Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/29/2004 4:19:11 PM EDT
What are some of the things you would have done different given the same situation as characters in the movie?

example: Utilize propane tanks from roof to clear zombies. Then go get Andy and weapons / ammo.

(sucked when slutty girl was sawed in half.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The one armed zombie should've ran a bit faster.  He could've ate everyone and ended this stupid movie 1 hour sooner.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were the cop with the shotgun, I woudl have told the 3 punk security guards to fuck off and just shot them right off the bat. There is NO WAY you should ever give up your weapon in a situation like that. Man, that pissed me off!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite line " Pussy 9mm"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My favorite line " Pussy 9mm"

+1

I caugh that, also.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Could you imagine how different the movie would have been if the ARFcom crew would have been in the mall and in the gun shop........ the zombies would have been so screwed
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
When they made it to the gun shop, they restocked all their ammo etc. No problem there.

BUT CHRIST !  They still were using Shotguns and Revolvers !!!!  Would somebody P L E A S E pick up a god-damned AR !!!!  

Also, they really should have moved as a unit and that way they could have covered each other during reloads, etc.   It was basically each man for himself.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
It looked to me like they could have used alot more of their resources in the mall.  The sporting goods store was practicaly untoched.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The gun shop owner should have been shooting ALL the zombies. How many thousands of rounds are in a gun shop? And they should have picked up better weapons and more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Should have stayed in the mall, the dead were rotting and would have slowed down in a couple months. As long as food,water held out and you could keep them out, just wait them out and use the buses for supply runs.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When they made it to the gun shop, they restocked all their ammo etc. No problem there.

BUT CHRIST !  They still were using Shotguns and Revolvers !!!!  Would somebody P L E A S E pick up a god-damned AR !!!!  

Also, they really should have moved as a unit and that way they could have covered each other during reloads, etc.   It was basically each man for himself.

No SH1T,  Running around a gun store and they are geting 357 revolvers, WHAT!!!, get an AR, AK or at least ANY semi rifle...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If I were the cop with the shotgun, I woudl have told the 3 punk security guasrds to fuck off and just shot them right off the bat. There is NO WAY you should ever give up your weapon in a situation like that. Man, that pissed me off!!

only problem with that is that the cop wasnt holding the shotgun, the nurse was.

I would have made a run to pick up Andy earlier, grabbed all the ammo and then went back and stayed at the mall.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#13]
In the Andy video he had a MP5 with hicap.  STill a Pussy 9mm with hicap is still better than a six-shooter 9. (F'n cowboy action).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The gun shop owner should have been shooting ALL the zombies. How many thousands of rounds are in a gun shop? And they should have picked up better weapons and more ammo.

In the bonus stuff, Andy says he thought about doing that but said everytime he shot a zombie it seemed to attract more and more.  He also said he tried to burn them but all it did was make him hungry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the bonus stuff, Andy says he thought about doing that but said everytime he shot a zombie it seemed to attract more and more.  He also said he tried to burn them but all it did was make him hungry.

As I mentioned earlier he also said he only had 10k rounds WTF over
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
used a 1911 instead of a glock!

(Just going along with the theme of tonights handgun topics in GD)

Oh No thats just Wrong!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Serously what happend to the AR's?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
used a 1911 instead of a glock!h

Oh No thats just Wrong!hr

At least used a 45acp (vs pussy 9mm) Glock, Para, Colt, CZ whatever.  I have more shit in my closet than they hauled out of the gun shop.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

As I mentioned earlier he also said he only had 10k rounds WTF over

yeah, pretty sad when a gun store only has that many rounds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"TARGET RICH ENVIROMENT"

heavy.gif
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#21]

"TARGET RICH ENVIROMENT"

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Four words- long sleeved leather jackets.  Hell, wrapping your forearms in newspapers and wearing work gloves could have saved a bunch of people.  Why did they continue to run around in t-shirts?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I would of just stayed in the damn mall..Help get Andy some food for exchange of some ammo. and chill
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Could you imagine how different the movie would have been if the ARFcom crew would have been in the mall and in the gun shop........ the zombies would have been so screwed

Yes, I hear Zombies are particularly senstive to Airsoft attacks!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I hear Zombies are particularly senstive to Airsoft attacks!!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#26]
 The biggest mistake they made in my mind was not wearing long sleeves! Once they figured out that it was the undead's bite passing on the plague why on earth was everyone wearing cut-off tee shirts?
If I knew I was heading out amongst the undead I would at least wear a denim jacket and grab a skateboard helmet or something. sheeesh.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I would of just stayed in the damn mall..Help get Andy some food for exchange of some ammo. and chill

Exactly !  The plan to get to an island was bullshit from the beginning. Stay in the mall and work on booby traps and kill zones in case the zombies found a way in.  The Mall had more resources than that small group of people would have used in many months. It was foolish to leave.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Four words- long sleeved leather jackets.  Hell, wrapping your forearms in newspapers and wearing work gloves could have saved a bunch of people.  Why did they continue to run around in t-shirts?

