Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:27:40 PM EST
Wife's baby sister has requested we bring the MIL down for the week before the first daughter's Valentine Day wedding so they can help with preparations. I'm going to be left to my own devices. With all the race week activity going on is there going to be anything low-budget and non-racing connected available to do?

I get the feeling that I'm going to be stuck by the pool surfing Arfcom if I can't find something interesting for me to do. Anyone got any suggested activities away from the race fan crowds that will be in town? Any good gun shops with shooting ranges around Daytona?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:31:16 PM EST
1 - go to florida gun exchange in ormond, they have 2 locations, you want the ormond one

2 - while in ormond come stop by my pizza hut and ill give you a arfcom discount, bs about guns while you wait

3 - go to volusia top gun down in south daytona. good people there

4 - as far as ranges , best one is VCGHC but only open to the public on wednesdays. the other is stricklands. not a bad range but kinda fuddish.

5 - most other fun will be had by going to orlando if your into theme park stuff
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:38:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 1:39:43 PM EST by FiveSolas76]
Strickland shooting range is decent in Daytona, outdoors.

Drive through the Ormond Beach loop area. Very scenic and quiet.

Check out the museum of science in Daytona. They have a really nice automobile and Coke museum inside.

Ponce Inlet is a nice drive but the restaurants are so-so. Our Deck Down Under is nice if the weather is nice in Port Orange.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:40:21 PM EST
Drive north and check out St Augustine not that far away.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:42:03 PM EST
Where's the wedding so I can crash it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:45:19 PM EST
Navy SEALs museum is a couple hour drive south.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:46:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 1:46:11 PM EST by CarbineDad]
Ponce Inlet Lighthouse?

Bar at the Streamline Hotel? Maybe meet a pirate?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:53:23 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FiveSolas76:
Where's the wedding so I can crash it?
View Quote

The wedding is going to be hosted by her fathers side of the family. A very stereotypically SICILIAN family. I imagine anyone trying to crash this wedding will be convinced of the error of their ways by two very large, muscular and unfriendly guys named Vito and Scotto. If the person is lucky, he won't learn first hand that the family is very big in the concrete business.
Top Top