Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 4:54:54 PM EDT
Can someone tell me what dcm means i was looking at the local shop they had a dcm bushy for 1200 whewwww just want another ar what is the main difference between them [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
propguy, go to Bushmasters site below and it explains the differences.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/dcm/pcwa2s20dcm8.htm
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
                                        thanks jon, pg
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
                                        thanks jon, pg
View Quote

FWIW the DCM is currently called the CMP.
The DCM was a Gov't backed program to aid and help increase Civilian Marksmanship. Hence the name Department of Civilian Marksmanship. The Military during training troops for WWII (I admit to possibly being wrong on the exact time frame) that civilians lacked proper basic Marksmanship skills. This program is the basis behind the Nation Matches at Camp Perry. It has for years offered deals to shooting clubs for gear and rifles and ammo and Misc. stuff to start match and marksmanship programs for civilian shooters and most importantly youth shooting programs. So on and so on......

The change to the CMP is thanks to our lovely anti-gun/anti-America Demacrap freaks. These lovely individuals decide to fight to close the door on such a Gov't funded program. Probably thinking the program would die. Luckily it was turned over to what is now the CMP, Civilain Marksmansip Program, a civilian run program.
If you have a club near you affiliated with the CMP you can become qualified to obtain a service rifle match prepped AR15 at better price then can be had at a gunshop. The CMP offers 2 AR15 deals the BM DCM and CLE service rife upper. The CLE is of better quality.
If you go the route of buying a factory DCM type rifle, IMO, the BM is not the best choice. Rock River Arms offers a better rifle at a better deal. Again that is my opinon.

Can you tell I have nothing better to do then type this info? ;)
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
                                        thanks jon, pg
View Quote

FWIW the DCM is currently called the CMP.
The DCM was a Gov't backed program to aid and help increase Civilian Marksmanship. Hence the name Department of Civilian Marksmanship. The Military during training troops for WWII (I admit to possibly being wrong on the exact time frame) that civilians lacked proper basic Marksmanship skills. This program is the basis behind the Nation Matches at Camp Perry. It has for years offered deals to shooting clubs for gear and rifles and ammo and Misc. stuff to start match and marksmanship programs for civilian shooters and most importantly youth shooting programs. So on and so on......

The change to the CMP is thanks to our lovely anti-gun/anti-America Demacrap freaks. These lovely individuals decide to fight to close the door on such a Gov't funded program. Probably thinking the program would die. Luckily it was turned over to what is now the CMP, Civilain Marksmansip Program, a civilian run program.
If you have a club near you affiliated with the CMP you can become qualified to obtain a service rifle match prepped AR15 at better price then can be had at a gunshop. The CMP offers 2 AR15 deals the BM DCM and CLE service rife upper. The CLE is of better quality.
If you go the route of buying a factory DCM type rifle, IMO, the BM is not the best choice. Rock River Arms offers a better rifle at a better deal. Again that is my opinon.

Can you tell I have nothing better to do then type this info? ;)
View Quote
                                        thanks ham just curious about the different types out there a little shocked by the price probably just a regular ar 20" seems to be what i want just something to mess around with and do some plinking i have not gotten in to comps yet and may not. thanks for your reply[BEER]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top