Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 11:36:58 AM EDT
Back in November I bought a Beretta 9000S. I really liked it, a small polymer 9mm with a cocked and locked capability and frame mounted safety.  It shot really well and I started using it for my backup since it uses the same mags as my 92F. Almost weightless compared to the alloy framed Smith 5906 I was carrying before.

Fast forward to Quarterly Qualifications and I experienced three failures to extract out of 100 rounds with Gold Dots. (Our issued ammo) Upon dissasembly I couldn't find anything wrong, except for a suspicious spot in the chamber that didn't seem to be as polished as the rest.  Since I've never had ANY Beretta malfunction not tied to faulty ammo,  I shipped it back to Beretta.  I was resigned to the usual 4-8 week wait and a couple of phone calls at least, possibly a bill in the bargain.

Mailed it off by UPS on the 16th.  It showed back up at the house about 2 hours ago with a new barrel and extractor, no charge. They even test fired it.

Counting travel time they had that gun for about a 3 day turnaround  

Definitely writing a "Thank You" note to these guys.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
+1

Had a Neos that basically self-destructed at about 5000 rounds.  Slide would not lock up right.  Firing pin was ovaling the firing pin hole.  Sent  the gun in for service with a note that said, "This is where the gun is at about 5000 rounds, shouldn't it have done better."

32 days later I get a brand new gun (with the same serial number).  There was work order enclosed that said "Repair by replacement" and a post-it note on the work order that said, "YES."  The replacement gun is now over 6,000 rounds and runnin fine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 9000S, and sent it back to the factory twice. It was jamming, FTEing, shooting WAY low, and then to top it all off, the front sight fell off! Each time it came back, they said it was shooting and feeding fine. I took it out to shoot and could barely get through a mag without a jam. They wouldn't replace it because they couldn't dupe it.

They would only fire 10 rounds of hot +p ammo through the gun AFTER cleaning and oiling it, and considered that their troubleshooting session.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
MUCH better than Sig. Sent a Mosquito in early january. Sig still has it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My DAO 9000s 40S&W has been the best $240 handgun I have ever had.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Back in November I bought a Beretta 9000S. I really liked it, a small polymer 9mm with a cocked and locked capability and frame mounted safety.  It shot really well and I started using it for my backup since it uses the same mags as my 92F. Almost weightless compared to the alloy framed Smith 5906 I was carrying before.

Have you checked out a USP variant 1 or variant 9?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
my beretta 92fs  what the first gun I bought when i turned 21.   still have it, always will  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top