Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/11/2007 4:20:21 PM EDT
Ok i have done quite afew dinner pics and i just see them in GD.

Why dont we have a tacked spot for Dinner pics. I mean alot of people go through the trouble to do a cool dinner pic for about 15 to 20 people comment and it fade into GD discusion.

What i mean is post you dinner pic in GD and let every one comment and a day latter after it has faded, post it in the "dinner pic" area, much like the AR pic area where its just pics and no talky talky.

I bet that everyone that did a dinner pic has it saved and it would be very cool to see all thouse years of pics in one place.

What do you guys think???
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:23:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JTuckett: What do you guys think???

I have gas
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:27:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Shrike9:

Originally Posted By JTuckett: What do you guys think???

I have gas

Hey that your problem I just thought that it would be cool to go and take a look alot of cool dinner pics over the years.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:28:01 PM EDT
Nah, I don't think it's needed.

The outstanding dinner pics, and the really weird ones, will be around for a good while on their own merit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:28:27 PM EDT
Sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:28:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ScoutOut:
Sounds like a good idea.

+2
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:30:35 PM EDT
+3
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:31:57 PM EDT
I think that's a good idea. Instead of posting dinner pics in general discussion, how about we start putting them in HERE. It wouldn't get bumped to the bottom as quick...Like Mine did

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 4:59:56 PM EDT
i asked that same question before and it still hasnt happened so im sure it never will

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=588253
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:05:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Quintin:
Nah, I don't think it's needed.

The outstanding dinner pics, and the really weird ones, will be around for a good while on their own merit.

+1

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:10:20 PM EDT
i didnt even know we had a food forum.

everyone comes ot the GD for the quick publicity of things and gets immediate response. It sucks, but thats how we are (lazy fucks mainly), and few members venture into many various subforums.

tack'd dinner pic thread? nah. pointless and if its worthwhile it will live. if your stuff is dropping off fast, i suggest some witty titles and text in the thread, along with exceptional food + a nice display of it and the other needed items.

16oz T-Bone thats around 1.5" thick (rarer the better, more points if it still mooo's) with potato, salad, bread and a nice beer will get points.

goolash or some other "looks like its already been eaten" mush isn't going to do anything for anyone.

hrmm, i think i need to do a dinner pic monday or so....
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:11:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gengomerpyle:
i asked that same question before and it still hasnt happened so im sure it never will

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=588253

Well we just have to keep at it.

I got this replie from Feral (mod) in the Food and Recipes section...............

Go ahead and give it a try.......post a "how I make this meal post" here, complete with pics and explanation, then post the standard "dinner pic" in GD or Team with a link to your thread here.

If it becomes popular, maybe it'll be tack-worthy. -Feral
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:14:04 PM EDT
Tacked Dinner pic thread?

MAKE IT SO!

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:18:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BrandonB:

everyone comes ot the GD for the quick publicity of things and gets immediate response. It sucks, but thats how we are (lazy fucks mainly), and few members venture into many various subforums.

tack'd dinner pic thread? nah. pointless and if its worthwhile it will live. if your stuff is dropping off fast, i suggest some witty titles and text in the thread, along with exceptional food + a nice display of it and the other needed items.

16oz T-Bone thats around 1.5" thick (rarer the better, more points if it still mooo's) with potato, salad, bread and a nice beer will get points.

goolash or some other "looks like its already been eaten" mush isn't going to do anything for anyone.

Well most people take the time for a good dinner pic on the weekends or when they have time to do it.

I cant count how many times there has been a thread where some one says show us your dinner pics and it goes a few pages and then peters out.

How many times have you gone to the AR pic thread just to look at all the pics and get some ideas on a new build???

Well you could go to the Dinner pic tacked thread and gets some ideas for supper of lunch.

I am amazed at the variaty of food around the States, i just think it would be cool to have a tacked thread in the Food and Recipe area.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:24:37 PM EDT
Now there would have to be rules in the tacked dinner pic thread.

#1 Pic of meal (duh)

#2 Recipe of the meal for EVERY thing you have cooked

#3 Just as the old dinner pics you must have food and guns

#4 Now this is the part that some of you will not like...............If you want to put things like staplers and tape measures thats up to you, BUT no comments on it unless its in the UN tacked GD area.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:36:45 PM EDT
Six months to about a year ago, there was a "Best Of" dinner pics thread. It was really good.

I wonder if it's still around? I don't recall the title.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:22:08 AM EDT
Bump for the daywalkers
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:33:14 AM EDT
In the years to come we could all look back at the actual food we ate and the guns sitting there and compare them to the food capsuls and plasma guns in the 40w range

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:10:26 PM EDT
I posted this in GD how did it get moved???
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:28:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JTuckett:

Originally Posted By BrandonB:

Well most people take the time for a good dinner pic on the weekends or when they have time to do it.

I cant count how many times there has been a thread where some one says show us your dinner pics and it goes a few pages and then peters out.

How many times have you gone to the AR pic thread just to look at all the pics and get some ideas on a new build???

Well you could go to the Dinner pic tacked thread and gets some ideas for supper of lunch.

I am amazed at the variaty of food around the States, i just think it would be cool to have a tacked thread in the Food and Recipe area.
Ya know, I'll redact my comment, because now (posted new din pic thread) I wish there was a forum or a tacked thread.
Top Top