"Roger That"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#29]
So what you're saying is that the ARfcom crew will be the only people to survive (and our familes/loved ones of course)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#30]
This is officially zombie awareness week

At the end the  infected guy at the dock stayed with a semi auto handgun.  The people in the boat would have had more use of that gun.  He was going to die anyways.

Shame on Andy for not having any sound suppresers, especially for the mp5.  A suppreser on his scoped rifle might not have attracted that many zombies.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Big armored buses, lots of zombies... just punch it!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#32]

I would have never sent the dog with the food. There had to be material in the mall to make a catapult to launch a lunch to Andy.

I also would have altered the vans so the tangos could not get a grip on the outside and made a more effective "cow catcher for the front.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#33]
How about retractible blades that are placed about neck high?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I would have made the van so that the chainsaws stayed in the ports. I knew from the start that defensive driving and a running chainsaw in a van with several people in it would be a major fuck up.

They could have saved the slutty chick to fuck later
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

In the "extra" "andys video" he said he had about 10k
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I would have made the van so that the chainsaws stayed in the ports. I knew from the start that defensive driving and a running chainsaw in a van with several people in it would be a major fuck up.

They could have saved the slutty chick to fuck laterhr

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#37]
The biggest mistake was NOT SHOOTING O'DONNEL!  Yeah, she was already dead, but who in the hell wouldn't take advantage of that situation anyway?

I guess they were too sporting.  As the guy said, "It's too easy".  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The biggest mistake was NOT SHOOTING O'DONNEL!  Yeah, she was already dead, but who in the hell wouldn't take advantage of that situation anyway?

I guess they were too sporting.  As the guy said, "It's too easy".  

gotta give you +1 for Rosie
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Is it just me or would the propane have killed them every single time they used it!

I would have built a flame thrower! I would have grabed a couple more guns..!

The guy shot the propane then droped the rifle!WTF

Would have gotten andy and held up in the mall. Then I would have turned the corvette in the parking garage into a rapid supply car.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
They should have upgraded the sailboat for CG patrol / or larger boat.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#41]
To get food to Andy, I've go to the sporting goods store, get a bow, arrows, and fishing line.  Find some rope somewhere, or maybe just use the heaviest test line.

Go up to the roof, shoot an arrow with fishing line tied to it over Andy's roof.  Once a line was established, tie a sack lunch to the line and convey the food over the zombies' heads to andy.  He could pass ammo back.  Maybe find a way to figure out how to get Andy into the Mall.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#42]
My main disappointment with the movie is that they still relied on stupid people to do stupid things to move the plot along.

So what to do different?

1. Mall should have been secured and cleared at the beginning. An inventory of supplies / weapons should have taken place.

2. Communication with the guy at the gun shop should have been a priority. Duh, he has a bunch of freaking guns!

3. There's a damn toy store in the mall. Get a remote control car. Drive it over to andy with a freaking sandwich, you dumbasses.

4. While you're driving the car over to andy, attach some fishing line you get from one of the 2 or 3 sporting goods stores in the mall. Then tie a rope to the line. Use this rope line to send food to andy and guns back to the mall.  Come on, it's simple - he has what you need, you have what he needs.

5. You have at your disposal more flammable liquids and materials to improvise weapons than you can imagine. That's why you take an inventory of the mall. Hell, they could have made a couple flamethrowers and walked over to andy's store, done the polka in the street,  get andy, and then walk back. But no, they just decided to sit on their asses while they were there.

What the hell, did only the dumbasses survive???

6. If some panicky airhead runs out into the middle of zombieland to save a freaking dog, WRITE HER ASS OFF! She's not worth it. You save her now, she's just going to do something stupid again. You know I'm right!

7. If one of your crew starts acting funny and hiding their fiance, don't just shrug it off.  Oh, and if you rush in to find said fiance is a zombie that's about to break lose, and you want to shoot it but  the zombie's boyfriend is threatening to shoot you if you shoot the zombie, SHOOT THE DAMN BOYFRIEND FIRST, THEN THE ZOMBIE. HE HAS A GUN POINTED AT YOU.

8. If you're docking on a strange island, and you want to check for zombies, don't just pull up to the dock and send a freaking dog out there.  Stay away from the shore and send some people in on foot. That way the zombies can't get on your freaking boat. You dumbasses!

Based on the movie, it seems the zombie initially only infects people with an IQ about 100 or so, leaving the marginally intelligent to fend for themselves and ultimately die of their own stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
My main disappointment with the movie is that they still relied on stupid people to do stupid things to move the plot along.

So what to do different?

1. Mall should have been secured and cleared at the beginning. An inventory of supplies / weapons should have taken place.

2. Communication with the guy at the gun shop should have been a priority. Duh, he has a bunch of freaking guns!

3. There's a damn toy store in the mall. Get a remote control car. Drive it over to andy with a freaking sandwich, you dumbasses.

