Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2009 8:38:27 AM EDT
I believe that the buzzing sound that my TV makes from time to time is the color wheel going out. Colors seem ok but it is a "bandsaw" type sound as described online. If I am not mistaken there are only three moving parts inside.

- Lamp cooling fan

- DMD? cooling fan (small)

- color wheel

I can tell its not the DMD fan since the noise whines down and goes away right when I turn the set off and that fan keeps spinning for a bit. What I don't know is if the lamp fan stays on for a short time too. I believe it does I just can't see it like I can the other fan.

So the question is, does the lamp cooling fan stay on for a short time on a DLP? If so then its certainly the color wheel. I will then order one up and do the replacement myself.

**Please don't turn this into a "DLP's suck and have parts that go out and my LCD/plasma will never have issues" thread.**
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand/model#?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a Samsung HL-R5067W

So I did the color wheel replacement this morning. The part# listed online is BP96-00674A and that is even the part the website showed. However when you get it you'll notice the part # is BP61-01687A

Not sure why its different but I called them to make sure it was ok and they said that it is correct. So far so good. The older wheel certainly has wear n tear on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top