MoveOn.org's Zack Exley Joined Kerry Campaign As Director Of Online Communications And Organizing. (Sharon Theimer, "MoveOn Staffer Moves On To Kerry Campaign," The Associated Press, 4/7/04)

Bob Bauer Of Perkins Coie Is Legal Counsel To Both Kerry Campaign And America Coming Together (ACT). (Jim Rutenberg And Kate Zernike, "Veteran's Group Had GOP Lawyer," The New York Times, 8/25/04)

Kerry Campaign Paid Bauer's Law Firm, Perkins Coie, $360,244.28 For Legal Services And Other Expenses. (Federal Election Commission Records, www.fec.gov, Accessed 8/5/04)

America Coming Together (ACT) Paid Bauer's Law Firm, Perkins Coie, $176,732 For Legal Services And Other Expenses. (Political Money Line Website, www.tray.com, Accessed 8/5/04)

Joe Sandler Is General Counsel To DNC While Serving As Legal Counsel To 527s MoveOn.org And Moving America Forward. (Jonathan Groner, "Power Punch," Legal Times, 4/26/04)

Erik Smith Is The Media Fund's Executive Director And Worked With Steve Elmendorf, Kerry's Deputy Campaign Manager, On Dick Gephardt's Presidential Campaign. (Jim VandeHei, "Kerry Expected To Emerge From Battle Stronger Than Ever," The Washington Post, 3/3/04)

Minyon Moore, A Kerry Campaign Consultant, Serves On Executive Committee Of America Coming Together. (Glen Johnson, "Kerry To Press 'Environmental Justice,'" The Boston Globe, 4/22/03; Lisa Getter, "Kerry Aided By 'Illegal' Soft Money, GOP Claims," Los Angeles Times, 4/1/04)

Media Fund Ad Consultant Bill Knapp Hired By Kerry Campaign. (Thomas B. Edsall, "Shifting The Money So The Votes Will Follow," The Washington Post, 5/11/04)

Former ACT Employee Rodney Shelton Hired As Kerry's Arkansas State Director. (Michael R. Wickline, "Arkansan To Head Kerry's State Effort," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 6/22/04)

Kerry's New Mexico Caucus Director, Geri Prado, Is Leading ACT's GOTV Effort In That State. (Michael Finnegan, "Kerry's Low Profile May Cost Crucial Latino Votes," Los Angeles Times, 5/3/04)

Don't Forget The Dewey Square Group Provides Political Consulting Services For Both Kerry Campaign And America Coming Together (ACT).

Kerry Campaign Has Paid Dewey Square Group $194,936.48 For Political Consulting And Other Expenses. (Federal Election Commission Records, www.fec.gov, Accessed 8/5/04)

America Coming Together (ACT) Has Paid Dewey Square Group $51,808 For Political Consulting And Other Expenses. (Political Money Line Website, www.tray.com, Accessed 8/5/04)

At Least Four Kerry Advisors Are Associated With Dewey Square Group: Michael Whouley, Jill Alper, Minyon Moore And Joe Ricca. (Glen Johnson, "Kerry To Press 'Environmental Justice,'" The Boston Globe, 4/22/03; Dewey Square Group Website, http://www.deweysquare.com/, Accessed 2/5/04; Peter Grier, "How Kerry Turned The Corner," Christian Science Monitor, 2/5/04; Glen Johnson and John Aloysius Farrell, "Kerry's New-Look Campaign Relies On A Few Key Players," The Boston Globe, 1/9/03)

And Michael Meehan, Now A Communications Advisor To Kerry, Was Hired By NARAL In 2003 To "Oversee Its Vastly Expanded Soft-Money Operation." His Hiring Was "Billed As A Two-Month Leave From His Job As Political Director Of NARAL." (Carol Beggy and Mark Shanahan, "Names," The Boston Globe, 11/21/03; Chris Cillizza, "NARAL Plans Big '04 Effort," Roll Call, 5/8/03)

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#6]
The Kerry campaign is now claiming that they never said they weren't connected to MoveOn so they aren't doing anything wrong.  But since Bush claimed not to be connected to the SwiftVets and they claim to have shown that he is, that Bush is no wrong for lying.

Remember this is coming two days after Kerry himself blamed Bush for using "front groups" to do his dirty work and said that he would never do such a thing.  Now they are claiming they are and when questioned on it they say "So what.  It's not illegal."
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Isn;t that than a violation of campaign finance laws, kind like they were bitching about the swift boat guys and a connection to the bush campaign.

I mean really if they are partners with these groups than any ad done by them(since they all pretty much directly attack the president) will soon be illegal under the CFR law right? I really don't know much about the CFR law so thats why I ask.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Dosent matter -- it will take 8 months for ANY action on an FEC complaint and Kerrys camp knows it --election over by that time -who cares?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"The Democratic Party is partnering with MoveOn.org, People for the American Way, Campaign for America's Future, and dozens of other groups representing millions of Americans to organize a massive public mobilization."

Not there now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not there now.

Look at the very bottom of the page, right below the "Action Center".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why would they move it, there is going to be no outcry over anything the democrats do. They could condone Mass murder, and CNN would report that while investigating unfounded claims against the democratic nominee, they had discovered that GW Bush went AWOL while in the guard.

Abortion is already condoned by the Demz.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Bush has called McCain about the CFR this morning or last night.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not there now.

Look at the very bottom of the page, right below the "Action Center".

Oops!  Me very blind.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not there now.

Just checked, its there, down at the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
images.snapfish.com/33%3B676%3B923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B8%3B%3D833%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3B7783264ot1lsi

Can someone tell me how that Leno quote
is even remotely funny? Is this the level
of humor on late night network TV?

I guess I'm used to more clever fare from
cable, like the Daily Show...

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not there now.

Just checked, its there, down at the bottom of the page.

I found it by searching for "move".

And this info proved usefull in a blog internet debate on the Reason website . . .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, THAT'S certainly a big fuckin' surprise.  

Not.

SG
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Somebody email that to Bill O'Reilly!

I know, I know...He is an asshat...but you know damned well he would jump ALL OVER this, which will bring attention to it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]

More Democrap....

Can you spell "Double Standard"?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Somebody email that to Bill O'Reilly!

I know, I know...He is an asshat...but you know damned well he would jump ALL OVER this, which will bring attention to it.

I did email it to foxnews, I didnt email it to oreilly.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Info emailed to O'Reilly.  For the children.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Am I reading that right on that screenshot? Does it say "tax give away" ??? What the hell are these people thinking. Taxes aren't given away. The are only TAKEN or CUT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top