4. While you're driving the car over to andy, attach some fishing line you get from one of the 2 or 3 sporting goods stores in the mall. Then tie a rope to the line. Use this rope line to send food to andy and guns back to the mall.  Come on, it's simple - he has what you need, you have what he needs.

5. You have at your disposal more flammable liquids and materials to improvise weapons than you can imagine. That's why you take an inventory of the mall. Hell, they could have made a couple flamethrowers and walked over to andy's store, do the polka in the street,  get andy, and then walk back. But no, they just decided to sit on their asses while they were there.

6. If some panicky airhead runs out into the middle of zombieland to save a freaking dog, WRITE HER ASS OFF! She's not worth it. You save her now, she's just going to do something stupid again.

7. If one of your crew starts acting funny and hiding their fiance, don't just shrug it off.  Oh, and if you rush in to find said fiance is a zombie that's about to break lose, and you want to shoot it but  the zombie's boyfriend is threatening to shoot you if you shoot the zombie, SHOOT THE DAMN BOYFRIEND FIRST, THEN THE ZOMBIE. HE HAS A GUN POINTED AT YOU.

8. If you're docking on a strange island, and you want to check for zombies, don't just pull up to the dock and send a freaking dog out there.  Stay away from the shore and send some people in on foot. That way the zombies can't get on your freaking boat. You dumbasses!

Based on the movie, it seems the zombie initially only infects people with an IQ about 100 or so., leaving the marginally intelligent to fend for themselves and ultimately die of their own stupidity.

HUGE +1 bro but remember, these are common people in the mall... although now that I think about it.... since we all watched the movied shouldn't the ARFcommers be represented at the mall (since we've been programmed to go there)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So what to do different?

5. You have at your disposal more flammable liquids and materials to improvise weapons than you can imagine. That's why you take an inventory of the mall. Hell, they could have made a couple flamethrowers and walked over to andy's store, done the polka in the street,  get andy, and then walk back. But no, they just decided to sit on their asses while they were there.

6. If some panicky airhead runs out into the middle of zombieland to save a freaking dog, WRITE HER ASS OFF! She's not worth it. You save her now, she's just going to do something stupid again. You know I'm right!

Based on the movie, it seems the zombie initially only infects people with an IQ about 100 or so, leaving the marginally intelligent to fend for themselves and ultimately die of their own stupidity.

+1

I recall that when

7. If one of your crew starts acting funny and hiding their fiance, don't just shrug it off. Oh, and if you rush in to find said fiance is a zombie that's about to break lose, and you want to shoot it but the zombie's boyfriend is threatening to shoot you if you shoot the zombie, SHOOT THE DAMN BOYFRIEND FIRST, THEN THE ZOMBIE. HE HAS A GUN POINTED AT YOU.

this happened the boyfriend did not have a gun out. He said something like "Are you going to kill my family?". The lady shot his girlfriend then he drew and shot her and they had a shoot-off until they hit the ground.

I think she was SOL. She could:

1. Shoot the guy then shoot his girlfriend - I can't see how that is justified before the resulting events took place. It would have saved her life though. She would have a hard time talking her way out of that one.

2. Subdue the guy then shoot his girlfriend - She possibly could have gotten help from the other people to subdue him but in the time he was in the room alone with the gun he could have barricaded himself in the room and made himself a greater threat. They would be able to kill his girlfriend but they might loose a few people in the process trying to breach the door. Remember the guy was not shooting ghetto style.

3. Shoot girlfriend then talk - Wrong! This prompted him to shoot her.

4. Try and reason with him then shoot his girlfriend - I don't think the guy would have let her shoot his girlfriend but she didn't even try to reason with him. She just got busy with the trigger.

Anyone know how to get yourself out of this situation?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Granted, but wouldn't you have a hard time killing the woman who's going to deliver your child
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

yep, have every 10/22 and 10/22 mag fully loaded up on the roof for an all day herd thinning festival

then they could walk the guns over to the mall.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Should have stayed in the mall, the dead were rotting and would have slowed down in a couple months. As long as food,water held out and you could keep them out, just wait them out and use the buses for supply runs.  

they don't rot as fast as regular dead bodies

they would have been waiting a long time
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So what to do different?

Andy had a short wave radio, would the Talkabout the mall people had pickup?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Andy had a short wave radio, would the Talkabout the mall people had pickup?

I'm sure there was a Radio Shack in the mall

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#50]
"NOT shooting ghetto style"

That's one of the most interesting things about this movie.

The only characters who didn't practice good trigger discipline were the asshole security guards.

The boyfriend didn't handle his pistol like a criminal, he handled it like a cop. He didn't miss either.

Andy shoulda had some food stashed somewhere, he didn't seem like the kind of guy who'd let himself get jumped the one and only time he opened a hole in his perimeter, He'd have had that HK trained at the doggy door the whole time, anybody would. That was just lame.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top