Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:54:19 AM EDT
Local Yoot - I hope and pray he suffers.

Kevin Watts, scheduled to be executed Thursday for the 2002 triple homicide at Sam Won Garden restaurant on the Northeast Side, has apologized to his victims' families but said he does not deserve to die.

In a jailhouse interview eight days before his scheduled execution, Watts said that after five years in prison he is not ready to face death.

“Sometimes it feels like I just got here yesterday, and other times it's like I've been here forever,” he said from Texas' death row in Livingston on Wednesday.

Watts was convicted in February 2003 of the execution-style shootings of restaurant manager Hak Po Kim, 30, and employees Chae Sun Shook, 59, and Yuan Tzu Banks, 52, along with the kidnapping and rape of Kim's wife.

Lawyers on both sides of the case said that with such compelling evidence against Watts, his appeals sped through the system.

“There weren't a whole lot of issues to decide,” said defense attorney John Economidy, who represented Watts through the appeals process. “It's what lawyers call a clean trial.”

It was a crime that shocked the city because of its brutality and shook San Antonio's small, tightknit Korean community.

On March 1, 2002, the then-21-year-old Watts, by his own admission, entered the restaurant carrying an automatic pistol to get some “fast money.” He ordered Kim, Banks and Shook to get on their knees in the kitchen, then shot each of them in the head.

Kim and Shook died at the restaurant. Banks died at Brooke Army Medical Center the next day.

Kim's wife — just two months in America — was forced at gunpoint into her husband's vehicle and taken to an apartment complex. She was sexually assaulted by Watts and another man.

When police caught Watts within hours of the shootings, he had tied around his neck the gun that ballistics tests showed was the one used to kill the restaurant workers.

As Watts sits on death row, his family — along with the families of the victims — is trying to cope with the fallout of his actions.

Calls to the Banks family were not returned, and most of the victims' relatives requested privacy and said they did not want to comment; some cited fear of retaliation.

Watts' family was verbally abusive toward the victims' families in court, and Watts has made public outbursts as well.

One victim's relative spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing safety concerns.

He spoke about the cultural divide between the United States and Korea and about what he viewed as lax American gun laws. In Korea, with very few exceptions, private gun ownership is prohibited.

The relative said this case taught him, “There is freedom for bad and good guys, but no feeling of responsibility for bad guys.”

He added, “No one can understand the misery of these years. No one can help us recover and forget.”

Linda Watts, the condemned man's aunt; Sonia Watts, his cousin; and Tiffany Prince, his girlfriend and the mother of his 8-year-old daughter, all said he took responsibility for his crime. Because of that — along with the mitigating circumstances that he had a rough childhood and was on a litany of drugs at the time of the crime — his life should be spared, they said.

Prince and Sonia Watts both said Kevin Watts was high when he confessed and was not aware of what was going on. Watts claims he was on cocaine, a number of prescription pills and ecstasy. An expert testified Watts was in a cocaine-induced psychosis at the time of the killings.

“We're not saying he's innocent, but we don't think he deserves to die,” Sonia Watts said.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Linda Watts, the condemned man's aunt; Sonia Watts, his cousin; and Tiffany Prince, his girlfriend and the mother of his 8-year-old daughter, all said he took responsibility for his crime. Because of that — along with the mitigating circumstances that he had a rough childhood and was on a litany of drugs at the time of the crime — his life should be spared, they said.

BOO FUCKING HOO
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Boo hoo hoo, Bet the people you killed said that too.

Rape someone else, right there is the min reason I have to see that fucker die.

Should of thought about all this mister rapist killer

Offender information
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Death is too good for him...
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Killing 3 people for a handful of cash?  

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep rape in and of itself is good enough reason to kill the piece of shit.

Slowly.

With a claw hammer.

No such thing as mitigating circumstances in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]

"This is Texas.  If you kill someone here, we will kill you back."

Nice to see he has been on death row for "only" five years.  Better than the 25-30 we normally see.
I think two is more than enough.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yep rape in and of itself is good enough reason to kill the piece of shit.

Slowly.

With a claw hammer.

No such thing as mitigating circumstances in my opinion.

Unfortunately, SCOTUS disagrees.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Long, slow, painful death, accompanied by very specific indiscretions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Watts' family was verbally abusive toward the victims' families in court...

"Stop snitchin', yo! My baby d'in do nuffin'!"

Shitbags. Bet that muthafucka Obama starts getting all kinds of requests for "presidential pardons" from douchenozzles like this. Fuck.

(ETA: I know, this is a state case, not federal. But they'll still try, I bet.)
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Came from California to Texas and committed three murders and a rape.  Maybe he can claim mental retardation.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#12]

“We're not saying he's innocent, but we don't think he deserves to die,” Sonia Watts said.

Oh, really?

Maybe that piece of shit should have thought about all of this before he robbed, killed and raped!  Those innocent victims didn't deserve to die either but they did anyway.

Fry the bastard!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Watts' family was verbally abusive toward the victims' families in court, and Watts has made public outbursts as well.

Oh for fucks sake!  Piece of shit didn't fall far from the tree did he.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.  I hope he burns forever.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Came from California to Texas and committed three murders and a rape.  Maybe he can claim mental retardation.

As long as he dies, I don't care what he claims.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Immediately after sentencing, he should be brought out back and be shot in the back of the head "execution-stle" like those poor Koreans!

