Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/13/2009 8:38:27 AM EDT
I believe that the buzzing sound that my TV makes from time to time is the color wheel going out. Colors seem ok but it is a "bandsaw" type sound as described online. If I am not mistaken there are only three moving parts inside.

- Lamp cooling fan

- DMD? cooling fan (small)

- color wheel

I can tell its not the DMD fan since the noise whines down and goes away right when I turn the set off and that fan keeps spinning for a bit. What I don't know is if the lamp fan stays on for a short time too. I believe it does I just can't see it like I can the other fan.

So the question is, does the lamp cooling fan stay on for a short time on a DLP? If so then its certainly the color wheel. I will then order one up and do the replacement myself.

**Please don't turn this into a "DLP's suck and have parts that go out and my LCD/plasma will never have issues" thread.**
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:31:17 PM EDT
What brand/model#?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:06:23 PM EDT
Its a Samsung HL-R5067W

So I did the color wheel replacement this morning. The part# listed online is BP96-00674A and that is even the part the website showed. However when you get it you'll notice the part # is BP61-01687A

Not sure why its different but I called them to make sure it was ok and they said that it is correct. So far so good. The older wheel certainly has wear n tear on it.

Top Top