Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:10:57 AM EDT
It has a provocatively-clad woman and some blood, so maybe not safe for work.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
For some reason embedding the video with rest of the post had everything messed up Anyway...

I never played the pen-and-paper game, but these guys made the Witcher series so I have high hopes. This video is considered by CD Projekt Red to be a target render, so the game is supposed to be at this level of visual fidelity when it's released. There was a secret message at 2:13 that was quickly found:

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. it’s a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo. So let’s begin!

First of all—have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it’s a teaser, we’ll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants—look for the weapon hands and the real skin—corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You’re probably curious about the release date. It’s currently scheduled a way off, in 2015, but in truth, the delivery date is more like, “when it’s done.” We will release Cyberpunk to you when we’re convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Ok—and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we’re still building our dev team. So if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now: [email protected]

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen & paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm. We’ll tell some more about it soon!

And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. ;-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife—what other name could we have chosen for it? :)

CD Projekt RED Team
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, but damn doesn't all CG movies that good?

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that does sound good.  I was a big fan of The Witcher and The Witcher 2, so I know these guys can make a good game.  When I was younger, I used to love the old pen, paper and dice games.  I was into the Shadowrun series mainly, but I think I could really get into this game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I got published in a couple of the pen and paper Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebooks.   I am very psyched for this game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
2015 release?  The trailer looks good (cgi, so duh), and Witcher 2 was great.  However, I'll wait and see on this one.  2+ years out is still a long ways off and they won't have any real gameplay or even solid details for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The teaser is very intriguing. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

Not sure what the end of the video implies though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The teaser is very intriguing. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

Not sure what the end of the video implies though.

It's definitely her, without the hair.  The scars and eyes match.  Using mass murderers to catch other ones?  The individuals in the trailer don't seem to have much to do with the actual plot I think - more of a background deal or something.  Because the narrative they laid out in another article I read doesn't talk at all about a re-educated psycho bitch or anything.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Listen up you primitive screwheads!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It has a provocatively-clad woman and some blood, so maybe not safe for work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Who doesn't like provocatively clad women?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
She'd probably cut your dick off while giving you a handjob.  Might not be worth the risk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top