Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 9:22:55 AM EDT
I had them sitting in the butcher paper in the Frige for about week.

Today I finally got around to cooking them.....

When I first opened the paper, I was concerned the steaks would be dry, they had drained out alot of liquid....But I went ahead and gave them a good covering of Grill Mates and let them sit about 4 hours.

I got the Char wood going good and hot, added the steaks and then enjoyed..

I tell you, I dont know what it was but they were so full of flavour, and juicy, damn.....the seasonings complimented the steaks well, not ever powering...add to that the cold beer, toasted garlic bread and fries.....

I cant frigging move.....

Sorry, no pics, to busy eating....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Yummy!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Ban.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
WHAT.........................No Pic!!!.........heathen..................
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#5]
the key to good red meat... any red meat... is the quality of animal and aging.  while you don't really have much control over quality of the animal when you buy from the butcher, you can age your own fresh meat.

most of the stuff you get in the store is killed and wrapped all in 1 or 2 days.  by letting it sit in the cold fridge without freezing for a week allowed for the cell structure to soften.  this releases the flavor and juices and makes it more tender.

BTW,  this week old meat you get at the grocery store is NOT aged properly.  most likely just starting to rot.  open freezer bins do not keep anything properly cold.

that is why i always kill, age, and process my own meat.  (beef included)

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
 Steak, my favorite food.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
one of the best ribeyes I ever cooked was in pan with bacon grease
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I just grilled some rib-eyes last night.  The last of the snow had melted from the patio, so I prepped the grill and got to work.  I gave them a light coating of ground red pepper and Tone's Lime Pepper Seasoning.  Grilled them just to the rare side of medium-rare.  Served them up with asparagus and red-potato salad.

Mmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#9]
No pics
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
FUCKING TEASE~
I click this thread expecting to see some seculant ribeye and what is this NOT A SINLGE PIC and a half ass description, we needs pics NOW to make up for it all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top