Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 2:11:54 PM EDT
I have a Dell Axim PDA..for the most part I like it.  When I purchased it last year I got the GPS option and use it all the time.  Well, I broke the car charger that goes with the PDA / GPS transmitter / receiver thing.  No big deal I though..just call up Dell parts and get a new one.  

Long story short..the GPS unit I received is the CANADIAN model!  Dell has NO idea how the hell I got the one they sell in Canada and the only record they have is selling it to me.  The Service Tag number they look everything up with is not even showing up for my GPS.  So, they can't tell me if it is under warranty, what the hell it is, or even tell me how to fix the problem.

I am the one that did the research and found out it was Canadian.  So, I finally..after spending hours..yes, I mean hours! on the phone with several people from India with names like Jeff, Scott, Pam...etc... I finally get someone who speaks English..and he was from Texas!  Yes, I thought I had it made...I was on the phone with the guy from Texas for about 1.5 hours...the dude tried everything to help me and to no avail.  Hey..at least he spoke English and I thanked him for trying and thanked him for speaking English..he got a kick out of that.

So, I now have a number that is supposed to connect me to Dell Canada.  It doesn't as it somehow checks the number calling and transfers it to India (by my math you get someone from the USA about 1 out of 20 calls)  

I need an F-ing charger for my GPS unit and PDA in one unit...like a Y cable / splitter with two diff type chargers.  Yes, I could go to Radio Shack and get one, but it became a mission speaking with the non English speaking mother f-er's that I just kept trying....the more I think about it the more pissed I was getting and just wanting to tell them to speak English if they are helping English speaking customers...oh well.

WOW..this turned into a long ass rant...anyway...

Dell can kiss my ass!  I will NEVER buy another Dell product!

It isn't "Dude, your gettin' a Dell" it is "Dude, your gettin' fucked in the ass!"

So, I am stuck with my Canadian model GPS unit (works fine by the way, but I can't charge it)  Oh, I did find the charger I need....guess where?  FRANCE!  No way in hell am I paying for something coming from France.

Fuck..the more I type the more pissed I get!  Shit, I'm going to Radio Shack!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Have you finished your TPS reports yet?

Amazing that the canucks get better service than us...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
not available on egay ??

the charger i mean,  it can't be that expensive
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
you think thats bad, try calling hp to get warranty work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
not available on egay ??

the charger i mean,  it can't be that expensive

Nope..Egay doesn't have one.

I need a Y charger for a:

Dell Axim V51x and GPS Bluetooth wireless receiver

The charger has a single 12v plug that splits off into a plug-in for the PDA and one for the GPS unit.  I know I can find something that will work..hell, I have 3 12v outlets in my vehicle...so I really don't need the Y plug.  The entire point is that DELL SUCKS BALLS!

Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard Wal mart sells dell stuff now (I don't go to w m).

You could go there  and then start wal mart visit thread.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]

The cords in this pic is what I need.  The messed up thing..the US and Canadian part numbers are the same.  

Manufacturer Part# : HD461 Dell Part# : 310-7304  This is the part number for the entire GPS system.  I don't need the entire thing..just the cords.  However, Dell USA can't look it up or help since that part number takes them to the US version.  So, they can't even help with parts.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...shit ass fucked up Dell experience...

Yeah, that's how I felt after dealing with Shareef, Hakim, Sanjar, and a couple other names I don't remember.

Fuck 'em.  My next PC will not be a Dell, fact of the matter, I'll never buy another Dell product again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
i dropped earthlink because the (not sure what countries this was) folks said they could not talk to me about my account until i verified my FATHER'S maiden name.. i shit you not.. kept telling them what they were asking made no sense.. but that was on the script and if you could not answer that questions, the trolls would not let you outta the twisty little passages all alike..

so i called to cancel, course then i got a us citizen.. guess they dont wont the foreigners involved in the money side of the biz... and said them to kiss my ass goodbye and why....

sheese..
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
You should find a pda forum. Lots of PDA geeks out there that might be able to help you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ask around here:

Axim Web Forum

I just retired my Dell Wireless bluetooth GPS system.  I'd send you the cable but then the entire system would be useless/ Of course, you don't need to use the Dell GPS unit with it; I have a mini-Pharos bluetooth unit that works significantly better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't buy from Dell!  Buy from HP, their tech support is......it is.......oh, shit, it's in India too.  

Well then, buy from Sony or Toshiba!  Their tech support is in.....fuck......it's in India as well.

We're screwed.  If you want to own anything slightly electronic, you're going to wind up buying it from someone who farms the construction out to China and the tech support to India.  

Welcome to the 21st century USA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
you think thats bad, try calling hp to get warranty work.

I have an HP laptop that I am typing on now. I had the power supply/cord go bad. I called HP, they diagnosed it within a couple of minutes, and sent me another power supply out. No need to send the defective part back in, etc. Part was overnighted to me, and customer service rep was great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
if you had only paid for the dell gold support package, you'd be ok.

Your bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top