Can anybody imagine the pain and insult of the victims' family during those outbursts!? W-T-F!

Dirty rat bastard can't even express sympathy or remorse towards the victims' family.. How the hell does he expect leniency?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I feel like breaking something right now....  so... much... anger.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for fucks sake!  Piece of shit didn't fall far from the tree did he.

can we execute them too please?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#20]
so how do they do it in Texas with this type of case?

I am thinking half assed hits with a one pound ball peen hammer until dead.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

BOO FUCKING HOO

damn straight,,,Texas is just gonna give him the Drug High he couldnt find on his own..
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#22]
It's for animals like him that I feel lethal injection, electrocution, the gas chamber, or even hanging isn't good enough.  Criminals like him should be punished with the same brutality they inflict on their victims.  He should be raped then shot in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Shitbags. Bet that muthafucka Obama starts getting all kinds of requests for "presidential pardons" from douchenozzles like this. Fuck.

I had that very thought this morning.

EVERY black man on death row will be pardoned, I bet.

You know, justice and all that...

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Here he is:

Kevin Watts
Education Level
(Highest Grade Completed)
Grade 09

May he rot in hell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Rick Perry better spare him.

IT WAS THE GUNS FAULT
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#26]
woo hoo!!!!!!

approx 1 hour and counting!!!!!!

I hope they miss his vein and have to try 3 times....like a poorly done electrocution.

die bitch die.

I would piss on his grave if I could.

can you tell I don't really care for this *******************??????
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Watts said that after five years in prison he is not ready to face death.

Better hurry up, one more day to go.

He should get ass raped before he gets the needle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
evin Watts, scheduled to be executed Thursday for the 2002 triple homicide at Sam Won Garden restaurant on the Northeast Side, has apologized to his victims' families but said he does not deserve to die.

In a jailhouse interview eight days before his scheduled execution, Watts said that after five years in prison he is not ready to face death.

“Sometimes it feels like I just got here yesterday, and other times it's like I've been here forever,” he said from Texas' death row in Livingston on Wednesday.

Watts was convicted in February 2003 of the execution-style shootings of restaurant manager Hak Po Kim, 30, and employees Chae Sun Shook, 59, and Yuan Tzu Banks, 52, along with the kidnapping and rape of Kim's wife.

I disagree.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#29]
samir notgonnaworkherenomore //back up in your ass with the resurrection.//samir notgonnaworkherenomore
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Well......Bye.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#31]
My prayers to the victims of this animal. Too bad America doesn't have blood libel-eradication of the gene pool of the animals' clan.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Poor woman is new to the country, sees her husband get gunned down and then the perp takes her back to a buddies apartment where they gang rape her?

Motherfucker needs to be publicly hung.

...and his piece of shit family needs to be burned. Jeering the victim's families in court. The fucking nerve of those cockbags.

I seem to get angrier and angrier every day.

I think I'm starting to see what D-FENS was talkin' bout.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Sometimes I think that execution by fire is a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Scumbag peice of shit.

Someone needs to teach his fucking peice of shit family a lesson too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#36]
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!

fucking die allready..

ARRRGGHH
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I say burnt or extra crispy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
woo hoo!!!!!!

approx 1 hour and counting!!!!!!

I hope they miss his vein and have to try 3 times....like a poorly done electrocution.

die bitch die.

I would piss on his grave if I could.

can you tell I don't really care for this *******************??????

Heck tell me where they bury his ass  and when I'm on vacaction I'll shit on his grave
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Is he dead yet? I remember hearing about this when it happened. I have a girl-friend who used to live kinda close to the restaraunt where it happened. It finally convinced her to buy a piece,I taught her how to shoot it and everything.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Poor woman is new to the country, sees her husband get gunned down and then the perp takes her back to a buddies apartment where they gang rape her?

Motherfucker needs to be publicly hung.

...and his piece of shit family needs to be burned. Jeering the victim's families in court. The fucking nerve of those cockbags.

I seem to get angrier and angrier every day.

I think I'm starting to see what D-FENS was talkin' bout.

I've been an advocate for public hangings for sometime.  Yes its rude, crude and very difficult to accessorize the right type of outfit for hanging day BUT it does seem to send a clear message to all who witness this is what we do when you __________ fill in the blank.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't say what I would do to him if it was my family. I hope his trip to hell is quick.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Does he think bitching is going to get him out of the death penalty?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Sometimes I think that execution by fire is a good idea.

Fed to starving feral pigs or bears.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Is he dead yet? I remember hearing about this when it happened. I have a girl-friend who used to live kinda close to the restaraunt where it happened. It finally convinced her to buy a piece,I taught her how to shoot it and everything.

Kevin Watts is scheduled for execution on October 16, 2008.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here: this will make you feel better.

Yes it did

Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Should televise it. I would pay to see him go down. Lethal injection is way too good for people like him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Even before I clicked on his info and picture, I knew he was another damned Canadian.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Execute him, and leave him just outside of town for the buzzards to pick on his rotting corpse.  Someplace within view of a local highway.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Prince and Sonia Watts both said Kevin Watts was high when he confessed and was not aware of what was going on. Watts claims he was on cocaine, a number of prescription pills and ecstasy. An expert testified Watts was in a cocaine-induced psychosis at the time of the killings.

So, he took responsibility ..but he was high and didn't know what was going on when he confessed?

Sonia and Tiffany ought to join him.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top